• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Sacred Johto [V0.3]

Which Shiny Should Omega Pidgey get? (https://twitter.com/ArchyArcanine/status/1065566101885603840)

• Old Chocolate Oreo Shiny

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2023
    I wish you good luck, keep improving your game and it will become better than pokemon insurgence and rejuvenation and reborn

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    I wish you good luck, keep improving your game and it will become better than pokemon insurgence and rejuvenation and reborn

Thanks for the positive vibes <3 i wont compare myself to them as they are inspirations and have much more people working on them to make them what they are, but thank you <3

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    plz fix the walking error i cant enjoy the game otherwise its irritating sorry for being rude

i wont be able to fix it for awhile; again i said so in PM's; the issue was my oversight just try walking over other stairs and not the top right one of olivine; if that cant be fixed; i cant do anything till 0.5 is done.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2021
    I received the following error when fighting Bug Catcher Wyatt just outside of Violet City. I was battling his Cascoon (which only knows Harden and Iron Defense) when it popped up.

Exception: NoMethodError
    PokeBattle_BattlerEffects:753:in `pbCanIncreaseStatStage?'
    PokeBattle_MoveEffects:1399:in `pbEffect'
    PokeBattle_Battler:4461:in `pbUseMove_ebs'
    PokeBattle_Battler:4460:in `logonerr'
    PokeBattle_Battler:4460:in `pbUseMove_ebs'
    EliteBattle_Battle:515:in `pbUseMove'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3951:in `pbUseMoveSimple'
    PokeBattle_MoveEffects:4996:in `pbEffect'
    PokeBattle_MoveEffects:4980:in `loop'
    PokeBattle_MoveEffects:5000:in `pbEffect'

There was an additional error that appeared upon defeating Bug Catcher Wyatt. This particular error has popped up two out of three times that I have battled and defeated him (which is a shame since Butterfree and Beedrill are worth lots of XP). This error crashed the game. Unfortunately, I seem to have failed to catch the exact error text. Strangely, the third time I battled him (using just my starter in order to expedite it) there was no error. For reference, the error appeared the moment his defeat text appeared on screen while I had my Cleffa out.

Edit: Updating this with another error that occurred. I was battling a wild Murkrow with intent to capture it. I had only one Poke Ball, which it broke out of. Drat. So I decided I'd faint it for the XP. This appeared after and crashed the game:
    Script 'PokeBattle_Battle' line 6186: NoMethod error occured

undefined method 'fainted?' for
    #<PokeBattle_Pokemon:0x11b5650>

Edit #2: The same error popped up for a Bellsprout. More than once, even.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    I received the following error when fighting Bug Catcher Wyatt just outside of Violet City. I was battling his Cascoon (which only knows Harden and Iron Defense) when it popped up.

There was an additional error that appeared upon defeating Bug Catcher Wyatt. This particular error has popped up two out of three times that I have battled and defeated him (which is a shame since Butterfree and Beedrill are worth lots of XP). This error crashed the game. Unfortunately, I seem to have failed to catch the exact error text. Strangely, the third time I battled him (using just my starter in order to expedite it) there was no error. For reference, the error appeared the moment his defeat text appeared on screen while I had my Cleffa out.

Edit: Updating this with another error that occurred. I was battling a wild Murkrow with intent to capture it. I had only one Poke Ball, which it broke out of. Drat. So I decided I'd faint it for the XP. This appeared after and crashed the game:

Edit #2: The same error popped up for a Bellsprout. More than once, even.

This has to do with birthsigns or atleast the second half; just some code that wasn't meant to be there (the wyatt crashing; aswell as murkrow and bellsprout; the cascoon one however is a constant issue and not sure how to fix it yet.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2021
    I forgot to mention it earlier, but I also noticed that the house on Route 30, North of Cherrygrove City, is unable to be entered. I wasn't sure if this was intended or not.

Edit: After trading my Burmy to an NPC for his Joltik and placing it at the front of my party, I discovered that Joltik seems to be walking on air. Apparently my Joltik has turned into a flying type when I wasn't looking. :)

Edit #2: I believe I may have found a similar error to the one that crashed Bug Catcher Wyatt. This one occurred in the Trainer School in Violet City where I participated in a Double Battle against the two bullies.

Script 'Interpreter' line 276 RuntimeError occurred.

