• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Special/Adventures Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
  • Feebas doesn't say 'Feebas' when speaking, but 'Miiimiiiiiii'. So when Ruby's Feebas popped out while him and his father were falling and went "miimi?!", Ruby came up with the name for it.

It's the same thing as he did with Zuzu, when Zuzu made that sound because of his nose (I think.)

Actually, though Idk the case with Mimi, Nana, Popo, Zuzu, Coco, and Ruru's names are all derived from their Japanese names. Mizugorou, Pochiena, Eneco, Rarutos, and Powarun. And Milotic is Mirokarosu, which fits perfectly~

Oh, and as of now I own the rerelease. And yes, the name switch does suck; I'm gonna love to see what they do w/ LG/FR IF they ever get that far

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    -nod- But in the case of English, for Mimi and Zuzu it's probably the sound that they made at that time.

That makes so much sense for Nana, Coco, Popo, and Ruru though. :3 Never got the reason for those name through english.

Clover Cat

Child of Gold and Crystal
    Years
  • BinaryPeaches said:
    I don't think it's laziness. I mean... Poliwrath is longer than Poli, so I can't see how it's laziness.
    Oh, I think I caused another misunderstanding...That's what I meant in my previous post. So yeah, maybe it wasn't laziness, but it's still stupid how they can't bother writing 'Poli' compared to 'Poliwrath' if it really is 5 letter shorter. And seeing this is all typed up anyway...
    BinaryPeaches said:
    I don't think any of the nicknames are stupid. ;_; I totally think they should have kept Red Pokemon's nicknames, but I can see why they would leave them out. Leaving out nicknames like 'Explotaro' and such will be completely stupid though. And Gold's and Ruby's (and Crystal's) Nicknames for their pokemon have something to do with the story, because there are parts when they name their pokemon.
    I really want to see what they put for these little 'plot nicknames'.XD Those little moments must have taken up at least several panels. What are they going to do, edit it out or something? Same goes for Red and Green's (guy) names. FireRed and LeafBlue? LOL.XD

Yeah, Zuzu's name came from his nose. He always had a runny nose as a Mudkip, and the sound he made was what made Ruby give him that nickname.
    TheViolentTomboy said:
    Kitty. Where the HELL did THAT come from? Who names a caterpillar KITTY?!
    Well, it's Yellow. She doesn't like battles, remember?:D It's funny, seeing as how the earliest cat pokemon wasn't introduced until R/S, but she names it 'Kitty'. What bugged me was I thought she was still guy back then, but ''he'' named him Kitty...:3

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Oh, I think I caused another misunderstanding...That's what I meant in my previous post. So yeah, maybe it wasn't laziness, but it's still stupid how they can't bother writing 'Poli' compared to 'Poliwrath' if it really is 5 letter shorter. And seeing this is all typed up anyway...
    -nod- It would have been much easier for them to simply just put 'Poli' and 'Saur', rather than 'Bulbasaur/Ivysaur/Venusaur' and 'Poliwhirl/Poliwrath'.

seeing as how the earliest cat pokemon wasn't introduced until R/S
    ..... Meowth I would think is a Cat pokemon. XD;;;

Clover Cat

Years
  • BinaryPeaches said:
    ..... Meowth I would think is a Cat pokemon. XD;;;
    Dangit! I knew someone would contradict me!XD Yeah, but still...I've never really counted Meowth as a Cat pokemon because of that anime...

Years
  • Well, if they changed al that, you know what that means right? I have a feeling we wont be getting past the Yellow arc...again. And...I'm still trying to get why they changed Green and Blue's names around....O.o Seriously, WTF?

chamo-chan

Plush maker :U
    Years
  • I read Volume 1, and while I'm happy, there's still a few ticks.

1. The Green/Blue name thing is still switched.
    2. The bad pun-based chapter titles.
    3. No nicknames. Honestly, doesn't anybody on Viz actual READ the manga ahead of time before translating? Nicknames are pretty important to the storyline...back then, Pika's the only one who kept its nickname, but only in the Yellow arc...that'd be kind of confusing later on...jeez, can't they fix the mistakes they made 10 years ago?

Well, the good thing:

1. It's about 5 bucks from the original price.
    2. Right to left.
    3. I love Bill's accent.
    The only thing that matters to me is that they re-released it. :3
    And I don't think the name switch will ever be fixed tbh...
    But I think in Vol. 2 or 3, they do mention nicknames for Red's Pokemon.

I don't think it's laziness. I mean... Poliwrath is longer than Poli, so I can't see how it's laziness.
    I don't think any of the nicknames are stupid. ;_; I totally think they should have kept Red Pokemon's nicknames, but I can see why they would leave them out. Leaving out nicknames like 'Explotaro' and such will be completely stupid though. And Gold's and Ruby's (and Crystal's) Nicknames for their pokemon have something to do with the story, because there are parts when they name their pokemon.

Heck.. a whole beginning part of Crystal's and her mom's conversation is 'What did you name this one? Does it end in 'ee' like the rest of them?' 'No.. I named him 'Mega' because he has 'Mega' Courage'"

And the reason why they probably kept them switched is because there's still the whole thing with us having Red/Blue here, and not Red/Green.

