• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon that need BUFFS

ChocolateDream

Hey, I am currently working on a pokemon rom hack and would like to see which pokemon should get stronger. Specifically pokemon from gen 1-3 and maybe 4 as this rom hack is using firered but who knows. If you are going to suggest may you please leave the stats that you imagine on the pokemon. Ledian has been the only one Iv'e changed so far leave me a suggestion and I also wouldn't mind changing the types of pokemon but thats on a different thread of mine you can check. Have fun.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    I've always wanted Traunt removed from Slaking.

It goes just with the design and concept of Pokémon, it is also a way to balance Slaking, as it is too powerful. If you use Skill Swap you can change the ability, you know?

Years
    • Seen today
    It goes just with the design and concept of Pokémon, it is also a way to balance Slaking, as it is too powerful. If you use Skill Swap you can change the ability, you know?

Slaking can't learn skill swap. You could switch his ability with a partner in double battle, but that's very situational.

I disagree with it being too powerful. Many stronger Pokemon exist now. It could be considered too powerful for something that comes early in the game, but that could easily be fixed by making it obtainable late, or having it evolve at a later level. Truant really isn't necessary. If you wanted to go even further with balancing it, Slaking could receive another ability that only has an effect outside of battle.

ChocolateDream

I like the idea of giving Slaking skill swap as he still has his weakness but now can deal with it better. I don't want to disrupt Slaking's ability since without it to me would make it to powerful for the game but I'm not to big in the competitive scene.

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    Yeah, make him learn Skill Swap is a good idea. He will still be "balanceated" and can be free of his horrible ability
    But maybe Butterfree can have an buff, or meganium, plusle and minun, and possibly noctowl

Last edited:

ChocolateDream

I think all those pokemon deserve buffs, they definitely deserve more power to them. I've already raised the stats of Butterfree by making it more powerful in it's special attack.

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    maybe noctowl with higher sp. atk, sp. def, hp and speed stats will help it. access to better normal, flying, fight, psychic and even fire moves will help it as well.
    you maybe want to buff dunsparce, having more speed, attack, defense and hp, better moves and maybe, an extra type, like ground?

ChocolateDream

Oh don't worry. I've got the the best idea for a dunsparce ;).

noa

sleeping cutie
    Years
  • Spinda and Castform need actual stat spreads and both need to be a bit faster
    They're both incredibly cute and fun to use but they just don't cut it competitively. :( Spinda not being able to take complete advantage of contrary superpower is heartbreaking

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2021
    I say Maybe Buff Mawile & Sableye, They Have BST's Of 380, Sableye Could Be A Special Defensive BEAST, And Mawile Physical Defence BEAST.

Years
  • I love Mawile and am so sad they took away its mega. Ah well. :( Right now one I can think of, other than extremely obvious ones like Ledian and Dunsparce, would be Mightyena. Maybe an evolution like Linoone would be cool!

Years
    • Seen today
    Second post because it's been over two years.

I would buff Spritomb. That 50 HP stat hurts it so much.

Years
  • i've always thought ariados either deserves an evolution or buff of some sort. u__u the poor spider's stats are just... so lacking.

Years
  • Beldum would be a pretty bad starter; check out its level-up moveset. :P

I feel like Electric types are a safe bet. Electric feels like one of the "traditional" elements and they don't have OP resistances in the early game. Pikachu in RBY (Though it should learn Double Kick/Iron Tail for obvious reasons), Mareep in GSC, Electrike in RSE, Shinx in DPPl, and so on.

A berserk mode blissey would be cool.

Second post because it's been over two years.

I would buff Spritomb. That 50 HP stat hurts it so much.

Ya I like Spiritomb too! But ya the hp makes it weak

Last edited by a moderator:
    Back