Script error within event 9 map 112 (TrainerSchool):
    Message: Section085:671:in `pbEndOfBattle' undefined method 'fainted?' for #<PokeBattle_Pokemon:0x11d717e0>
    ***Full Script:
    pbDoubleTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::LASS,"Audrey",1,_|("Beaten by the nerd?!"),PBTrainers::YOUNGSTER,"Andrew",1,_|("How could we lose!"),false)
    Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'
    EliteBattle_Battle:242:in `pbStartBattleCore'
    PokeBattle_Battle:4301:in `pbStartBattle'
    Sky/Inverse:443:in `pbDoubleTrainerBattle'
    Sky/Inverse:442:in `pbSceneStandby'
    Sky/Inverse:444:in `pbDoubleTrainerBattle'
    Sky/Inverse:441:in `pbBattleAnimation'
    Sky/Inverse:441:in `pbDoubleTrainerBattle'
    (eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'
    Interpreter:794:in `eval'

Edit 3: I have encountered the same error as above when battling Lass Lilly in the Violet City Gym. Seems like I have really bad luck with these.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    I forgot to mention it earlier, but I also noticed that the house on Route 30, North of Cherrygrove City, is unable to be entered. I wasn't sure if this was intended or not.

Edit: After trading my Burmy to an NPC for his Joltik and placing it at the front of my party, I discovered that Joltik seems to be walking on air. Apparently my Joltik has turned into a flying type when I wasn't looking. :)

Edit #2: I believe I may have found a similar error to the one that crashed Bug Catcher Wyatt. This one occurred in the Trainer School in Violet City where I participated in a Double Battle against the two bullies.

Its the specific pokemon you are using; go to its summary it should probably have aristocrat (meowth) as its birthsign. and joltik is just a sprite issue with gen 5 followers; so yea.

Edit 3: I have encountered the same error as above when battling Lass Lilly in the Violet City Gym. Seems like I have really bad luck with these.
    ~

Its a birthsign error again; that specific pokemon you are using is probably an aristocrat (meowth) birthsign.

Joltik is a sprite related "bug" all gen 5 followers are floating.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2021
    I see. My Joltik and Omega Taillow both have the Meowth birthsign. I guess I'll have to replace them for now. Thank you for the quick responses!

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    You can use them just not in the first slot/ kill with them; so when ran with the exp share later should be fine; or catch new ones (unfortunately not in joltik's case)

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2021
    New question(s): Why is the first gym level 18-20 when all Wild Pokemon outside are level 2-5? How in the world is a player supposed to reach that level with even just three Pokemon when there is nothing worthwhile to grind on? My highest level Pokemon is my starter, Quilava, who is 17. He can't carry the fight against the Gym Leader's Scyther alone. The only other Pokemon I have that is close to that is a level 14 Butterfree. Everything else is 10-11. Outsider Pokemon disobeying above 10 doesn't help. Is there a method that I'm missing?

I want to enjoy this game, but the level curve seems exceptionally steep at the start of the game. I hope I don't come across as being rude, as while I am somewhat frustrated by this, I am not trying to insult anyone in any way.

Last edited:
    Years
  • The highest wild level I've seen is level 14, southwest of Violet City. That being said, the gym leader is being revised in Demo 5 (despite what the thread here says, we've been at Demo 4 for a while, actually), so the levels may be lowered a little, but probably not by much. Took me about a few hours to get three Pokemon leveled up around 21 to take on the gym. The game actually starts going by a lot quicker training-wise sometime around the second gym.

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    New question(s): Why is the first gym level 18-20 when all Wild Pokemon outside are level 2-5? How in the world is a player supposed to reach that level with even just three Pokemon when there is nothing worthwhile to grind on? My highest level Pokemon is my starter, Quilava, who is 17. He can't carry the fight against the Gym Leader's Scyther alone. The only other Pokemon I have that is close to that is a level 14 Butterfree. Everything else is 10-11. Outsider Pokemon disobeying above 10 doesn't help. Is there a method that I'm missing?

I want to enjoy this game, but the level curve seems exceptionally steep at the start of the game. I hope I don't come across as being rude, as while I am somewhat frustrated by this, I am not trying to insult anyone in any way.

dont ever take it as an insult; the highest levels are around 8 or slightly higher if you use the small patch of grass on route 32. otherwise its the trainers or trainer school.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2021
    So I ended up catching a few random new Pokemon in that small patch of grass on Route 32, including an Omega Fletchling. After beating up the bullies in the trainer school and gaining a few levels for my butterfree, I went back to the Gym, resolved to just grind on losses vs the Gym leader if needed. I selected my team of 3: O Fletchling, Butterfree (w/ Sky Plate), and Quilava. I never even needed Quilava. Fletchling's peck sent the leader's Burmy packing, then a combination of peck and quick attack weakened the Scyther before fletchling went down. Sent out Butterfree next and just started spamming air cutter. Poor Scyther never stood a chance, as it quickly got critical'd into the dirt. Even without a critical, that one move ended up one-shotting both Lilligang and Bayleef in rapid succession. Now I'm left wondering just how much a Sky Plate boosts Flying-Type moves.

