• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Special/Adventures Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowmoon

The Fresh Snow Trainer
    Years
    Midterms are finally done ^^ (too many snow days...)

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Yo, I heard you like spoilers, so we put a spoiler inside your spoiler! Or quote anyways... lots of spoilers here @.@

Lemme get this straight. D/P was one arc. Then came HG/SS. Or rather at the same time since they won't seem to let people meet over the region lines anymore... And THEN came Platinum arc? And... neither HG/SS nor Platinum have finished yet, but B/W already starts?

Man, why are they doing it like this ;___;

chamo-chan

Plush maker :U
    Years
    Yo, I heard you like spoilers, so we put a spoiler inside your spoiler! Or quote anyways... lots of spoilers here @.@

Lemme get this straight. D/P was one arc. Then came HG/SS. Or rather at the same time since they won't seem to let people meet over the region lines anymore... And THEN came Platinum arc? And... neither HG/SS nor Platinum have finished yet, but B/W already starts?

Man, why are they doing it like this ;___;
    *facepalm*
    .... No.
    Let me explain. Follow along.

They are not in chronological order because they were published in magazines first. But it still goes from DP to Platinum to HGSS.
    DP is about to end in volume form at volume 38. Platinum will also start at that volume. Obviously they will finish it sometime this year as well as properly starting and ending the HGSS arc.
    Also, don't assume that there will always be dex holder reunions every time.

Lumière

Harmony
    Years
    Please forgive my slowness. Does this mean that all the chapters up to Black & White are already completed but just not collected in volume form yet? And I can start reading Diamond & Pearl without being spoiled?

I've been kinda scared to read the Diamond/Pearl/Platinum arc because I'm only in Gold/Silver/Crystal. And even though Viz has already released DP I've been avoiding them. I feel silly now >.< I was thinking that the main characters crossover into other arcs for some reason.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
    Please forgive my slowness. Does this mean that all the chapters up to Black & White are already completed but just not collected in volume form yet? And I can start reading Diamond & Pearl without being spoiled?

I don't think all chapters of Black and White are completed yet. Maybe most of the chapters are and is waiting for them to be put in Volume form.

I've been kinda scared to read the Diamond/Pearl/Platinum arc because I'm only in Gold/Silver/Crystal. And even though Viz has already released DP I've been avoiding them. I feel silly now >.< I was thinking that the main characters crossover into other arcs for some reason.

DP is a good manga series but I guess I can see why you are avoiding it. You want to go in order I'm assuming? I didn't go in order. I went from Ruby and Sapphire first.

chamo-chan

Years

No. But next month, DP arc will have it's last few chapters, and platinums first chapters, in volume form.

Wait, VIZ hasnt started translating the DP arc yet (they won't until March.) I think you saw another manga called "Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Adventure!" (or DPA! for short). Btw it's a good manga.

I don't think all chapters of Black and White are completed yet. Maybe most of the chapters are and is waiting for them to be put in Volume form.

DP is a good manga series but I guess I can see why you are avoiding it. You want to go in order I'm assuming? I didn't go in order. I went from Ruby and Sapphire first.

The chapters of BW are from the magazines, yup.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years

I wouldn't skip the R/S, FR/LG arcs if I were you. I know that they aren't continuous, but they're definitely enjoyable to read.

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2011
    Hey there new members (there's been more activity recently huh?)

Scared!? What have you to fear when you got Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum at your back? It doesn't really matter what order you read them in each arc really feels like its own story. I started with RGB and then went on to FRLG. Reading them in chronological orders nice too so really it all depends on you. There's no rush to get onto the newer stuff. Just read and enjoy.

Wait, VIZ hasnt started translating the DP arc yet (they won't until March.) I think you saw another manga called "Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Adventure!" (or DPA! for short). Btw it's a good manga.

WHAT!? NO! I could have sworn Special DP was coming out in February. Aww that sucks! LOL. I just realized the DP arc will finish before the first volume even comes out here XD, that's nice.

Also I hope we get more plot tomorrow. I'm eager to see what's next in BW and if we'll get any news on volume 38. I want to see what sort of surprises are in store for our trio up on mt coronet.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Ah, alright chamo ^^

I'd say read R/B + Y + G/S/C + R/S + FR/LG + E in order. They're connected.

But D/P + P and HG/SS and B/W apparently aren't in the same way, so you can absolutely start reading D/P without worries :3

chamo-chan

Years
    WHAT!? NO! I could have sworn Special DP was coming out in February. Aww that sucks! LOL. I just realized the DP arc will finish before the first volume even comes out here XD, that's nice.