I wonder what they're going to have to do when they get to the FireRed/LeafGreen arc (if they do), since they kept the names switched as that.

Feebas doesn't say 'Feebas' when speaking, but 'Miiimiiiiiii'. So when Ruby's Feebas popped out while him and his father were falling and went "miimi?!", Ruby came up with the name for it.

It's the same thing as he did with Zuzu, when Zuzu made that sound because of his nose (I think.)

I'll have to reread that one part, though.

err... if any of this is spoilerish, tell me. XD; -didn't want to spoiler tag everything sooo....-

I actually think it's quite cute. :3;; KITTYYYYYYY~ -shot- It's like name a Dog 'Kitty'. :P
    I don't mind any of the nicknames either.
    :3 some of them are cute, like Kitty.
    <3

And wow, long nickname post. :3

Actually, though Idk the case with Mimi, Nana, Popo, Zuzu, Coco, and Ruru's names are all derived from their Japanese names. Mizugorou, Pochiena, Eneco, Rarutos, and Powarun. And Milotic is Mirokarosu, which fits perfectly~

Oh, and as of now I own the rerelease. And yes, the name switch does suck; I'm gonna love to see what they do w/ LG/FR IF they ever get that far
    Oh, cool, thanks for the info Zu.

Well, if they changed al that, you know what that means right? I have a feeling we wont be getting past the Yellow arc...again. And...I'm still trying to get why they changed Green and Blue's names around....O.o Seriously, WTF?

......There's a reason for why the names are switched.
    Since I"m to lazy to explain, I'll just post THIS. (look at question 6.) It's an old post, but it answers some things.

I don't like it when people complain about this sort of stuff...
    It annoys me too, but I hate complaining.

and, I STILL have hope that they will go beyond Vol. 7 :3

Gelly

Don't eat me!
    Years
  • HEY ^^ Long time no see!

I have... (check spoilers XD)

Ok, i've done this one, it's stupid and that's why i love it ^^
    Spoiler:

Yaoi :3
    Spoiler:

Years
  • HEY ^^ Long time no see!

Spoiler:
    Lol...this is hilarious. x3
    Spoiler:
    Whoo~ Yaoi~ <3
    The last one kinda gets to me...xD
    Not in such a bad way...Red always looks kinda feminine~

Clover Cat

Years
  • Great comic, Gelly! I wish I could tell what they were saying, though.^^;

And yaoi fanart!XD Red looks adorable.^^

chamo-chan said:
    ......There's a reason for why the names are switched.
    Since I"m to lazy to explain, I'll just post THIS. (look at question 6.) It's an old post, but it answers some things.
    Yeah, I know that's why they were switched, but that still doesn't change the fact that they could have just as easily switched the names back to the original. And again, I can't wait to see what they try to do for the FR/LG arc...but then again, they may just not get that far.>.> All this talk about the comic has made me interested, so I may get my hands on a copy somewhere...

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2011
    Yah, I couldn't resist. New theme = Guriburu~! <3

HEY ^^ Long time no see!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Haha, funny comic. I wouldn't put it past Red. Okay, not that I think he'd go as far as undergoing a sex change... but the mistake he made is typically Red. XD (And we love him for it, don't we? ^.^)

At the fan art: GreenxRed... about the only shipping I really don't like. I really can't see them as anything different than just friends. So the fan art creeps me out a bit ;.; PreciousMetal is ok though in my books.

If the Pokespe Holders were to be transformed into pokemon, what do you think they would be?
    Yes, that topic's done before. Don't feel like answering it again, except

Green: the best Pokemon there is. Ehm. Which is what? XD;
    Blue: fluffy Jigglypuf. A harmless outside, but oh so sneaky of the inside!

Did you buy a copy of Viz's re-release of Pokemon Adventures?
    It would be a bit pointless ordering everything again. Although it's awsome that it reads from right to left... wish I could my old ones for the new ones, lol. But I like the old covers better. So it's not that bad. ^^
    Too bad they didn't change Blue and Green :/ I can't stand that name change.

@ RubyJB:
    Spoiler:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Awww, how cute is Summer Children? Well, Red and Green looked kinda creepy. :3 Silver and Gold were like...all up in the background...

If the Pokespe Holders were to be transformed into pokemon, what do you think they would be?

Erm umm bluhhh what...

Red: Pika, pika!!
    Green: Umbreon
    Blue: Lopunny ;D
    Yellow: Pika pika! Again!
    Gold: Buneary...to spy on Lopunny.
    Silver: Absol
    Crystal: lolmagikarp
    Ruby: ...Gorebyss.
    Sapphire: Huntail! >3
    Wally: adorable Gallade in a respirator...?
    Emerald: Wailord. O_O
    Dia: Munchlax
    Pearl: Aipom!
    Platina: ...Persian.