Apparently the answer is "20%". I guess this can be chalked up to another instances of 'I frustrate easily'. At least now I can continue seeking out all the strange new things in this game that lie beyond Violet City.

Edit: I went to the Ruins of Alph after the Gym, and it was suggested by the Gym Leader that I could heal my Pokemon by 'talking to the person in the research center'. The only building I see is the 'lab', but when I attempt to enter it, the door opens and nothing happens. The character just sort of freezes while everything else keeps on moving around them.

Oh, and one more relatively minor thing: When fighting a double battle against wild Pokemon, if you throw a Poke Ball with your first mon's turn and it fails, the game will not let you throw another. It says "It's impossible to aim without being focused". If you then try to have the second Pokemon make a move of some kind, the game skips over their turn and goes back to the wild Pokemon's turn.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2019
    On Route 32 SW of Violet, I got stuck in an endless loop of running down the stairs towards patches of grass. Reloading game does not fix it. how do I go to a previous save?

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    So I ended up catching a few random new Pokemon in that small patch of grass on Route 32, including an Omega Fletchling. After beating up the bullies in the trainer school and gaining a few levels for my butterfree, I went back to the Gym, resolved to just grind on losses vs the Gym leader if needed. I selected my team of 3: O Fletchling, Butterfree (w/ Sky Plate), and Quilava. I never even needed Quilava. Fletchling's peck sent the leader's Burmy packing, then a combination of peck and quick attack weakened the Scyther before fletchling went down. Sent out Butterfree next and just started spamming air cutter. Poor Scyther never stood a chance, as it quickly got critical'd into the dirt. Even without a critical, that one move ended up one-shotting both Lilligang and Bayleef in rapid succession. Now I'm left wondering just how much a Sky Plate boosts Flying-Type moves.

Apparently the answer is "20%". I guess this can be chalked up to another instances of 'I frustrate easily'. At least now I can continue seeking out all the strange new things in this game that lie beyond Violet City.

Edit: I went to the Ruins of Alph after the Gym, and it was suggested by the Gym Leader that I could heal my Pokemon by 'talking to the person in the research center'. The only building I see is the 'lab', but when I attempt to enter it, the door opens and nothing happens. The character just sort of freezes while everything else keeps on moving around them.

Oh, and one more relatively minor thing: When fighting a double battle against wild Pokemon, if you throw a Poke Ball with your first mon's turn and it fails, the game will not let you throw another. It says "It's impossible to aim without being focused". If you then try to have the second Pokemon make a move of some kind, the game skips over their turn and goes back to the wild Pokemon's turn.

the plate boost isn't higher here; butterfree is just op early one; im surprised you had issues with scyther and not lilligant however.

with that lab; you need to go north first or enter the cave and come back out to then heal
    just event issues at the start

double battles will be buggy; cant really change that without altering the entire battle system;
    my guess is that the game thinks their is no pokemon anymore or they are immune now; thus skipping attacks or pokeballs being unthrowable.

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    On Route 32 SW of Violet, I got stuck in an endless loop of running down the stairs towards patches of grass. Reloading game does not fix it. how do I go to a previous save?

reloading or restarting would work unless you saved on the stairs; there are issues with some stairs and i cant fix that; you cant recover past saves further than the last save.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2021
    the plate boost isn't higher here; butterfree is just op early one; im surprised you had issues with scyther and not lilligant however.

with that lab; you need to go north first or enter the cave and come back out to then heal
    just event issues at the start

double battles will be buggy; cant really change that without altering the entire battle system;
    my guess is that the game thinks their is no pokemon anymore or they are immune now; thus skipping attacks or pokeballs being unthrowable.

Scyther's speed was the reason I had trouble with it. That's the problem I always have with low-level scyther in gym battles. It tended to out-speed my Pokemon and hit them with a night slash or something to OHKO since my team was underleveled (~lv 12-16 vs lv 18 scyther). In any case, I'll keep that in mind for the event bug.

Edit: Got another random error message for you. This occurred when my Cleffa used Metronome and selected a move called 'Prickly Kaboom'.

