• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Special/Adventures Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

chanchimi

With a Side of Cheddar
    Years
    Ah, new topic! Thank you, Chamo-chan!

Is there any particular aspect of one or more of the dexholders you want to see? (please exclude shippings. Be creative people!)

I'm not too sure. You know, it might be interesting if Yellow focused on those telekinetic powers she has. To the point where she could move more than just a pokeball by a string. Like if she could move giant boulders! xD Or if she could also extend her healing powers for use on people?

shadowmoon

The Fresh Snow Trainer
    Years
    Is there any particular aspect of one or more of the dexholders you want to see? (please exclude shippings. Be creative people!)

yay! new topic!

um... red's past. i want to know why he doesn't have parents (mentioned in frlg)
    and...that's about it ^^

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
    Spoiler:

Mileyangel

Inuyasha Fan
    Years
    I'm back! (for now) My computer keeps acting up. Apple; Can't live with it, can't live without it. (especially since apple is slowly taking over the world)

I just got Volume 9! I was so happy I did a squealing happy dance. That's where Masky makes his debut! Anyway, I really liked Viz's translation, although the chapter titles had me rolling my eyes. Why does EVERYTHING have to be a pun/pop-culture reference for them?

Did anyone else notice that they changed Red's Snorlax, Lax, nickname to Snor? They kept ChuChu, though, and Gold continues to add -bo to his Pokemon's names. I probably missed a couple other nickname changes as well...

Oh, and Yellow addressed her Uncle Wilton as "Fisherman"! Does that mean he's not her uncle in this new translation? Cause that makes him coming to her house alone just a smidgeon creepy...

On topic: shadowmoon, I totally agree with you. That drives me CRAZY!! Literally every single main character has been shown to have at least one family member, except Red. More than that though, I'm dying to see Blue and Silver's pasts. All we get to see are a few panels of flashbacks, and they were there for four years!!

chamo-chan

Plush maker :U
    Years
    I'm back! (for now) My computer keeps acting up. Apple; Can't live with it, can't live without it. (especially since apple is slowly taking over the world)

I just got Volume 9! I was so happy I did a squealing happy dance. That's where Masky makes his debut! Anyway, I really liked Viz's translation, although the chapter titles had me rolling my eyes. Why does EVERYTHING have to be a pun/pop-culture reference for them?

Did anyone else notice that they changed Red's Snorlax, Lax, nickname to Snor? They kept ChuChu, though, and Gold continues to add -bo to his Pokemon's names. I probably missed a couple other nickname changes as well...

Oh, and Yellow addressed her Uncle Wilton as "Fisherman"! Does that mean he's not her uncle in this new translation? Cause that makes him coming to her house alone just a smidgeon creepy...

On topic: shadowmoon, I totally agree with you. That drives me CRAZY!! Literally every single main character has been shown to have at least one family member, except Red. More than that though, I'm dying to see Blue and Silver's pasts. All we get to see are a few panels of flashbacks, and they were there for four years!!
    I got Vol. 9 too~

I really like it, and like you said Miley, Yellow calling her uncle "fisherman" instead of uncle seems kinda weird....The titles don't bother me as much.

I noticed Lax's nick name change too. D: (I wonder if it's because in the D/P arc, Chuang Yi's nickname for Dia's Turtwig was "Lax".)

also, there was one particular translation that made me giggle: when the Masked Man and Silver were talking"

"What happened to the girl you escaped with? The girl you liked."
    -masked man.

eue *is a bit giddy*

Can't wait for December~ <3

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
    Hey guys I joined the group recently but wasn't quiet sure how to get into the discussion yet. My two favorite are Pearl and Diamond.

I also agree to this as well but I don't think they showed Diamond family members as well if I could remember correctly. I haven't read Pokemon special for a while now.

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
    Hey guys I joined the group recently but wasn't quiet sure how to get into the discussion yet. My two favorite are Pearl and Diamond.

I also agree to this as well but I don't think they showed Diamond family members as well if I could remember correctly. I haven't read Pokemon special for a while now.
    Well, welcome. It's nice to have fresh blood. I do have one piece of advice as co-owner here (however inactive I am). Um... lose Jun's "b-name" in your status. We have one club member is not very fond of that name even though she likes him just as much as you. Long story, only the old people here know that.

