• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Special/Adventures Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    SO MANY SPOILERS.... must not... must not cl- *clicks all of them*

Ah. Exciting :3

Also, Rilence's idea is very good. Do so :>

Wait... does vol 34 include HG/SS things? :OOOOOOOOOOOOO

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    No...

but,

Spoiler:

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    No...

but,

Spoiler:

Haha, you didn't have to put that in spoilers, did you? ^^

I refuse! Since I don't want anything to not make sense...

System!

HM....................... .....
    Years
  • Basically anything that hasn't been translated by Viz/Chuang Yi has to be in spoilers. I'm pretty sure that's what Chamo (yanno, one of the the co-owners) said.

Here's some more piccies for this month. Don't want to be spoiled, don't click.

Spoiler:

chamo-chan

Plush maker :U
    Years
  • Ok. I'm back for real.
    ;; And I want to apologize for a few days ago. For my slight outrage, and my apparent memory loss. Sorry System. ^^;;

(dang, I was gonna post the new pics...oh well..)

Spoiler:

....I think that's it.

EDIT: I have another topic. It's half related to PokeSpecial, and half related to something else..

Since you read Pokemon Special/Adventures, do you/will you/have you read any other pokemon manga?
    I'm thinking of Reading Pokemon DP Adventure.
    Someone I know is into it, and it looks interesting, especially Hareta (the main character). He is like Sapphire, except he's a boy.

Last edited:

System!

HM....................... .....
    Years
  • It's all right, chamo. Maybe being away got you agitated. i should know, going on vacation sucks the life out of me sometimes I hope your trip turned out well. :]

Spoiler:

Since you read Pokemon Special/Adventures, do you/will you/have you read any other pokemon manga?

If anyone hasn't read DPA!, read it. Like Special, DPA! has its own special way of telling the game's storyline. It does have its comedic moments (there's a scene where the main character BITES a Galactic Grunt. on the butt.), but it has time to be serious, also. Hareta's pretty much a male Sapphire, just as Chamo said. He is your typical shounen hero (w/ the messianic qualities and such), but it's fun to see what he'll do next (in my opinion, anyway). The Dawn expy Mistumi proves to be an interesting character as well (I won't spoil). I have to say the the Gym Leaders don't get a lot of action, unfortunately.
    Some people are divided over the art, but I personally like it. It gets more polished in later volumes, so don't worry.
    And Cyrus in this manga deserves the award for the creepiest villain. Seriously, he outbeats Spe!Cyrus in terms of creepy. And Spe!Cyrus is pretty creepy.

I've read the first four chapters of Magical Pokemon Journey, but they were in Spanish. It's a typical slice-of-life manga in the shoujo genre. It's basically this premise: what do non-trainers do in the pokemon world? It's a pretty cute manga with cute art.

I've read only the first few chapters of the Electric Tale of Pikachu. AKA first series of Pokemon in manga form. I can't seem to find it on the internet, but based on what other people tell me, it's a good manga and sometimes outshines the anime itself in terms of storytelling. Though I'm told the few gym battles are horribly rushed or outright skipped. The art is done by Toshihiro Ono, and he does a fantastic job of the art. His one flaw (for me; it's Fetish Fuel for other fellows) is that his women are well-endowed. I mean, fire-torpedos well-endowed. I mean, Viz has more of a reason for censoring this than Blue's PokeBewbz.

Pokemon Zensho is a literal adaptation of the original RBG games. I mean, it takes almost all the the events (ex. Warden's missing teeth) and tries to pack it into one little volume. The art is very simple, so YMMV (I thought it was cute...). Like EToP, it has the tendency to breeze over battles. It's So Okay It's Average.

I wish to read the Pocket Monsters manga, aka That Scary Clefairy manga. It's gag-based, so it probably won't appeal to a large audience. It's a very popular manga in Japan, and virtually unknown outside of it. Apparently the jokes are more exclusive to the Japanese, or so I read. It's Toriyama-esque, a la Dr. Slump, so I don't know if people around here would enjoy it.

