• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Sun and Moon Hopes and Speculations!

Thepowaofhax

Spectre
Years
    • Seen May 29, 2017
    Seeing as this game is most likely based in Hawaii, it would be very likely that we might be able to play in the Unova as post-game well. Hawaii is a part of the US, after all. Most likely we would have to go there by plane because I doubt a level 4 Pidgey could survive that long of a travel and boats/surfing would take to long.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Seeing as this game is most likely based in Hawaii, it would be very likely that we might be able to play in the Unova as post-game well. Hawaii is a part of the US, after all. Most likely we would have to go there by plane because I doubt a level 4 Pidgey could survive that long of a travel and boats/surfing would take to long.
    Why Hawaii specifically though? It does appear to be some sort of tropical region from the images, but there's a lot of tropical islands/countries out there.

GMeister

Poke Maniac
    Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2020
    GF needs to update some abilities in the game. For example, Turboblaze and Zekrom's ability. In previous games, these two abilities causes move can be used on target regardless of the target abilities. Well, logically Reshiram and Zekrom are airborne during battles. Thus, their abilities need to gain same effect or ability of Levitate.

Years
  • People are thinking hawaii mainly due to the rainbow that can be seen on one of the trucks in the concept art that was shown during the trailer. There's other things too such as

-the woman in X/Y that says: "I hear there is a waterfall that flows backward somewhere in the world! I really want to see that!" T

-Strange souvenir looking like a tiki

I'm starting to think something similar to Hawaii may be our new region as well.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I am hoping for season as well, because I find it so baffling that they ended up being a Unova-exclusive feature. I know that Masuda wants each region to have something specific that defines it uniquely, but there could have been other options for the "region-unique" feature. Like how trainer customization should not have been Kalos-exclusive.

Kalos's feature wasn't customization, it was overpriced pants

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2016
    Ok guys, I have a lot of speculative thoughts about the new games. I may be way off, but please bare with me!

So first and foremost, I think that Pokemon Sun and Moon are Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire sequels/spinoffs and may well feature a link to Hoenn or possible be a two region game. My reasoning? Well, lets go through them one by one..

Pokemon Sun and Moon are named, of course, after the sun and moon. But Hoenn, had a lot of links to space and atmosphere, whether it's the pokemon themselves - Solrock and Lunatone are the obvious ones, Rayquaza being related to space through the Delta Episode, Deoxys being an "alien" pokemon, Jirachi being a star. I know many could say the same about Mt Moon in RBY but it doesn't tie as well in my headcanon.

Next, the location, Hoenn is already an incredibly varied location - but is well known for it's water locations and it's very tropical feel. This just seems to further tie in with my theory that it's possibly a "sub region" from Hoenn - similar to how Johto was a separate but connected region to Kanto and arguably the theory that Sinnoh is linked to Kanto/Johto through the mountain ranges. It just seems to connect the two somehow.

Thirdly, ORAS (for me at least) seemed like it was much more about the story of Mega Evolution than XY ever was. To me it seemed like ORAS should have been the 2013 release and XY the 2014 release, purely because it seemed like ORAS had known about Mega Evos for years now but XY/Kalos it was a brand new thing and there were aspects that didn't quite add up - yet the games still seemed to be linked together. But it seemed like Game Freak wanted to get XY out as quickly as possible to introduce the new Pokemon in before they produced the true heir to Gen 6.

In addition to that, Game Freak seemed to "skip" the remake in Gen 5 - why do I bring that up? Well, because the 3DS was released in 2011 but Game Freak/Nintendy didn't utilise the 3D until 2013/2014 so surely that could have meant that they had been working on the 3D models and effects, perhaps simultaneously since the release of the console? The possible debunking of that was because we'd already had 9 games on the DS console and they wanted to hold off, but I'm avoiding that idea :p

And for the finale... Game Freak are in the mood of giving us curveballs now. Rather than giving us Grey we got BW2. Rather than an abundance of new Pokemon we got 60 new original Pokemon and 30 or so Mega Evolutions in XY. Wouldn't this just cement their new position in giving us something that's original yet harks back to the olden days of Pokemon?

Oh, one last thing. The fact that the Battle Frontier Project has "begun" in ORAS. But we have no Battle Frontier to speak of? Why not revisit the island in a year or two? ;)

Thanks guys.

I also still believe that Z is on the way.

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2017
    I don't know, i don't see Pokemon Z still being a thing. I think whatever they wanted to expand in Kalos can be doable in this game too. I can see then fitting Perfect Zygarde and everything into Sun and Moon.

Also Pokemon Following you needs to make a return.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • I hope that graphically and gameplay-wise it is 3D more like OOT. X/Y were still very 2.5D, battles/Pokemon aside. I'm assuming that this won't be changing for Sun/Moon, but I can wish.

I hope that we stick to a Europe-based location for the setting. I love Western culture, and especially Europe, so I love to see regions based off of them.

Add back trainer customization!

cRaCkZ

Well...
    Years
  • HYPE..MAX LEVEL

SOO MANY WISHES...

