• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Sacred Johto [V0.3]

Which Shiny Should Omega Pidgey get? (https://twitter.com/ArchyArcanine/status/1065566101885603840)

• Old Chocolate Oreo Shiny

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • Since this topic was bumped, let me just briefly mention something. Demo 5 will be on-going for a while as the game itself is being revised. The current demo length is one gym plus additional story content, but the length of the game will gradually increase. Demo 4 did have 6 gyms, and Demo 5 will follow roughly the same path, but some things have changed, such as the areas encountering leading up to each gym. You can join the Discord and/or check out Archy's Twitter to always check up on the latest news regarding this game.

As was answered before, the starters have been changed back to the Johto trio, but you will be able to get additional Pokemon, and Pichu, Azurill, and Togepi can be chosen later as a gift Pokemon (only one, at least at this time). I should also note that the three lines mentioned, among many other Pokemon, have received changes. The important difference is that the three baby Pokemon now evolve by level up, in the same format as the traditional starters, as opposed to Happiness. Other Pokemon like Riolu still evolve by happiness, but the way to increase happiness can be found in Cherrygrove City. The amount of different Pokemon you can obtain prior to the first gym is actually a larger number than might be usual for a game (I think the number is at least 60). The major battles in Sacred Johto are harder than the battles encountered in the regular games, so building a diverse and strong team early on will help a lot.

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2022
    Glad to hear about the progress! I haven't finished the current demo but it looks great so far.

Years
    • Seen today
    I seen there are lines off omefa forms off the lines off totodile cyndaquil and togepy does it mean the azuril pichu and chickorita lines will get lines off omega forms?

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    I seen there are lines off omefa forms off the lines off totodile cyndaquil and togepy does it mean the azuril pichu and chickorita lines will get lines off omega forms?

those have nothing to do with starters, omegas of the starters (original 3) are that way as their official starters nothing more.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2021
    Just downloaded the new main file and I can't even start the game. As soon as I attempt to go past the title screen, I get an error.

Script 'SpriteWindow' line 220: RuntimeError occurred.
    filename is nil

Presumably this means a file is missing or something, but I even re-downloaded the game and the patch, but the error persists.

Edit/Update: I deleted the old save file under Users/Saved Games and now it works. Not entirely sure if that was the issue or not, but that seems to be what fixed it.

New issues found: Upon reaching the naming screen after selecting female trainer, some of the text appears to be missing from the description of what to do ("use the keyboard to type your name"). It's clear what you need to do, but something to note. Additionally, the game is calling for two graphic files that don't appear to exist: trchar001_headgear00 and 01. I downloaded the main file again just to make sure they weren't somehow missed, but they don't even appear to be in the file at all. Not sure what's going on there...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    Just downloaded the new main file and I can't even start the game. As soon as I attempt to go past the title screen, I get an error.

Presumably this means a file is missing or something, but I even re-downloaded the game and the patch, but the error persists.

Edit/Update: I deleted the old save file under Users/Saved Games and now it works. Not entirely sure if that was the issue or not, but that seems to be what fixed it.

New issues found: Upon reaching the naming screen after selecting female trainer, some of the text appears to be missing from the description of what to do ("use the keyboard to type your name"). It's clear what you need to do, but something to note. Additionally, the game is calling for two graphic files that don't appear to exist: trchar001_headgear00 and 01. I downloaded the main file again just to make sure they weren't somehow missed, but they don't even appear to be in the file at all. Not sure what's going on there...

yea the sprite error thing is the issue with saved games. seemed to forget about the headgear, ill have to fix that, sorry about that.

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2022
    That was really weird...the entire folder wasn't being extracted, just five files. I'm manually copying and pasting into the folder now, and it seems to be working fine. I don't know why it wasn't being fully extracted.

same for me too

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2024
    Do I only need the main file if I haven't downloaded the game before or do I need the patch as well?

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Hi, just a heads up. Wonder Trade doesn't work, and I think some atacks are buggy since my Fletchling (Omega) and Totodile one shot everything.

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    Hi, just a heads up. Wonder Trade doesn't work, and I think some atacks are buggy since my Fletchling (Omega) and Totodile one shot everything.

still working on closed updates rn, so might have been fixed, but how is the WT broken? and what attacks on both, levels or atleast levels above foes it one shot on.

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    You need to download both and then replace the game.rgssad file from the patch into the main game folder

This is the best case to make sure everything is working; i only update the main file on full update/initial public releases. (e.g, for 0.5 i would make a main file but for 0.5.1 i'd only update the patch file) only time you'd have to download the main file again is for changes to music or character customization, font etc. (any actual folders inside the main download)

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    Trainer customization doesn't seem to work for me, I think I have all the necessary graphic files...

In what way? like does it crash or just not work. due to a weird bug you'll need to make sure the character customization files are in the main folder (graphics/pictures or something iirc) as thats not in a patch file. if not let me know;

sorry for "late" replies and thanks to mild for helping a bit for one person, i am subscribed to this thread but still dont get notified.

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    forced loss then not able to get a cyndaquil, I'm done with this game

what do you mean? there are no force loses before you get your starter.

if by not getting cyndaquil, thats because of the quiz; there is a ingame cheat sheet if you listen to the npcs carefully in the lab event.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    the battle against Typhlosion i always lose no matter what, two i read everything there's not one thing that tips me off one way or another, why the hell is it so complicated to get a damn starter?

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    the battle against Typhlosion i always lose no matter what, two i read everything there's not one thing that tips me off one way or another, why the hell is it so complicated to get a damn starter?

its not complicated. before the quiz they say you can go relax or talk to sinio, who hints at you reading. if you then read the books in the lab (there are 3) you'll know the right answers.

typhlosion i have never had issues with peopple fighting it, its not a force lose, infact i was expecting a 90% win rate.

i understand being irrate about stuff that annoys you but its easier to help you if you dont be irrate and stuff. but if you have more issues with typhlosion ill take a look into it

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2020
    Hi, I'm stoped after violet city adn I can't continue the game . When I try to fight against team vanila with the gym leader the game crash. I also installed the patch file.

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    Hi, I'm stoped after violet city adn I can't continue the game . When I try to fight against team vanila with the gym leader the game crash. I also installed the patch file.

can you tell me the crash? its not that easy to help (not trying to sound rude) without a crash reference or what exactly you did.

Back