Last edited:

chamo-chan

Years
  • It's all right, chamo. Maybe being away got you agitated. i should know, going on vacation sucks the life out of me sometimes I hope your trip turned out well. :]

Spoiler:

If anyone hasn't read DPA!, read it. Like Special, DPA! has its own special way of telling the game's storyline. It does have its comedic moments (there's a scene where the main character BITES a Galactic Grunt. on the butt.), but it has time to be serious, also. Hareta's pretty much a male Sapphire, just as Chamo said. He is your typical shounen hero (w/ the messianic qualities and such), but it's fun to see what he'll do next (in my opinion, anyway). The Dawn expy Mistumi proves to be an interesting character as well (I won't spoil). I have to say the the Gym Leaders don't get a lot of action, unfortunately.
    Some people are divided over the art, but I personally like it. It gets more polished in later volumes, so don't worry.
    And Cyrus in this manga deserves the award for the creepiest villain. Seriously, he outbeats Spe!Cyrus in terms of creepy. And Spe!Cyrus is pretty creepy.

I've read the first four chapters of Magical Pokemon Journey, but they were in Spanish. It's a typical slice-of-life manga in the shoujo genre. It's basically this premise: what do non-trainers do in the pokemon world? It's a pretty cute manga with cute art.

I've read only the first few chapters of the Electric Tale of Pikachu. AKA first series of Pokemon in manga form. I can't seem to find it on the internet, but based on what other people tell me, it's a good manga and sometimes outshines the anime itself in terms of storytelling. Though I'm told the few gym battles are horribly rushed or outright skipped. The art is done by Toshihiro Ono, and he does a fantastic job of the art. His one flaw (for me; it's Fetish Fuel for other fellows) is that his women are well-endowed. I mean, fire-torpedos well-endowed. I mean, Viz has more of a reason for censoring this than Blue's PokeBewbz.

Pokemon Zensho is a literal adaptation of the original RBG games. I mean, it takes almost all the the events (ex. Warden's missing teeth) and tries to pack it into one little volume. The art is very simple, so YMMV (I thought it was cute...). Like EToP, it has the tendency to breeze over battles. It's So Okay It's Average.

I wish to read the Pocket Monsters manga, aka That Scary Clefairy manga. It's gag-based, so it probably won't appeal to a large audience. It's a very popular manga in Japan, and virtually unknown outside of it. Apparently the jokes are more exclusive to the Japanese, or so I read. It's Toriyama-esque, a la Dr. Slump, so I don't know if people around here would enjoy it.

oAo wow System, you have a really good Pokemon Manga listing.
    *applauds*

;w; I need to read DPA! Soon. I've only read a few pages of it, and it already caught my attention. (Yeah, art is kinda wonky at first, but it's still pretty neat)

;w; I"m considering shipping Hareta and Sapphire because of their similarites *shot*

But first, just an FYI to everyone, I think Vol. 7 of Viz's Pokemon Adventures is out now.

*needs to go to the bookstore*
    ANd to those who can't find it, look in the kiddie section of the store. It will more likely be there.
    Or ask the a book store worker.

Ibuberu

prepare yourself pls
    Years
  • Hello everyone! Just dropping in to check out the club since I haven't been active here that much. Chuang Yi's just released volume 33 of Pokespe in Singapore and the chapters are as fabulous as always.

I've read the Electric Tale of Pikachu, which follows the.. anime storyline(?), if I remember correctly. It does outshine the anime in storytelling, seriously (: Like System said, there's quite a generous amount of fanservice, as well as blood and violence, so I suppose its aimed for an older-guy-audience. I found parts of the comic really comedic though and the art was pretty crisp and incredibly detailed in comparison to the usual style we see in Pokespe, and it isn't long, about 5 volumes only. I think I've got all 5, though overshadowed by my Pokespe collection. Gosh, I remember when I was younger I used to reread it all the time because there was actually romance being implied, and there were really dramatic/emotionally charged scenes (like Sabrina getting her soul eaten by a rampaging, evil Haunter), as were there funny scenes. Talking about it now really makes me feel nostalgic, do check it out - its a very different read from Pokespe.

Magical Pokemon Journey was another childhood manga of mine, they've stopped translating the manga over here though, so I haven't gotten a chance to read the last 2/3 volumes. I loved Hazel, Coconut and their grrrr-ship with one another, Almond was so cute (but Peanut is my favourite, he's kind of like Wally), and the Pokemon being able to talk was a hugely unique factor of the manga. I loved the romance and the comedy, and the manga is so powerful like that. How else can one be persuaded to think that an Arbok and Wigglytuff/Machamp and Vaporeon can be a romantic coupling? Only in MPJ, haha. Like System said, its a shojo, so maybe that's why I liked it so much.