1.Starters

a.Fire/Ice starter, based on a reindeer
    Like this one :

A Sp.Atk powerhouse sth like (90/45/90/130/80/100) -> Final Form
    , with INCINERATE HA (Just like Pixilate ,but for fire)
    Imaginate a Fire Hyper Beam, Hyper Voice or others...

b.Grass/Flying, like the other birds... a tiny bird who evolve in something bigg..
    like this

A powerful Physicial Attacker
    (80+130+60+90+60+110) with acces to super powerful moves (Brave Bird,Close Combat,Leaf Blade) with HA Gale Wings....just dreamin'

c.A Water/Fighting type to complete the trio (Grass,Water,Fire) (Flying,Fighting,Ice)

A bulky Def with nice Attack to can use powerful fighting moves.

A EXAMPLE:

BULKY BULKY (90/90/150/30/100/60) with Swift Swim to cover his speed.

2.Mascots

Many people thinks about MAGEARNA and VOLCANION, but. i think this is never possible...because Volcanion is included in X/Y...
    SUN'S MASCOT will be a PURE FIRE, i think, because SUN is FIRE...
    MOON'S MASCOT will be a FAIRY PURE or DUAL PSYCHIC because Moonblast and Psychics are mystic like moon.

3.Evil TEAM.(s)

IT will be nice if there will be 2 teams (like RSE) , ONE OF THEM... (Ex.Team Sunshine >only a example name) try to catch SUN MASCOT to use it to make an infinite day
    Second one will be sth like (Team Moonlight) try to catch MOON'S MAScot to make an inifinite NIGHT

4.More more megas

Mega Flygon -same typing, boost stats
    Mega Milotic -water/dragon, boost
    Mega Butterfree- bug/psychic , boost
    Mega Infernape- same, boost
    Mega Torterra - same, boost
    Mega Empoleon- same boost
    Mega Feraligatr - Water/Dark , boost
    Mega Meganium - Grass,boost
    Mega Thyolosion- same , boost
    Mega Serperior- Grass/Dragon, boost
    Mega Emboar- same,boost
    Mega Samurott - Water/Normal , boost
    Mega Slowking - same, boost
    Mega Luxray - Electric/Dark - boost
    Mega Roserade - Fairy/Poison maybe :) , boost

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I'm not sure if I should really expect this....

but I would love if they finally expanded on the idea presented by Lacunosa town in the 5th generation games.

That is, make it so NPCs have actual schedules that they stick to during the day and night. If the name of the titles suggest they're going to be focusing more on the day and night cycle I think this would be a pretty obvious way of developing it further.

One interesting possibility. What if there were multiple Gym Leaders for each gym, and they worked in shifts. So depending on the time of day you challenge a particular gym you'll face off against a different gym leader. (and you'd be able to find the off duty gym leader hanging out somewhere else in town)

It would be like if Iris worked the day shift and Drayden worked the night shift in Opelucid City.

I would do so much for making the world seem alive. If they could do this it would really shake things up I think.

Inky

:pleading_face:
    Years
    • he / him
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Hopefully less of a focus on Megas.

A gimmick I really wasn't a fan of.

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    wouldn't it be funny if that hotel-like place is in Phenac City or Gateon Port?
    3 years: barren wasteland to desert with a few oasis
    20 years later orre has become a tropical jungle.

pkmin3033

I want for the rival to be more challenging. Gen VI had easy rivals.
    Taking it one step further...how about a rival getting the other mascot Legendary?

Actually making them relevant to the story would be pretty cool, in my opinion! Rivals haven't really been relevant since Blue/Green/Gary (whichever) became the Champion before you; they've just been kinda...there.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Taking it one step further...how about a rival getting the other mascot Legendary?

Actually making them relevant to the story would be pretty cool, in my opinion! Rivals haven't really been relevant since Blue/Green/Gary (whichever) became the Champion before you; they've just been kinda...there.

I feel like Silver (more so in HgSs) and May/Brandon (again more so in the remakes, OrAs) played some role, but I would like them to expand it from there. Also, hopefully the champion will play a role again, unlike in XY where she was just there...

pkmin3033

I feel like Silver (more so in HgSs) and May/Brandon (again more so in the remakes, OrAs) played some role, but I would like them to expand it from there. Also, hopefully the champion will play a role again, unlike in XY where she was just there...
    Yeah, Diantha was definitely a letdown for her utter lack of doing pretty much anything. Cynthia in particular felt quite relevant because she was actively out there doing things through the game, and Blue/Green/Gary was always one step ahead of you, so as a Champion he was satisfying. I loved taking on Team Rocket with Lance in GSC as well.

I really hope the next Champion makes themselves relevant...if it was in an antagonist role, so much the better. Someone who used their influence as Champion for their own personal gain would be a nice change of pace.

magicalgirlj

I liek Popplio
    Years
  • Character customization- Game Freak should not let this go to waste.
    The Dex Nav- This was really useful
    Pokemon Amie and Wonder Trade- I would be heart broken if they did not come back
    A dark type gym- Come on Game Freak enough electric type gym's. Give us a dark type gym already.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Ah yes it's so annoying how we've now had an Electric-type Gym in five out of six regions (only Johto hasn't had an Electric Gym). It's making me think that Game Freak are heavily obsessed with the Electric-type for some reason.
    Not to mention they only have one weakness... I think that electric is treated better because Pikachu is an Electric type.

Back