And Snoaz, I know how you feel about too much yaoi. I'm actually a bit particular about seeing any, or supporting any of the male/male pairings. If they look kind of creepy together, then it just doesn't work for me...like Red and Green. Never really liked PalletShipping too much. PreciousMetal, however, works for me. So does Poli, FeralSoul, and I keep thinking there's something else...but I might be wrong...? Anyway, just my input on that. Don't overload Silver with yoai...she might explode. ._.

And I love that sex change comic. Holy smacks. :'D So now that we've discussed yoai, lets move on to yuri!

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • Snoaz, you get the best OldRival themes. :)

Spoiler:

SilverSmeargleSplatter said:
    I'm actually a bit particular about seeing any, or supporting any of the male/male pairings. If they look kind of creepy together, then it just doesn't work for me...like Red and Green. Never really liked PalletShipping too much. PreciousMetal, however, works for me.

Ah, MangaPallet. That one scene in FRLG revived that for a little bit. XD

Tennis_Lion818

Gold Fan!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2010
    Wow! I don't visit this place for one day and we've got a new topic. Woo! Or at least I think its a new topic. Anyways...
    Red: Pika
    Green:Some really awesome pokemon
    Blue: Jigglypuff
    Yellow: Pika
    Gold: Pichu
    Silver: Some very secretive pokemon
    Crystal: No idea
    Ruby: The cutest pokemon ever
    Sapphire:No idea there.
    And I'm still reading the FRLG arc so I don't know what else after that.

Years
  • If the Pokespe Holders were to be transformed into pokemon, what do you think they would be?

Red: Either Bulbasaur, Poliwag, or Pikachu
    Green: Charmander o.o
    Blue: Loppuny Jigglypuff
    Yellow: Pikachu, defiantly
    Gold: Aipom It would make peeping at the hotsprings oh so much easier
    Silver: Sneseal
    Crystal:...not sure...Chickorita, maybe?
    Ruby: Mudkip
    Sapphire: Torchic
    Emerald: Treeko
    Dia: MUNCHLAX.
    Pearl: Either Chimchar or Chatot
    Platinia: Ponyta, maybe Piplup.

If you picked up on my formula there, you win a cookie :D And yes, I am very creative ._.

Also, a random thought- I'm doing the PokeSpe dub...but what about....
    POKEMON SPECIAL ABRIDGED???? O_O
    *DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUUN*

Clover Cat

Years
  • Oooh, me wants a cookie!! Is it...their starters? :D

redjacketalchemis said:
    Also, a random thought- I'm doing the PokeSpe dub...but what about....
    POKEMON SPECIAL ABRIDGED???? O_O
    *DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUUN*
    Or you could just call it Pokemon Special. Lol. XD Better than my idea, which would have been something like, "Pokemon Epicness" :P I fail at naming...

Years
  • Oooh, me wants a cookie!! Is it...their starters? :D

Or you could just call it Pokemon Special. Lol. XD Better than my idea, which would have been something like, "Pokemon Epicness" :P I fail at naming...

Close enough. *hands you a cookie*
    I did put some thought into Blue and Dia...although Dia is kind of obvious even if I didn't do that XD
    And by Pokemon Special Abridged, I mean an Abridged Series...like, Naruto Abridged, Yu Gi Oh Abridged, Dragon Ball Z Abridged stuff like that(if you have no idea what this is, you're missing out and must REMEDY THIS PROBLEM AT ONCE! Youtube it). Alter the text, add voice overs, and we all enjoy lulz. That's not a proposed title for the dub :P

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Pokemon Special Abridged sounds like when I was looking through the detailed bios on Serebii and made rude and/or funny comments about them, yet still slightly protaining to the story itself.

ie. Karen on the bottom of Blue's Moltres.

Blue: Aiyeee!! Karen! What are you doing?!
    Karen: I'm going to marry your Moltres and we're gonna have babies!!

Edit: You used Pokemon that they obtained first, or somewhere first. Their beginning stage, at least.

TheViolentTomboy

I'll hit you with this thing
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2010
    A manga abridged series? That'd be interesting...all the text would probably have to be removed first...

"Hi, I'm Red, just your typical shonen main character. You know, starts off with thinking he's on top of the world, dreams and friendship will overcome all, and yatta yatta yatta. And before you ask, don't worry. It'll eventually be clear that I'm just so much more awesome than Ash is."

Hey RedJ, are you going to be using nicknames for your audio?

Clover Cat

Years
  • Close enough. *hands you a cookie*
    I did put some thought into Blue and Dia...although Dia is kind of obvious even if I didn't do that XD
    And by Pokemon Special Abridged, I mean an Abridged Series...like, Naruto Abridged, Yu Gi Oh Abridged, Dragon Ball Z Abridged stuff like that(if you have no idea what this is, you're missing out and must REMEDY THIS PROBLEM AT ONCE! Youtube it). Alter the text, add voice overs, and we all enjoy lulz. That's not a proposed title for the dub :P
    I TOTALLY KNEW THAT!! Lol. XD I should change my username to something like 'The Confuser', the amount of misunderstandings I make and cause...^^;

But that would be funny. :D Although maybe the fangirls wouldn't be too happy...*shudders* And I will look that up, thanks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back