• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Sterling Silver: Cry of Celebi

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirk123

Organization XIII
Years
  • @skeetendo: Since you are putting in a few Fakemon,
    Is there a possibility that Mewthree (A fake pokemon thought up during the G/S/C series by users, who claimed it to be real) will be one of the Fakemon?

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
    Years
  • I'm loving this hack!!!!!!

And for those who are having trouble with the Sunday Skeetendo event, here are two guesses for what I think is going on:

1) Nothing has even been scripted yet to where the lady even does anything for you.

2) Maybe after you talk to her once, then the event is overwritten. What I mean is that the very first time you talk to her might HAVE to be when you've already received the PokeMobile, b/c most problems addressed about that have been from people mwho have talked to her before-hand.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. Even if you do, this will still be my favoritest (not a real word) hack of all time!!!!!!

skeetendo just said that it was a simple error they overlooked and it will be fixed in the next beta

and while i don't like fakemon, mewthree would be kinda cool I suppose

Skeetendo Inc.

The REAL Pokémon Company
    Years
  • Well the first fakemon we had planned (although they became glitched by accident) was a trio of Snowman pokemon, named Nevico, Nevacho, and Nevombre. They will most likely be fixed and added in, in addition to a few others. A mewthree may be possible, also we may decide to throw in Missingno. (if there are codes to do it, i may eve try to make the item cloning bit possible as well) and whether there is item cloning or not, he would be a normal pokemon inthe sense of he wont glitch the game at all, but would till have his original picture, stats, and becasue i think its still in the game, even his normally unused "BIRD" type. More on that later though.

Now that I have finally turned in that bloody term paper, expect more updates and screens this weekend. We should be able to get a lot done. We shall keep you all posted!

Skeetendo Inc.

The REAL Pokémon Company
    Years
  • Hmm, still a little early to tell. RIght now, ive been doing a bit of work in the cave, (finished coding and testing those fossil pokemon) and going back and fixing some bugs (fixed the skeetendo event lady, the bug was as simple as I had typed "08" instead of "09" so it ended up as a paradox. Basically, the way it was coded, if you had not already done it, you couldn't do it, but if you could somehow manage TO do it, you could do it as often as you want. lol. I will keep you all posted as new stuff comes availible.

Also, one thing revealed: it IS Kabuto in the cave (before I had merely said it was either Kabuto or Omanyte but not which one).

Also here is a very vague hint at somethign that MAY occur later in the game (still working it out and dicussing it)

Theorizing that one could time-travel within his own lifetime, Dr. Sam Beckett led an elite group of scientists into the desert, to develop a top-secret project known as Quantum Leap. Pressured to prove his theories or lose funding, Dr. Beckett prematurely stepped into the project accelerator, and vanished...
    He awoke to find himself trapped in the past, facing mirror images that were not his own, and driven by an unknown force to change history for the better. His only guide on this journey is Al, an observer from his own time, who appears in the form of a hologram that only Sam can see and hear. And so Dr. Beckett finds himself leaping from life to life, striving to put right what once went wrong, and hoping each time that his next Leap...will be the Leap home...

okay its not EXACTLY like that, but it is similar, and a lot shorter lol

Last edited:

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Hmmm... Fakemon on GBC is a tough thing to do, considering you have few colours, you need to have a good spriter to avoid the fakes to end up looking weird. Seems like you already have a good spriter, right? We'll judge the fak new pokes when the time comes.

That story sounded interesting, even when it really didn't have the word "Pokemon" in it :P

Well, good luck now that you have a little more time to work on the hack. I'll be watching to see if I can be surprised with something else (hard to do with a GBC game, so good luck! ;P)

Skeetendo Inc.

The REAL Pokémon Company
    Years
  • Well that story itself is actually from the opening sequence of that old show "Quantum Leap". It won't be exactly liek that really. To go ahead and clarify things, as this time my natural tendency to leave yall little riddles and such didnt come out quite right Ill go ahead and re-state that better:

Basically, the sidequest involves time-travel, right now possibly in a similar method to the one used in Quantum Leap, although may not be, with the point being for you to help someone in the past and then return home. It is actualy planned as a possible cross-over between SS:CoC and Fangking Omega's fan-game, Pokémon Acanthite Version. Still in early planning stages but I felt it would be cool to bring up.

nano351

Metal and Color games are best
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2013
    Wow this hack looks great :D. I was looking for a good metal generation gameboy pokemon game for when I get my ipod video. Also I'll post if I ever see any bugs when the game is played on an ipod but it may seem pretty stupid to make a special version for ipods

Last edited:

Skeetendo Inc.

The REAL Pokémon Company
    Years
  • Good to see positive comments on the hack! lol, I was not even aware you could play them on an iPod, but Im not that surprised honestly.

As for where we are in the hack, im adding the trainers to the cave right now. Earlier today I went back in and did alittle more bug fixing and changed the pokecenter map slightly (nothign big, adding potted plants^^) So by tonight, I should be able to have not only finished and tsted the cave but we should have the place it takes you to mapped and some early screens of it up. Im sure you will enjoy them^^

Drahc

Banned
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2007
    sounds cool. how many gyms are there and what types are the first/secound gyms? :)

dirk123

Organization XIII
    Years
  • sounds cool. how many gyms are there and what types are the first/secound gyms? :)

They are the same gyms as the normal G/S/C games, with a slight gym order change.
    Now it's Falkner, Whitney, Bugsy instead of Falkner, Bugsy, Whitney.

In the current Beta, you can only do the first 4 gyms of Johto (Falkner, Whitney, Bugsy and Morty)

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
    Years
  • I'm curious about the gyms of the second region! :D
    but yeah, Johto isn't changed much, a few things here and there.

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
    Years
  • no, johto's leaders are the same, just a different order.
    And the second region is NOT Kanto, it's a new place.
    I believe that's the story. correct me if I'm wrong

Drahc

Banned
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2007
    i looked through the old beta. not much been changed, just a bit of scripting been added.

wonder where the latest beta is for this hack. thanks.

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
    Years
  • they are still working on the latest beta which will have all of Johto, the league, and one town of Latio (the new region)
    it should be out in a few weeks

Skeetendo Inc.

The REAL Pokémon Company
    Years
  • Right you are, Erimgard! Very attentive! I lvoe ho your able to keep people informed when stuff keeps us away.

Also, there are more out-of order towns and new thigns to come, that demo jsut scratched the surface! haha!

Speaking of new places, I have a few screens of the new place to show you all. Sorry its tonight not last night, I hit some major snags with the map header i had to straighten out, but all is well now and ready to show off some screens of it!

wififtwkj6.png

It seems the Scientists at this Dig site have WiFi!

sphynxap4.png

What has the body of a lion, the head of a pharoh, and is supposed to be in Egypt?!

pyramidwr7.png

Pyramid, anyone?

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
    Years
  • haha no problem :)

Hmm the Egypt stuff has me very intrigued. I can't WAIT to play.
    one little thing...I can't really see the full area, but it looks like the tiles at the top of the screen don't really go together well in the first pic

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back