But outside of that, I've really just read Pokespe for nearly the last decade (Has it really been that long? I think so), great stuff.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I've read the Pokemon Ranger Batonnage manga on mangafox....dunno....it didn't have the same appeal to me as PokeSpec.

Spoiler:

EDIT:

However, I doubt half of us can read it when it's translated anyway, unless you guys know some others sites, because on mangafox it says "the series Pokemon Adventures is licensed, it is not available to MangaFox", which basically means they've just removed all that massive collection off their site!

I know it's good, but I don't think I'll manage with just RGBY sagas on onemanga...will you guys? or are there other sites?

Last edited:

chamo-chan

Years
  • Hello everyone! Just dropping in to check out the club since I haven't been active here that much. Chuang Yi's just released volume 33 of Pokespe in Singapore and the chapters are as fabulous as always.

I've read the Electric Tale of Pikachu, which follows the.. anime storyline(?), if I remember correctly. It does outshine the anime in storytelling, seriously (: Like System said, there's quite a generous amount of fanservice, as well as blood and violence, so I suppose its aimed for an older-guy-audience. I found parts of the comic really comedic though and the art was pretty crisp and incredibly detailed in comparison to the usual style we see in Pokespe, and it isn't long, about 5 volumes only. I think I've got all 5, though overshadowed by my Pokespe collection. Gosh, I remember when I was younger I used to reread it all the time because there was actually romance being implied, and there were really dramatic/emotionally charged scenes (like Sabrina getting her soul eaten by a rampaging, evil Haunter), as were there funny scenes. Talking about it now really makes me feel nostalgic, do check it out - its a very different read from Pokespe.

Magical Pokemon Journey was another childhood manga of mine, they've stopped translating the manga over here though, so I haven't gotten a chance to read the last 2/3 volumes. I loved Hazel, Coconut and their grrrr-ship with one another, Almond was so cute (but Peanut is my favourite, he's kind of like Wally), and the Pokemon being able to talk was a hugely unique factor of the manga. I loved the romance and the comedy, and the manga is so powerful like that. How else can one be persuaded to think that an Arbok and Wigglytuff/Machamp and Vaporeon can be a romantic coupling? Only in MPJ, haha. Like System said, its a shojo, so maybe that's why I liked it so much.

But outside of that, I've really just read Pokespe for nearly the last decade (Has it really been that long? I think so), great stuff.
    The Magical Pokemon Journey Manga sounds interesting too.

I think my sister read it before, but I'm not sure...

I've read the Pokemon Ranger Batonnage manga on mangafox....dunno....it didn't have the same appeal to me as PokeSpec.

Spoiler:

EDIT:

However, I doubt half of us can read it when it's translated anyway, unless you guys know some others sites, because on mangafox it says "the series Pokemon Adventures is licensed, it is not available to MangaFox", which basically means they've just removed all that massive collection off their site!

I know it's good, but I don't think I'll manage with just RGBY sagas on onemanga...will you guys? or are there other sites?

I'm not a big fan of Pokemon Ranger, so I haven't read that manga yet...

Spoiler:

Wow, really? It was removed from MangaFox? oAo; wow.
    Erm.
    As much as the internet is where pretty much everyone reads the manga, I still encourage people to actually get the manga (even if it means dealing with VIZ's...unpopular translations).

*but if you really want to read it somewhere, I have a link, but PM me if you want it..*

chamo-chan

Years
  • @stilletto: That has already been covered. There was no need to actually make a post about it.
    Like I said before, it's better to actually buy the manga than reading it online.
    Also, I'm iffy about posting links to manga sites, because I don't want the club to turn into a place where people keep asking where to read it.
    So, may I ask that you remove that link?

I have no problem with sharing the link, however. Just not here. oo;;

And to make this post less off topic, does anyone have a club activity to suggest? Things seem to have slowed down here.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • Spoiler:

chamo-chan said:
    I'm not a big fan of Pokemon Ranger, so I haven't read that manga yet...

It's pretty good. I was hoping they'd tie in the ends of that story with the actual manga.

Well, I'm off to California for the next seven days. See you all later!

