• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Starlight

Should I add Fakemon

• Fakemon is good on your hack

Votes: 41 38.3%
  • No just be used the orginal 386 Pokemon..

Votes: 66 61.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
Years
  • The story seems to be pretty good. I must say that the D/P/Pt hero always looks out of place in GBA games, although not so much here. Is that a sprite error in the last screenshot?
    Work on your grammar. Good luck.

DuoRyan

Hack'in as usual, it seem.
    Years
  • The story seems to be pretty good. I must say that the D/P/Pt hero always looks out of place in GBA games, although not so much here. Is that a sprite error in the last screenshot?
    Work on your grammar. Good luck.
    i was actually testing nse but this isn't the final sprite and yeah i need to fix grammar
    thank for the feeback

DuoRyan

Years
  • update need to start over and i will have new pokecenter tile and mountain tile and that it ..nothing else or my game glitch

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    You already have a plan for how many betas you're going to release.:cheeky:

Why? It makes little difference.

Screenshots look good (but could be smaller...) and the tiles fit, except that Mart...

Perhaps a more elaborate story would help you? Please add a more detailed story, instead of the generic (this has happened, don't know why he is a scientist, and someone has a Pokemon), and then I will give it more praise, but already looks good! (Also, grammar... That needs fixing!)

DuoRyan

Years

• Why? It makes little difference.

Screenshots look good (but could be smaller...) and the tiles fit, except that Mart...

Perhaps a more elaborate story would help you? Please add a more detailed story, instead of the generic (this has happened, don't know why he is a scientist, and someone has a Pokemon), and then I will give it more praise, but already looks good! (Also, grammar... That needs fixing!)
    Yeah also i decided to use old tile since these tile glicth my game so ...i restarted i have map the first town it a mountain area

Hedgehogger

Learning ASM, but struggling
    Years
  • Nice tilesets. Haha, I see you use Windows 7, too, huh? ;p

You can take normal-sized VBA screenshots more easily than pressing PrntScrn. Just go to File > Screen Capture on VBA's menu. Then you can save the screenshot as a .bmp or .png.

And the one thing that seems amiss is that there's no explanation behind why Lugia has a Steel Form. Did someone do something to it?

DuoRyan

Years
  • Nice tilesets. Haha, I see you use Windows 7, too, huh? ;p

You can take normal-sized VBA screenshots more easily than pressing PrntScrn. Just go to File > Screen Capture on VBA's menu. Then you can save the screenshot as a .bmp or .png.

And the one thing that seems amiss is that there's no explanation behind why Lugia has a Steel Form. Did someone do something to it?

when the two trainer was battling a hit by both trainer power hit the steel orb,which is use to boost steel type somehow was absorb by lugia when it was resting and it was born.

simdu68

asleep all summer zzZZ
    Years
  • you need just to add a warp at the entrance tile with AM, it's easy^^
    then of course you need to write to which map and second warp it needs to bring to........

DuoRyan

Years
  • you need just to add a warp at the entrance tile with AM, it's easy^^
    then of course you need to write to which map and second warp it needs to bring to........
    explain because i put 1 on the cave entrance tile the one in mt moon then i put the warp one tie down and it doesn't work
    i got it

Last edited:

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Yeah also i decided to use old tile since these tile glicth my game so ...i restarted i have map the first town it a mountain area

How did they "glitch" the game? Old FR tiles may look more professional, but only with their original pallettes in my eyes. It is better visually (In my opinion anyway) to change tiles when changing pallettes.

DuoRyan

Years

• How did they "glitch" the game? Old FR tiles may look more professional, but only with their original pallettes in my eyes. It is better visually (In my opinion anyway) to change tiles when changing pallettes.
    ok i was repleacing tileset 2 of viridian and it started to glitch then my rom was gone the next day

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    ok i was repleacing tileset 2 of viridian and it started to glitch then my rom was gone the next day

I doubt that the tiles were to blame for the ROM going, as that has never happened to many people before, and I often change nearly every tileset in some way. As for "starting to glitch", it isn't due to the tiles most chances. Unless you are specific, I don't know what. New tiles are a must if changing pallettes, as the old tiles don't feel right with new pallettes. And if at first you don't succeed, try and try again!

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
  • Okay, Ryan, you need to fix your Grammar, and I can help you
    with that.

As for tiles, is it really THAT important?
    I rather have normal tiles than
    having new tiles that make the Hack
    glitch up.

Last edited by a moderator:

DuoRyan

Years
  • Okay, Ryan, you need to fix your Grammar, and I can help you
    with that. Also one more thing: It's about the rules. You can't
    double/triple post unless it's a big update.

As for tiles, is it really THAT important?
    I rather have normal tiles than
    having new tiles that make the Hack
    glitch up.

Yeah that will be helpful,next time I follow the rule.
    edit:check out my thread now!

Last edited:

TheRichar

Check my Thread :3
    Years
  • I like the storyline but, in the first screen, there's a pixel error at the down left corner, maybe a flying Jiriachi would be better, and a title to this Rom hack will make it more interesting :D

Back