I would also like to see more of their backstories. Alas, I think that the gangs will be mostly un-seen from this point forward. We have waht? 3 arcs right now? They shouldnt have done Emerald arc. We;d be ok!

chanchimi

With a Side of Cheddar
    Years
    Hmm.... Red is the only one without a known family member! Which is odd. Since Pokespecial is based most after the video games, the player in R/G/B has a mother, so shouldn't Red at least have his mom show up at some point? I don't know....

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
    Well, welcome. It's nice to have fresh blood. I do have one piece of advice as co-owner here (however inactive I am). Um... lose Jun's "b-name" in your status. We have one club member is not very fond of that name even though she likes him just as much as you. Long story, only the old people here know that.

I would also like to see more of their backstories. Alas, I think that the gangs will be mostly un-seen from this point forward. We have waht? 3 arcs right now? They shouldnt have done Emerald arc. We;d be ok!

Lol do you mean "Barry"? I do like Jun's name better. I put it in my title for temporary to be honest since I couldn't think of anything else.

I also would like to see more about Ruby like how he lived in Johto if I could remember in the manga he mentioned something a bout living in Johto.

shadowmoon

The Fresh Snow Trainer
    Years
    I also agree to this as well but I don't think they showed Diamond family members as well if I could remember correctly.
    i think that they did mention dia's mom
    Spoiler:

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
    Um... lose Jun's "b-name" in your status. We have one club member is not very fond of that name even though she likes him just as much as you. Long story, only the old people here know that.

lol

Don't worry about it, AshPikaStar. It's not like she's here everyday. ;)

Spoiler:

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
    RubyJB88: XD If I could remember, the jap website showed Diamond and Pearl in their Platinum outfits. They didn't show much of it after that though. Only a few comic pic was up.

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2011
    Agree that they should show family members -- but if they suddenly were to show Red's mum, wouldn't that be kind of weird? I'm now used to the idea of him having no (visible) mum and that suddenly changing by some random figure (who, heavens forbid, might be as colourless as Blue's parents) would be strange for me. To say the least.

...I still want more background stories, though :D

+ welcome all new members, may you obey the rules & have fun here ;-)

Last edited:

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
    i dont think i read about it, actually, i think it was from serebii

also, if red was to have a mom, i have this feeling that it will be like the game's red's mom. since the authors take info from the games...
    ...then again, its just a hunch
    Oh you mean like this?

"Hi Red! Take a nap! You all rest? Good, now GTFO!"

That's basically all the moms except Gold's. And lord knows what she spends her son's money on!

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Ahem, things we cannot mention on these forums.....

Yeah, I'd like to see Red's parents, but if they're so generic, with no backstory, I'll not be too happy....

[/immaturity] this page's number ends "69" haha[/immaturity]

Oh, and to clear things up, according to some panels I've seen, and Coronis' summaries, some questions answered:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

IanDonyer

Time to kick ass? Definitely.
    Years
    First post on pokecommunity, and using it to join this club. Worthy of the occasion, I say.

I love PokeSpec with every fiber of my being. It reflects the world I WISH Pokemon could actually be in for every one of the three different worlds (games/anime/manga). Most of the fanfiction I've written on ffnet has been based around it. I friggin' LOVE IT.

Anyway, for the topic: I'd have to agree with a few people here and say I want to see some of Red's past. Or maybe more looks into the Masked Children... they really didn't cover an arc with so much potential, when it came to that. :(

- Ian

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
    Snoaz said:
    Agree that they should show family members -- but if they suddenly were to show Red's mum, wouldn't that be kind of weird? I'm now used to the idea of him having no (visible) mum and that suddenly changing by some random figure (who, heavens forbid, might be as colourless as Blue's parents) would be strange for me. To say the least.

Heh, yeah I sure wouldn't want a repeat of what Blue's parents were. I bet the writers knew that afterwards, and that's why we won't hear of them again (if Blue shows up).

may you abbey the rules & have fun here

Abbey? That's a new word I haven't heard before...:/

Spoiler:

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back