• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    I noticed, while playing Shiny Gold and on the glitch section of the first post, that you're using the Island maps for Johto. If it's possible, I'm not that knowledgeable in hacking ROMs, to use the Map I've made and is attached, go ahead.

I've also provided a map of Kanto connected to it for reference.

That looks awsome, hopefully if he wants to use that it will be in the next beta.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I noticed, while playing Shiny Gold and on the glitch section of the first post, that you're using the Island maps for Johto. If it's possible, I'm not that knowledgeable in hacking ROMs, to use the Map I've made and is attached, go ahead.

Those are great maps! Good job. Hopefully zel'll want to use them =D

It inspires me to make a region map...

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Zel do you delete the Unknown Dungeon(where you find Mewtwo) or not.

And the other place?

For now, there's nothing deleted from the places of Kanto (ehem... well, you all know about Route4, and Route10, ehehehe... :D). But yes, the Unknown Dungeon will still be there, and... even Mew2 is still there... but... Things won't be easy this time... :badsmile:

havin a lil problem.............. i was playing shiny gold , loaded the save file n realised it had changed my name from 'gold' to 'gol' im not sure why..... and didnt realy notice wen it happend, anyone else had this problem?

I have a good memory, and I remember another user that posted the same problem... Which is weird, by the way, because I've been playing a lot (however, since I use savestates too often I may not be the indicated to confirm anything), and I haven't had the problem.

How goes the work on the female trainer sprite? My little sister has been looking forward to playing this game - and she's picky about playing as a boy (whiney ass lol)

Tell her not to be annoyi... to keep her fingers crossed, I'll make sprites before releasing Beta4, that's for sure.

Zel there is a little tiny problem that doesnt really need to be taken care of and you might already know but if you are surfing in new bark town the thir part of the fence from the right is walkable.

Since I had changed tiles & palettes, I have remapped certain places and found a few problems with movement restrictions. So that has been fixed some time ago.

Nice maps. I still have to learn to deal with the map thing (That would include moving stuff, because it'd be cool if we could move the places, at least with hex, as Blazichu has been doing with his Gold hack)

Well, that's all I can say. I've reached Saffron, but it'll take some time, I've finished fixing the mapping there, but I need to reorganize the People/Scripts there. I may do it if I get a break tomorrow (a break from the assignment I have), but I'm sure it'll take more than one day, 'cause I want to add a few extra events there (specially at Silph)

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2010
    I just found out about this hack a few days ago, and I have to say it is amazing! Keep up the good work :)

antzmaster89

Upcoming Master
    Years
  • Wow ur doin really well on the game up to saffron which is wicked, i seriously cant wait till the full version comes out its gunna b a massive hit with all the pokemon fans and ppl that play it me being one of them, I think someone might have mentioned this though, There is a pikachu behind the house in new bark town and he says sumthing or rather any1 know wat it is saying? Anyways good luck wid da rest of the game Zel

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2015
    Thank you for the compliments.

Like I said, if you can figure out how to use it, go ahead, if not, then Oh well. It's still an awesome game either way. This just makes the Guide Gent look less senile.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Well, that's all I can say. I've reached Saffron, but it'll take some time, I've finished fixing the mapping there, but I need to reorganize the People/Scripts there. I may do it if I get a break tomorrow (a break from the assignment I have), but I'm sure it'll take more than one day, 'cause I want to add a few extra events there (specially at Silph)

Ah, Saffron. I'm glad you're adding more events. I recently played Crystal, and I got through all of Kanto in less than a day simply because there was so little to do. You work fast, too! Good job, I can't wait to hear from you again!

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2008
    zel can i use your tiles on page 81 for my own hack? i really liked them and i try to make a d/p look a like hack

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2008
    Hey Zel, I love your D/P tileset too. I wish you can give me your D/P tileset to make my new hack of "Pokemon Galaxy Another Mission". And I have played your hack. It is nice, beautiful and cool. But just one more thing, is, your gym leader spriters. It is not nice, why you don't use serebii.net Pokemon Manga Spriters? It is nice! If you don't have, maybe I can help you because I have serebii.net Pokemon Manga Special Spriters. You also can add me in MSN at [email protected] My english is "broken english" right? Because I'm malaysian of the chinese boy. Hope you are good luck for your hack. I can't wait to play your betav.4. C'ya!

-John Cheong Jan Fai-

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2007
    Im going to download this now or well as soon as i find out how....i need some simple way of learning how to make hacks work

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Im going to download this now or well as soon as i find out how....i need some simple way of learning how to make hacks work

Don't ask anyone, read the first post and you'll know how to.

zarithron

Still learning!
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2014
    i was in the cave by azalea town i think with team rocket and the slowpoke tail operation thing and i talked 2 this one team rocket chick and my screen went red i think this might be a glitch

Adventure-Chan

*~Have faith~*
    Years
  • Can't play Shiny Gold

I downloaded Shiny Gold but, it wouldn't work on my Visual Boy Advance (version 1.7.2 I think) Can you please tell me what's wrong? I am desprate!

P.S. I think the problem is that it's not a GBA file. Tell me if I am wrong.

rpgdude

Wobbuffet = GOD!
    Years
  • If you have the right ROM then all you have to do is patch using LIPS or a program like that.

Anyway, this hack looks sick, I was playing it for a bit an loved it. Really brought back some memories.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I downloaded Shiny Gold but, it wouldn't work on my Visual Boy Advance (version 1.7.2 I think) Can you please tell me what's wrong? I am desprate!

P.S. I think the problem is that it's not a GBA file. Tell me if I am wrong.

That's why they make [Important] threads to answer your questions so you don't have to ask them where it would be counting as spam.

Read this thread before asking any questions!!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back