• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald Remake Speculation Thread

If Pokemon Ruby & Pokemon Sapphire was remade, would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 1,204 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 87 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
  • Besides, retcons retconning retcons is the way to go.

Remakes of remakes of the original Pokemon games FTW! :cer_laugh:

I'm conflicted, because I'm worried they'll change the characters and only let you fight one evil team per version, which would really suck. I loved Emerald, and I want to fight Aqua and Magma. Otherwise I'm all for this idea, and I think it will definitely happen.

I agree. Though I started with Sapphire, Emerald's integration of both teams vying for domination and the awakening of both Hoenn Weather legends in Hoenn seems superior to what Ruby or Sapphire alone could muster. I think Emerald's storyline could still work, except altering the location of encounter to the Cave Origin.

Say you had the Sapphire remake. Rayquaza would still appear and make both Groudon and Kyogre descend to the depths with Hyper Voice. After attempting to control the legendaries with Mt. Pyre's orbs, both Archie and Maxie would revisit the mountain and return them. The lady guardian of the 2 orbs say that the player should hold onto one for some time to discourage any repeat events. Or maybe soon after Rayquaza intervenes, after capturing Rayquaza, Wallace still notes heavy rain hovering over Sootopolis. You acquire the Blue Orb to tame Kyogre, enter the Cave of Origin and encounter Kyogre, either KOing or capturing it. Then the heavy rain dissipates, and you return the Blue Orb back to its rightful resting place on Mt. Pyre...

...Something like that. I don't know, but I have a feeling Emerald's storyline could really work well in the remakes. :nervous:

I don't know that the hints are substantial enough like they were in D/P.

Well, some people argue that the only "hint" was that Chikorita "arriving" from Johto, and everything else was a hashed-out attempt to discover "hints" of HGSS in DP. But whatever. :P Personally, I think the apparent near-uselessness of the Dive HM and the recoding of the Shell Bell are worth something... :D :rambo: We never know, Game Freak could fully intend some things in the games as "hints" for certain remakes, just for the fun of it. ;)

ShivaDF

The Scooter-riding Artist
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2017
    Say you had the Sapphire remake. Rayquaza would still appear and make both Groudon and Kyogre descend to the depths with Hyper Voice. After attempting to control the legendaries with Mt. Pyre's orbs, both Archie and Maxie would revisit the mountain and return them. The lady guardian of the 2 orbs say that the player should hold onto one for some time to discourage any repeat events. Or maybe soon after Rayquaza intervenes, after capturing Rayquaza, Wallace still notes heavy rain hovering over Sootopolis. You acquire the Blue Orb to tame Kyogre, enter the Cave of Origin and encounter Kyogre, either KOing or capturing it. Then the heavy rain dissipates, and you return the Blue Orb back to its rightful resting place on Mt. Pyre...

...Something like that. I don't know, but I have a feeling Emerald's storyline could really work well in the remakes. :nervous:
    I was also thinking along similar lines, but with be able to get different poke'mon (like in Black and White, Diamond and Pearl etc.) because it would not be hard to trade.

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022

I had a similar idea but I would say incorporating something like HGSS into it where you can get the other mascot (in this case Groudon) but only after obtaining the National Pokedex.

Another thing I would do is lower the levels of Rayquaza and the version mascot to something like Level 50 or 45. It was too easy to capture Rayquaza and use it in the League in Emerald.

GlalieX

Ruler of Illusion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2012
    I'd get it for sure. Those games remain my favorites so far, even though Black and White will probably take them down. However, a remake of them in the greatness of the 3D style used in Black and White would be incredible.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • I had a similar idea but I would say incorporating something like HGSS into it where you can get the other mascot (in this case Groudon) but only after obtaining the National Pokedex.

Another thing I would do is lower the levels of Rayquaza and the version mascot to something like Level 50 or 45. It was too easy to capture Rayquaza and use it in the League in Emerald.

Actually, that's what I prefer, being able to get all the legendaries in one game without trading. However, I didn't include it because with the original Ruby/Sapphire, you were only able to capture the version mascot and Rayquaza, being unable to capture the version mascot of the opposite version. The only reason it was present in HGSS is because the original GSC included the feature.

However, BW does not seem to continue the trend of HGSS, apparently only allowing the player to catch the version mascot and Kyuremu. So, I'm assuming to be in line with the original, the RS remakes will preserve the 2/3 legendary availability of the originals. :( Though we never know, Game Freak could allow us to catch the Weather Trio all in one game, with the version mascot present in the Cave of Origin (or its thematic location of Emerald) and Rayquaza present in the Sky Pillar.

Both would be available before the Elite 4 (at low levels, though, as mentioned above), with the version mascot counterpart being available only after the Elite 4 in another location. Personally, I'd prefer for them to be available in the thematic locations (i.e., in Ruby, Kyogre would be available in Seafloor Cavern rather than Marine Cave; in Sapphire, Groudon would be available in Mt. Chimney rather than Terra Cave; both of which would tie in with their original resting places in Emerald).

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    That's implying that everyone doesn't mean "A remake of Pokémon Emerald split into two versions with slightly differing wild Pokémon availability" when they say "RS Remake", like how Heart Gold and Soul Silver are basically two remakes of Crystal with slight differences. Game Freak not using Emerald as the base for a Hoenn remake wouldn't make much sense.