PokeBattle_BattlerEffects:753:in `pbCanIncreaseStatStage?'
    PokeBattle_MoveEffects:1399:in `pbEffect'
    PokeBattle_Battler:4461:in `pbUseMove_ebs'
    PokeBattle_Battler:4460:in `logonerr'
    PokeBattle_Battler:4460:in `pbUseMove_ebs'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3951:in `pbUseMoveSimple'
    PokeBattle_MoveEffects:4996:in `pbEffect'
    PokeBattle_MoveEffects:4980:in `loop'
    PokeBattle_MoveEffects:5000:in `pbEffect'
    PokeBattle_MoveEffects:1824:in `pbShowAnimation'
    PokeBattle_MoveEffects:1597:in `pbEffect'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3781:in `pbProcessMoveAgainstTarget_ebs'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3737:in `each'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3737:in `pbProcessMoveAgainstTarget_ebs'
    EliteBattle_Battle:479:in `pbProcessMoveAgainstTarget'
    PokeBattle_Battler:4492:in `pbUseMove_ebs'
    PokeBattle_Battler:4472:in `loop'
    PokeBattle_Battler:4495:in `pbUseMove_ebs'

Oh, quick question: Why the heck is there a Bisharp on the 'evil team' trainer's team? That thing is way too strong for level 20s. Despite its inherent slowness, it will outspeed everything and OHKO it. I don't understand how one is expected to beat it if they can't even get a hit in. Oh, and can I just say that the Pokemon movesets in this game are seriously messed up? I get that you're going for 'unique', and you've certainly done that, but some of the moves this early Pokemon learn are really strong. - Zorua with Dark Pulse? It's a TM, that's a bit much for lowbies to face, but they're the 'evil team' of course they have beefed up Pokemon.
    - Butterfree with Air Cutter? Eh, Wing Attack is even slightly stronger and birds learn that fairly early.
    - Combee with Bug Buzz? Um. What? That's 2x the power of Air Cutter, a Base 90 move. There's a reason it's one of the go-to competitive special Bug-Type moves.
    - Bisharp in and of itself is a ridiculous foe. Being a fully evolved Pokemon it will pretty much shred anything it goes up against. Combine that with the Base Power 80 Iron Head and you've got a recipe for "let's beat up the protagonist with next to no chance to fight back!"

I'm sorry, but these things just keep adding up and it's very unclear what you are planning to do as far as Pokemon movesets go. Harder fights? Okay, but you don't need Bug Buzz and Iron Head for that. You certainly don't need stuff like Bisharp hanging around, who normally would evolve from Pawniard at level 52. Please. Please explain what your goal is. I'd truly like to know.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    Scyther's speed was the reason I had trouble with it. That's the problem I always have with low-level scyther in gym battles. It tended to out-speed my Pokemon and hit them with a night slash or something to OHKO since my team was underleveled (~lv 12-16 vs lv 18 scyther). In any case, I'll keep that in mind for the event bug.

Edit: Got another random error message for you. This occurred when my Cleffa used Metronome and selected a move called 'Prickly Kaboom'.

Oh, quick question: Why the heck is there a Bisharp on the 'evil team' trainer's team? That thing is way too strong for level 20s. Despite its inherent slowness, it will outspeed everything and OHKO it. I don't understand how one is expected to beat it if they can't even get a hit in. Oh, and can I just say that the Pokemon movesets in this game are seriously messed up? I get that you're going for 'unique', and you've certainly done that, but some of the moves this early Pokemon learn are really strong. - Zorua with Dark Pulse? It's a TM, that's a bit much for lowbies to face, but they're the 'evil team' of course they have beefed up Pokemon.
    - Butterfree with Air Cutter? Eh, Wing Attack is even slightly stronger and birds learn that fairly early.
    - Combee with Bug Buzz? Um. What? That's 2x the power of Air Cutter, a Base 90 move. There's a reason it's one of the go-to competitive special Bug-Type moves.
    - Bisharp in and of itself is a ridiculous foe. Being a fully evolved Pokemon it will pretty much shred anything it goes up against. Combine that with the Base Power 80 Iron Head and you've got a recipe for "let's beat up the protagonist with next to no chance to fight back!"

I'm sorry, but these things just keep adding up and it's very unclear what you are planning to do as far as Pokemon movesets go. Harder fights? Okay, but you don't need Bug Buzz and Iron Head for that. You certainly don't need stuff like Bisharp hanging around, who normally would evolve from Pawniard at level 52. Please. Please explain what your goal is. I'd truly like to know.

bug buzz is really only on weaker mons early on like butterfree and combee;

The bisharp hasn't been changed since release but may be revised and either devolved or changed.

Back