Also I hope we get more plot tomorrow. I'm eager to see what's next in BW and if we'll get any news on volume 38. I want to see what sort of surprises are in store for our trio up on mt coronet.
    No. It comes out in March. I checked on Barnes and Noble . com. ^u^

Oh, and I'm getting to that info right now.

Ah, alright chamo ^^

I'd say read R/B + Y + G/S/C + R/S + FR/LG + E in order. They're connected.

But D/P + P and HG/SS and B/W apparently aren't in the same way, so you can absolutely start reading D/P without worries :3
    True. Well actually.
    If you look at it volume wise, only the GSC, RS, FRLG, and Emerald arc are connected because all those arcs cut into each other (ex: the RS arc starts halfway into the last GSC book.) the only books that don't do that are the first two arcs, and the DP arc. I don't know about the Platinum, HGSS or BW arc, but it's too early to determine that....
    actually scratch that, both DP and Platinum are connected. I just remembered that the Platinum arc will cut into the end of DP.

ok.
    Now for the moment you guys have been waiting for:

MARCH PLOT IS NOW UP.
    Remember the SPOILERS rule now. eue;;; especially you, new members(and redking).
    Spoiler:

Discuss. =w=

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
    Spoiler:

Lumière

Harmony
    Years
    Oh I see! Thanks everyone for clearing that up. Chamo-chan is right I got the Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Adventure mixed up with the Special. Phew! I'll keep at my pace then. Almost finished with the GSC arc and loving the storyline. Then it's Ruby & Sapphire. I still like to check in every now and then to tease myself with spoilers ^ . ~ Black & White sounds awesome! Thanks again for getting me up to speed on info.

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    I'm only on the GSC Volume 9, because I haven't found time to go and buy Vol. 10 yet. Maybe I should should reading online... but I want all the books :D

Black and White sounds awesome, but when I remember that it's about 20 volumes later, I get disappointed.

HURRY UP VIZ MEDIA YOU'RE 207 CHAPTERS BEHIND (that's the only publisher we have where I live)

shadowmoon

The Fresh Snow Trainer
    Years
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2011
    HOLY S*** (sorry for the profanity but that's literally the first thing that came to mind)

Spoiler:

HURRY UP VIZ MEDIA YOU'RE 207 CHAPTERS BEHIND (that's the only publisher we have where I live)

I feel your pain. At their rate it'll take years for even FRLG to come out. It pains me to know that.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
    Spoiler:

Mileyangel

Inuyasha Fan
    Years
    Hey, everyone! I'm high on life right now cause I just got two more snow days!! YEAH!!

*ahem* Excuse me.

I haven't gotten my Volume 11 yet, but it should be here either tomorrow or the day after. So Chermaine and Keane's names are Sham and Carl? Hmmm..... That's actually pretty darn close to the original names! Me likey!!

Just checked Amazon... Volumes 13 and 14 are available for pre-order, as is the second volume of DP. That means a new volume coming out EVERY SINGLE MONTH. Get excited, people!

Welcome to all new members~! ^_^

chamo-chan

Years
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

HOLY S*** (sorry for the profanity but that's literally the first thing that came to mind)

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Hey, everyone! I'm high on life right now cause I just got two more snow days!! YEAH!!

*ahem* Excuse me.

I haven't gotten my Volume 11 yet, but it should be here either tomorrow or the day after. So Chermaine and Keane's names are Sham and Carl? Hmmm..... That's actually pretty darn close to the original names! Me likey!!

Just checked Amazon... Volumes 13 and 14 are available for pre-order, as is the second volume of DP. That means a new volume coming out EVERY SINGLE MONTH. Get excited, people!

Welcome to all new members~! ^_^
    ono lucky. It's chilly to the bone out there... ;3; I don't wanna go to class...

*shrug* I don't even know what their names were before, sooooooooooo yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

wait, are you for reals? 8D horay.

Also. someone put up some pictures from both chapters that were released yesterday (along with another chapter from last month with Fennel.)
    WARNING SPOILERS
    Spoiler:

Discuss.

Last edited:

Mileyangel

Inuyasha Fan
    Years
    Poor Chamo! I know, I hate hate hate the cold.

I got my Volume 11 today!!

Spoiler:

I found this hilarious picture on Tumblr. It goes with the whole "N is a sissy" idea. If you've seen Mean Girls, you'll laugh as hard as I did.

Last edited:

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
    Spoiler:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back