(also the trend of only allowing the player to catch the version mascot in the first versions has been around in every brand-new Pokémon game since RS, so it's silly to imagine they would change that now)

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    That's implying that everyone doesn't mean "A remake of Pokémon Emerald split into two versions with slightly differing wild Pokémon availability" when they say "RS Remake", like how Heart Gold and Soul Silver are basically two remakes of Crystal with slight differences. Game Freak not using Emerald as the base for a Hoenn remake wouldn't make much sense.

(also the trend of only allowing the player to catch the version mascot in the first versions has been around in every brand-new Pokémon game since RS, so it's silly to imagine they would change that now)

Every remake of a Pokemon game uses the third version as its base to some degree. FireRed and LeafGreen naturally retain things such as Yellow's capture and encounter rates (although here that's inherent because they've been used ever since Yellow), and as pointed out certain additions from Crystal were incorporated into HGSS (Suicune, needing to beat Team Rocket to get an item needed to summon the version mascot) so I would be very surprised if certain elements of Emerald were not incorporated.

cozmo

the Umbreon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2010
    I would totally buy it! Pokemon Sapphire was my favourite game as a kid, as a matter of fact, I'm playing it right now!

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
  • I'll be the first to buy the remakes when they're released (Yes, I have full confidence that they will be made). I'm hoping for the following:

+Improved outfits for the characters, possibly different appearance for May.

-Pokemon Follow Me feature like in HG/SS. Possibly introduced in this manner: You go to Route 101 to see what's going on, like in R/S/E, and find Professor Birch attempting to capture a wild Treeko, Torchic, and Mudkip that have escaped their PokeBalls. Your rival is also helping him. They see you and ask you to try and grab one of the three before they escape into the wild. Which ever one you grab is your starter, your rival grabs the one who has the advantage, and Prof. Birch grabs the last one.

This would then lead to your rival challenging you to a match. Also, the event of going to Route 103 would be altered to having to deliver the third Starter to a young Trainer on the Route. You'd travel to Route 103 and deliver the Starter to Wally, who'd promptly thank you and return to Petalburg.

+Both Teams involved! Emerald's version of the story was great, so why change it? If anything, alter the Teams' positions in the story. In Emerald, Magma was fought more than Aqua, so for the Sapphire remake, change that around and keep it the same for the Ruby remake. Possibly have Team Aqua go to the Undersea Cavern to awaken Kyogre in the way Magma awakens Groudon in Mt. Chimney.

-Regigigas! Since the Regis orginally debutted in Hoenn without much purpose other than to cause a massive migraine with the process required to get them, why not have a fourth chamber located in the Sealed Chamber where you face Regigigas after you capture the other three?

-More Rival Battles! Seriously, you don't even fight your rival's starter at its final evolution in the original! And you fight Wally twice which sucks. So, why not set up something like this:
    -After obtaining Starter: Fight May/Brendan
    -After beating Aqua/Magma Grunt in Rusturf Tunnel: Fight May/Brendan
    -After gaining access to Mauville City: Fight May/Brendan
    -Before fighting Wattson: Fight Wally
    -After defeating Norman: Fight Wally (Recieve HM03 Surf)
    -After Weather Institute: Fight May/Brendan
    -At Lilycove Department Store: Fight Wally
    -After Sootopolis Gym: Fight May/Brendan (Final Battle)
    -Victory Road: Fight Wally (Final Battle)

Shadow Ball

I <3 ghosties the mosties! :P
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    It doesn't seem old enough to be remade to me... I mean, Gold and Silver were still running on the Gameboy Color - so there were major changes that could be made visually and stuff. Ruby and Sapphire still look pretty much like the newer games. I guess they could improve some outfits and such and change some things around... but the major improvement of Heart Gold and Soul Silver was the amazing graphics improvement and visual style.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • It doesn't seem old enough to be remade to me... I mean, Gold and Silver were still running on the Gameboy Color - so there were major changes that could be made visually and stuff. Ruby and Sapphire still look pretty much like the newer games. I guess they could improve some outfits and such and change some things around... but the major improvement of Heart Gold and Soul Silver was the amazing graphics improvement and visual style.

They'll look like dust in 2013 I'm sure. .-. They're the weird middle child right now. Not terribly old, but not brand new either.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years

• They'll look like dust in 2013 I'm sure. .-. They're the weird middle child right now. Not terribly old, but not brand new either.

But they were the middle child that got great marks in school and the parents pushed the younger kids to do just as well.

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2018
    *fast forwarding to 2015/16*

So we should TOTALLY get remake's of Black and White. Would bring back so many memories!

But yeah, seriously, RSE deserve a remake. HGSS has Kanto in them, so Nintendo wouldn't really do that for a long time. RBY/FRLG remakes would bring back memories but now it's just not worth it.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • But yeah, seriously, RSE deserve a remake. HGSS has Kanto in them, so Nintendo wouldn't really do that for a long time. RBY/FRLG remakes would bring back memories but now it's just not worth it.

Oh God. A remake of a remake. I don't even think I'd buy that. As if a remake was redundant enough.

Burning Blaziken

Neo Genesis Iron Man
    Years
  • An RS remake? Clearly Nintendo are stalling for time so they don't have to make Pokémon Iron Genesis Version - the ultimate game where the main character conquers a growing dark force to impress/entertain the supreme overlord of the pokéworld, me, Kevin.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back