• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Spinoff: Pokemon TCG: Neo (Final release)

I am thinking of replacing the Crystal Type ability with normal attacks, since it's bugged for 3/4 o

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Days
    • Online now
    WELCOME TO A NEW GENERATION

View attachment 107698

NEW: The Final version AND Legacy Mode is here!

This hack, Pokémon TCG Neo, is a near complete overhaul of the base game in terms of battling. Why? Because all the generation 1 cards in this game have been replaced with generation 2 cards, and everything has been balanced.

Featuring your favorites from Neo Genesis all the way to Skyridge, so many cards have been added and replaced that it's completely changed the way this game is played. Pokémon, attacks, abilities, even a few trainer cards- altered to create a completely new battling experience. If you're looking for a TCG hack with all-new cards, look no further and download the link below.

If you aren't looking for a new way to play the old TCG, see the instructions below.

Spoiler:

FEATURES

As previously stated, all the Pokémon and trainers in this game have been replaced by generation 2 cards from real life sets. This completes the real Johto Pokédex, with some Kanto Pokémon thrown into the mix. These card's attacks and abilities either reflect their real life counterparts, come close to it, or I ignored it for a better attack. The Trainer card edits followed similarly: I tried to change the sprites and names to generation 2 equivalents, with a special note that Super Energy Removal has been replaced by Master Ball. The ONLY card that is unedited is Super Energy Retrieval, and only because in the English TCG it is already a generation 2 card anyway.

Everything in this game has been balanced. Cards that I thought were weak received buffs, and cards that I thought were too strong received nerfs. In general: Pokémon, especially evolved Pokémon, got more powerful, while trainer cards became less powerful. Games will now be more focused on the Pokémon and not the trainers, giving new strategies to pursue!

But, if you don't care for the new effects and balance and just want to play with official gen 2 cards on a rom simulator, we have you covered. This game also includes a Legacy Version, in which all the cards in the game are as close as possible to their real life counterparts! If you love coinflips, then this is the version for you!

As 99.9% of the cards in this game are different, the dialogue, trades and text in the game have also been altered to reflect that difference. In particular, there are now only 7 promo cards and EVERY card in the game is obtainable, so deckbuild to your hearts content: no more Card Pop holding you back from key cards. Not to mention, the boosters that you get these cards in have been altered too!

In addition to the cards, you can also play it your way by playing as a boy or girl! There are two versions of this game, containing either Mark or Mint's spriteset and colors. Furthermore, I updated the portrait sprites myself, as seen above, so now they both look even better than before, ready to take on everyone in the trading card league!

Speaking of trainers, every single NPC deck has been altered. Some even use completely different strategies, such as Steve, who is one of four character who had their portrait altered. The auto deck machines are likewise edited from the ground up, mostly just filled with ideas for fun decks that I had and the boss's decks. In addition to all of this, Ronald is re-battleable after beating him after the championship, and Imakuni now gives a rare card after beating him 2 and 4 times as opposed to 3 and 6 in the original game.

For the sake of convenience, the tutorial duel has been eliminated. I'm going to assume you all know how to play the card game; thereby letting you skip the tutorial and go straight into the fun. The dialogue for learning the game has been unaltered, so use that if you must.

Finally, because there has been some confusion over this, I want to clearly state what isn't a feature: the difficulty. This is not a difficulty hack, read the spoiler below for the reasons why.

Spoiler:

THE ART STYLE

View attachment 107692

All of the new art in this game was done by me. I wanted to have a different feel from the base game, so instead of using mostly black and white + 2 colors, I tried to make each Pokémon as colorful as possible. This is my preference, so I'm sticking to it. If you want a poster of all the sprites, it can be viewed here https://www.deviantart.com/cataclyptic/art/Pokemon-TCG-Neo-Sprites-936162337 (Spoilers for in game cards).

DOWNLOAD

The Zip file is at the very end of this thread

Or, download it from my Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7unhthpdxgt7dis/AABIxh0ulGovswxZjGyM8cd3a?dl=0

The downloads include the patches, a copy of LunarIPS, a Readme file, the version update history, and a document detailing every card in the game and how to obtain them- don't look if you don't want spoilers!

And, by popular demand, I have made the repository file public! You can see and download that here: https://github.com/RealCataclyptic/Pokemon-TCG-Neo

The pret file has been updated such that it can be understood by humans! Happy hacking!

Version history (See Full notes in the download section)
    - 1.0: Game release
    - 1.01: Fixed a bug where returning to the Hall of Honor only gave Ho-oh.
    - 1.02: Fixed a trade. Reverted Tailwind (Retreat Aide) to its original effect, as the new one was broken. Changed energy cost of Crystal Charizard.
    - 1.03: A spelling error and an attack name change.
    - 1.1: Huge balance changes, bug fixes, AI changes. Entei's Protective Flame now works.
    - 1.11: Entei1 now works properly, one typo fixed for Sudowoodo's energy cost.
    - 1.2 : Booster pack edits, sprite edits, Bug fixes, balance changes, sprite edits, deck edits, basically everything edits, see the version update history in download for more information.
    - 1.25: Title screen edit, bug fixes, balance changes, some sprite edits, typo and text edits, Readme edits, entire pret document cleaned up, new effects, new attacks, bug discoveries and exploit fixes.
    -1.3 : New effects, new attacks, balance change, MORE POKEMON, LEGACY VERSION!

KNOWN BUGS AND GLITCHES

View attachment 107694

I can't do anything about these, but all of them only minorly affect gameplay, so it's fine. If any of you know how to fix them or what's going on, feel free to comment below.

