• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Special/Adventures Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Spoiler:

Mileyangel

Inuyasha Fan
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Wow... was that a rant...?

shadowmoon

The Fresh Snow Trainer
    Years
  • Spoiler:

sorry for the rant. pokemon special is my favorite manga. i don't want to see it "go down the drain"

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Guys..let's look on the bright side of this, shall we?

Think about it...if Viz ever starts working as fast as the guys in Japan are....the only problem with getting English PokeSpe will be affording it! (Rather than already owning all 8 volumes, and waiting until 2011)

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • Spoiler:

chanchimi

With a Side of Cheddar
    Years
  • Spoiler:

I agree with you. They seem to be pushing everything quickly to get to B/W. I personally thought it would take until at least a month longer for the B/W arc to appear. I also really hope that the older characters don't become forgotten. R/G/B/Y were my favorites.

Clover Cat

Child of Gold and Crystal
    Years
  • Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

I sure hope that's setting up Jasmine and Volkner. I can't see her and Morty together.

Yay, a fellow Jasmine/Volkner shipper! 8D

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Amore said:
    Guys..let's look on the bright side of this, shall we?

Think about it...if Viz ever starts working as fast as the guys in Japan are....the only problem with getting English PokeSpe will be affording it! (Rather than already owning all 8 volumes, and waiting until 2011)
    I really hope this doesn't sound offensive, but...how is this supposed to be better, exactly? It isn't an insult, I'm just confused on how you got this.

chanchimi said:
    I agree with you. They seem to be pushing everything quickly to get to B/W. I personally thought it would take until at least a month longer for the B/W arc to appear. I also really hope that the older characters don't become forgotten. R/G/B/Y were my favorites.
    I read somewhere that BW scored the first 10 out of 10 on the Famitsu game review or something for Pokemon. It probably has more to do with popularity of the new generation than anything else, which really, really sucks. Not that I'm trying to hate on Gen V, but if it means demoting characters...:/

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Uhhh...I was basically having a dig at Viz being slow translators, and saying that it'd be brilliant if they worked at the pace Yamamoto and co. are working at on the new volumes, because then we'd get more PokeSpe to read for ourselves! (Rather than relying on Coronis, who may be brilliant at describing the manga, but can't substitute actually being able to see all the panels)

chanchimi

With a Side of Cheddar
    Years
  • Uhhh...I was basically having a dig at Viz being slow translators, and saying that it'd be brilliant if they worked at the pace Yamamoto and co. are working at on the new volumes, because then we'd get more PokeSpe to read for ourselves! (Rather than relying on Coronis, who may be brilliant at describing the manga, but can't substitute actually being able to see all the panels)

That's true! Ha ha! If Viz was working as fast, we'd have so many more volumes! I mean, I have the Chuang Yi versions, but that'd be great for everyone else! =D

Spoiler:

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • clover cat said:
    Togetic isn't really that useful. It has low HP and low defense, which it makes up for when it evolves into Togekiss.

Not if you teach it Fly. ;). Still upset that you can't acquire Togekiss until after National Dex

I read somewhere that BW scored the first 10 out of 10 on the Famitsu game review or something for Pokemon.

Famitsu's not a reliable source--they always give the highest scores to Pokemon games--happened with every generation and its remakes.

Spoiler:

The Dream

I know I let you down...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    Spoiler:

red king

The Sky Of Your World
    Years
  • Spoiler:

shadowmoon

The Fresh Snow Trainer
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
    Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Man have I not spoken up in a while. Time to add my whole two cents on this stuff.

Spoiler:

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • Spoiler:

chamo-chan

Plush maker :U
    Years
  • Guys..let's look on the bright side of this, shall we?

True.

This may give a chance for VIZ to catch up with translations ^u^

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Umm...Dream. I have to call you out on something JB already pointed out.
    Your tone of voice in all this is a bit vulgar and rude.
    Please don't come off as rude in your posts. Thanks.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

==;;; why do you have to start of with something weird like that?
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Alright.

I think it's safe to say we should probably drop this conversation before you guys are at each others necks. (I sense tension...)

(you can discuss the plot itself, but it might be a good idea to stop talking about where the manga is headed and stuff.)

chanchimi

With a Side of Cheddar
    Years
  • Hmm, I think you are right, Chamo-Chan! This is getting a bit out of hand....

Maybe we need a new topic? Let's see.... (Thinks of one that hasn't been done before.)

I've got nothing. I felt like I had an idea, but then it vanished. Any ideas?

The Dream

I know I let you down...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    Spoiler:

chamo-chan

Plush maker :U
    Years
  • Spoiler:
    Thank you for apologizing. ^u^

Spoiler:

Oh, btw, heads up.

VIZ's translation of Pokemon Adventures Vol. 9 is in stores now~
    Unfortunately, I'm so for away from a Barnes and Noble, so...I can't really fill you in on anything.

btw, new topic.

Is there any particular aspect of one or more of the dexholders you want to see? (please exclude shippings. Be creative people!)

Well, for me, I would like to see Green's supposed powers in Martial arts.
    Seriously, he was training with Chuck. Shouldn't he know alot of cool karate and kung-fu stuff?
    (I know in the GSC arc, in one particular panel, he was kicking someone, but it was off screen. )
    ;3;

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back