• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald Remake Speculation Thread

If Pokemon Ruby & Pokemon Sapphire was remade, would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 1,204 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 87 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    Let's hope so, I'm awating CoroCoro but not getting my hopes up... yet!

Pretty much this. Im expecting it to be a BW Mystery Dungeon or some other spin-off so Im not getting my hopes up, but I would love to be surprised. Coro Coro should be leaking any time now.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Within the next few days, I can see it being a spin-off so I'm pretty much set.. the main thing I'd like to see for a spinoff is a MD obviously, it's been time since the last one!

Intelligence

The return
    Years
    I am more focused on what is going to happen in September in Japan, because since Emerald Japan has only received main games in September, fall. They received Emerald on 16 September 2004, Diamond+Pearl on 28 September 2006, Platinum on 13 September 2008, HeartGold+SoulSilver on 12 September 2009 and Black+White on 18 September 2010. They also received Yellow on 12 September 1998. That is why I am more focused on September than any other month next year.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    I'm actually hoping now that we get RS remakes in the Spring(f0r Japan) just to break this 'pattern'. It's a little odd how we can nearly find out what kind of game is worked on/going to be released based on a set 'season', at least imo.

I know different companies work on the different types of games so I'm not going to hope that they 'mix it up' by communicating with each other that way. What I mean is that they should be a little more...'bouncy' with the times they release things. That would allow them to get some more things done if a game is obviously not ready(BW, although they can fix this kind of thing in Gray). The timing of games is probably just coincidence, but it certainly doesn't seem that way.

Tl;dr - I'd like to be more surprised.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    Yeah, Coro Coro has leaked already since Serebii posted a picture of the new B/W Wi-Fi event from it. So I guess we have to wait.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Ah well.. there's always December with Jumpa Fest. The waiting and anticipation is becoming irritating I just wish they would announce it already as I'm beginning to doubt RS remakes slightly.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    Ah well.. there's always December with Jumpa Fest. The waiting and anticipation is becoming irritating I just wish they would announce it already as I'm beginning to doubt RS remakes slightly.

If the game was being released at the beginning of Spring Im sure they would have announced it by now, so my bet is that whatever the game is it'll be released mid - late spring. It sucks that we probably have to wait another month now to possibly find out what the game is.... and it might just be another lame spin-off which is why Im not getting my hopes up.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    The chance of the new game is a spin off is increased since it will be revealed after a month from pokepark 2.
    At least they should give us a little information about the new game, I hate waiting for a long time for nothing...

Years
    The chance of the new game is a spin off is increased since it will be revealed after a month from pokepark 2.
    At least they should give us a little information about the new game, I hate waiting for a long time for nothing...

Well if it is a side game, it could be a new Mystery Dungeon.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Theres not much more it can be if it's a spin-off, just had Pokepark AND Rumble Blast, recently had a Ranger the only possibility is Mystery Dungeon, other than that it's a main.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2014
    It could always be pokemon dash 2!

Just kidding, the only spin off I would be happy with would be a 3DS pokemon snap game. Even then, I'd prefer a main game.

RS remakes will definately come out though, it's a matter of when rather than if. I just hope its sooner rather than later, but I have the feeling that Grey will be released first, as it will probably have changes that won't be compatible with Black and White (e.g. new pokemon forms) that they'll probably want to make compatible with the remakes.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    I'd really hope that 3DS games can be updated later on to add compatibility for content like new Pokémon forms made in later games.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2014
    I'd hope so as well, especially as Nintendo have said they are allowing companies to update their games over the eshop on the 3DS.

The problem with that though is that either the R/S remakes will be on the 3DS with the same game engine as B/W, and then the same with Grey, or they will have designed a new engine for the remakes and Grey will use that.

Neither of these things make much sense, as either a generation will be split into two engines, or they will keep the same engine but then (assuming they come out on the 3DS) the 3DS games will have been basically designed for the DS, with a few tweaks.

I wouldn't mind either, but I can see them going with the second option (the first seems too much effort for one generation), which could harm the reception and sales of the games.

The problem is that gamefreak have a valid reason for the dilemma they're in; I bet by the time they found out that the 3DS existed they were too far through black and white to change anything without basically starting from scratch and making us wait an extra few years for new games.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back