Spoiler:

F.A.Q.'S

Spoiler:

SPECIAL THANKS

View attachment 107781

- Everyone who made the PokeTCG disassembly
    - Anon822 for major coding help
    - Lunos, for answering all my noob questions
    - MonopolyRubix for helping me alter the booster packs
    - Snackerfork for the female playable character inspiration as well as typo and dialogue corrections
    - Github, for making it so easy that even an idiot like me able to use their site
    - Gotron for helping with balance changes
    - Oats for helping immensely with coding
    - Shaoden for helping with coding
    - All of you who downloaded this hack!​
    You just made my day.

Days
    • Seen Jan 28, 2024
    Thank you for your time and effort!!

I tried booting up the game with my old save file, and it seems like almost all my old trainer cards are gone haha. For some reason, the only ones I still have are professor elm, team rocket's evil deeds, and mail from bill. It's probably to be expected, since I imagine the order of the cards was reshuffled. I still seem to have most of my pokemon cards though, like multiple copies of the legendary cards, shadow lugia, and promo cards like unown. I would like to try the new cards, but I'm not sure if I'm up to playing the game all over again. Do you know if there are any cards you obtain during the playthrough that cannot be obtained postgame? Master ball shouldn't be a problem because I can easily get 4 more copies from the challenge cup.

Another question: I've been rebattling Ronald to try to get back the master balls I lost from the patch update, but I've only managed to get a single master ball so far. Everything else was tons of unowns, enteis, and shadow lugias. Is it not possible to get more than one master ball from rebattling Ronald? Thanks!

Cataclyptic

Everything I say is a lie
    Years
  • Another question: I've been rebattling Ronald to try to get back the master balls I lost from the patch update, but I've only managed to get a single master ball so far. Everything else was tons of unowns, enteis, and shadow lugias. Is it not possible to get more than one master ball from rebattling Ronald? Thanks!
    Yeah I had to reshuffle the order of practically all the cards, so that's why your trainers are lost. You can get more master balls by battling Ronald, but it is random, so it seems like you are just having bad luck.

Days
    • Online now
    So the differences between the regular and Legacy versions are just the attacks?

(I mean that alone gives me enough reason to play both versions)

Cataclyptic

Everything I say is a lie
    Years
  • Congratulations on the final release! May we know the difference between the legacy version and the final one? Thank you!

So the differences between the regular and Legacy versions are just the attacks?

(I mean that alone gives me enough reason to play both versions)
    In Legacy version, the attacks and abilities are the closest I could come up with to thier real life counterparts. In 1.3, it's whatever I thought was balanced, fit the pokemon, or fun. There is no balancing in Legacy version as a result, but it is the closest thing to the real gen 2 meta you will see on a rom hack. (Until some of my aquaintences make theirs Xp but I don't know the progress on thier hacks)

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2024
    Hi, i dont know why this rom hack Is unricognized by my emulator (myoldboy). I play the version 1.25 perfectly and this last update Is not working for me. Some advice?

Last edited:
    Days
    • Online now
    In Legacy version, the attacks and abilities are the closest I could come up with to thier real life counterparts. In 1.3, it's whatever I thought was balanced, fit the pokemon, or fun. There is no balancing in Legacy version as a result, but it is the closest thing to the real gen 2 meta you will see on a rom hack. (Until some of my aquaintences make theirs Xp but I don't know the progress on thier hacks)
    I like the challenge of the Legacy version. It reminds me of your DX version of the original game. As for your acquaintances, do they have accounts here for us to see what they're making?

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2024
    I'm pretty sure that due to the changes I made, it can only run on newer emulators. Use VBA-M, its equally free and works.
    I dont find One for android. I was playing It on my device. Is still possibile with some other emulator for android?

Days
    • Online now
    Hi, i dont know why this rom hack Is unricognized by my emulator (myoldboy). I play the version 1.25 perfectly and this last update Is not working for me. Some advice?
    Try the John GBC. Works like a champ on my phone (Galaxy S9)

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2024
    I try It. Nothing to do. Maybe i missed something. I download the file Pokémon TCG Neo V 1.3 from the bottom of the First message of this Thread. I must do something else or i can play directly with that files?

Days
    • Online now
    I try It. Nothing to do. Maybe i missed something. I download the file Pokémon TCG Neo V 1.3 from the bottom of the First message of this Thread. I must do something else or i can play directly with that files?
    Download a copy of Pokémon Trading Card Game and extract it with win.rar. do the same with TCG Neo. Then use unipatcher (or something like it) and you should be good to go.

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2024
    Download a copy of Pokémon Trading Card Game and extract it with win.rar. do the same with TCG Neo. Then use unipatcher (or something like it) and you should be good to go.
    So that Is a patch? I extract Pokemon Trading Card Game (Europe) (En,Es,It) (SGB Enhanced).zip with ZArchiver

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2024
    You basically have to patch the game with TCG Neo. Yes.
    Thanks a lot i have done It!!. Very kind.

But i thought the second Attack of gyarados was buffed, it still inflict to itself 50 damage. Im not a TCG Expert, but i think that gyarados Is unplayable. Im i wrong? With what card make a good synergy? Thanks in advance

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    Ladies and Gentlemen of Pokecommunity, this is the final thread bump I will give.

Version 1.3 is finally released! It contains new effects, new balance changes, new pokemon, the kitchen sink and a brand new version!!

The repository should be updated soon as well, and it even includes the card expansion mod, meaning that my game can be easily used as a base for anyone to hack!

Thank you all for playing!
    I want to first thank you for all the amazing work you did in making this amazing rom. You created something that invoked nostalgia yet still felt like a breath of fresh air for the tcg GBC. We as a community thank you and wish you the best in all your future endeavors. And if that brings you back to making roms then i look forward to your next project.

Back