Years
  • Since you read Pokemon Special/Adventures, do you/will you/have you read any other pokemon manga?

I've only read pokespe and pokemon ranger. Part of the reason is that in general, I'm just not as into manga as I am into anime (this applies to other shows too, not just pkmn). But the other reason is that they don't sell manga here in English so I have to rely on scans, so I only read manga I can find scans of. It's kinda ironic actually that I can't read manga in my first language xD

did mangafox really remove their pokespe scans? that sucks for me since that's where I read it D:

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Yeah...they removed it...

...what country are you in? I'm guessing it's Europe, Mexico, or Africa????(Sorry if I offend you, I just try to think of places where they'll speak English and their first language).

In England we don't even have manga.....let alone in English....

Also, Viz, etc. take ages to scan manga, right? I think they've missed a big opportunity here.....track down the "scanlators" who can scan mangas in days, unlike Viz, who take years, and recruit them! xD

But seriously, people shoulda seen this happening eventually after DragonGuard were told to stop scanlating....shame, they were the best in my opinion....

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Pokespe is taken away from Mangafox? Pity. That was the only place I knew to read it on.

I know it's better to buy the real books, chamo, but they don't sell them here ;/ and definately not in my toungue.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Lol.

Most things tend to be sold in shops or on Amazon/Ebay...not on people's tongues xD

(I know what you mean though).

Spoiler:

Btw, you using the new theme, Chibs?? (I'm gonna call you that coz you have a long username)..
    Coz it has a Chiramii on it. Actually, two.

Last edited:

red king

The Sky Of Your World
    Years
  • well like any other fan buying the volumes is great but why buy when you have it for free.I can just download the new chapter instead of buying the volumes so is no biggie for the KING.

chamo-chan

Years
  • In England we don't even have manga.....let alone in English....

Also, Viz, etc. take ages to scan manga, right? I think they've missed a big opportunity here.....track down the "scanlators" who can scan mangas in days, unlike Viz, who take years, and recruit them! xD

But seriously, people shoulda seen this happening eventually after DragonGuard were told to stop scanlating....shame, they were the best in my opinion....

Spoiler:
    I know that Viz takes forever to translated (at their release dates being one volume every 2 months, it will take them a while to reach the current volumes), but Chuang Yi is equally slow.
    But, I must have patience. besides, someone on serebii gives brief summaries of the manga, so that' still pretty good.

Spoiler:

Pokespe is taken away from Mangafox? Pity. That was the only place I knew to read it on.

I know it's better to buy the real books, chamo, but they don't sell them here ;/ and definately not in my toungue.
    It's ok.
    I already know about some of the official translations in other countries.
    Just go ask Valentine Umbreon.
    She lives in Germany, and she saw the German translation for it.
    they called Red "Ash"... that is blasphemy! *shot again*

Spoiler:

Btw, you using the new theme, Chibs?? (I'm gonna call you that coz you have a long username)..
    Coz it has a Chiramii on it. Actually, two.
    I can't see the image... NVM I see it now.
    That is an epic scene.
    o3o
    Spoiler:

well like any other fan buying the volumes is great but why buy when you have it for free.I can just download the new chapter instead of buying the volumes so is no biggie for the KING.
    =3= *pats* are the scanlations in Spanish?

Also, I'm bringing the caption contest back, so keep eyes peeled.

..if you guys wonder where I will get the pages to actually find a caption pic, a friend shared a few scanlated pages of Pokespecial.
    ...in Spanish.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Woo! Captions!

How's this for my previously posted pic???

Agatha: Show-off
    Scyther: Golduck! Drop 'im! it'll be funny!
    Green: If she falls for this, she'll fall for anything :)
    Bozz: *faints because of the awesome*

Or:

Chuck Norris: Chuck Norris approves.

Years
  • Yeah...they removed it...

...what country are you in? I'm guessing it's Europe, Mexico, or Africa????(Sorry if I offend you, I just try to think of places where they'll speak English and their first language).

In England we don't even have manga.....let alone in English....

haha don't worry I'm not offended xD
    I'm from Taiwan, we get a lot of Japanese stuff since we're close to Japan so manga is sold here both in Japanese and Chinese

here's another question about pokespe translations: is there a big difference between Chuang Yi's and Viz's translations? (the content itself, not the left-right/right-left format or chapter titles)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back