• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon that can be a gender, but shouldn't

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
Years
  • Male Bellossom, male Gothitelle, female machop, female Conkeldurr, female Mr Mime are all just wrong. And female Hypno/ no, just no.

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
    Years
  • Emboar?

In my opinion female Emboar is just weird and wrong.

Also:
    Umbreon/Leafeon/Jolteon=Male
    Espeon/Glaceon/Vaporeon=Female
    Flareon/Eevee=Either way really. But, Eevee would only be able to evolve into the specific evolutions if it were the correct gender.

Years
  • The Haxorus line should be all male and the Hydreigon line should be all female.

Why? I see no justification for this.

And btw the only truly valid thing I've read in this thread is male Gardevoir and female Hypno (not for any reason, just because you have to be male to be that damned creepy just to clarify, that is a joke. strikeouts are never enough).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2016
    In my opinion female Emboar is just weird and wrong.

If that were to happen, it just wouldn't fit in with the rest of the starter Pokémon. Also, I don't see why starter Pokémon have a very low chance of being female. I know Game Freak don't want the player to be breeding starters before they get a ditto, but can't they just make it so starter Pokémon have a 50-50 chance of being either gender, and modify the first one you get to be male only?

Gothitelle said:
    It also breaks stereotypes of girls not being as tough as boys. Hydreigon may be girly but it can kick just as much patoote as Haxorus.

Hydreigon and Haxorus can be both genders anyway, so it doesn't really make a difference. If you want a female Deino go and catch one. As for the stereotype, take a look at Vepsiquen, Nidoqueen, Latias, Kangaskhan, Froslass, Mandibuzz and Cresselia. All female and pretty powerful.

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2016
    When I look at Hydreigon, I don't really see traits of any gender. To me it looks kind of like a genderless, undead, flying Hydra.

Anyway, I also think that Darkrai should be a male counterpart to Cresselia, seeing as they already have a little rivalry between them. Also it would make the number of male and female exclusive Pokémon equal, so nobody can complain about Pokémon being discriminative.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
  • No male Gothitelle or Gardevoir, please. Also, the thought of female Beartics, Emboars, and Stoutlands gives me nightmares of bearded ladies at circus sideshows.

@Gothitelle
    Really, HYDREIGON is feminine? It can be both genders, for good reason. Any of the "monster" Pokemon (Tyranitar, Hydreigon, Garchomp, etc...) are both-gender Pokemon. Hydreigon is an evil hydra thing that doesn't look like a particular gender.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Well, the really obvious ones would be Gardevoir, Gothitelle, Lopunny, and the bunch of Fighting-types mentioned on the first page, but I think that Heatran should be a fixed gender or genderless. It doesn't looks that feminine at all, and, to me, legendary Pokémon should be genderless - I'd gotten used to them being so.

EDIT: And, also, why can Braviary only be male? If the feathers near its head on the sprites were lengthened, it would look fine as a female.

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
    Years
  • Vullaby

And, also, why can Braviary only be male? If the feathers near its head on the sprites were lengthened, it would look fine as a female.
    Well, you do have a point, I wonder... Actually, if it makes you feel better, Vullaby and Mandibuzz can only be female. They are technically the Braviary's female counter-parts.

On a different note: Why can KINGler, SlaKING, and SeaKING be female? Just the fact of having king in their name makes it sound weird to be female.

IceyHaruka

What a Kid... =.=
    Years
  • i think minccino should not be a male because of their adorable looks

i think minccino should not have a male gender cause of their adorable looks

Last edited:

Rinzler

Joichiro Nishi <3
    Years
  • Lopunny. Male Lopunny is just...unf.
    And Conkledurr (sp?). Female Conkledurrs just scare the bajeebies out of me.

Years
  • No male Gothitelle or Gardevoir, please. Also, the thought of female Beartics, Emboars, and Stoutlands gives me nightmares of bearded ladies at circus sideshows.

@Gothitelle
    Really, HYDREIGON is feminine? It can be both genders, for good reason. Any of the "monster" Pokemon (Tyranitar, Hydreigon, Garchomp, etc...) are both-gender Pokemon. Hydreigon is an evil hydra thing that doesn't look like a particular gender.

I agree with Elgyem, Gothitelle just doesn't look "male" at all. When I play Black I'll get a female for sure!

Beartic looks both-gender to me.

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
    Years
  • I agree with Elgyem as well. But, I also agree with Hikari. Beartic looks fine to be both genders. Oh, and one other thing. Druddigon shouldn't be able to be female.

Years
  • @Gothitelle

Hydregon does have a dainty, girlish appearance if you look at it. I mean the color sceme and the charm gives it away :p

smithtism

Blank
    Years
  • According to the Pokemon White Pokedex entry on Trubbish:
    The combination of garbage bags and industrial waste caused the chemical reaction that created this Pokémon.

What I want to know is how a Pokemon that mutated from pure garbage can POSSIBLY have any gender at all. Trubbish and Garbodor having genders is a sheer abomination to nature, and I would imagine that breeding them with any other Pokemon could make them severely sick.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back