• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon that should have a secondary/replacement type

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
Years
  • Hmm yeah, exactaly what the title says. So which pokemon do you think should have a secondary type and/or a replacement type?

I personally think that Ninetails should be a fire/psychic or a fire/ghost type. It can live up to a thousand years, so that fact alone should give it a second type. Also it could make up for its movepool.
    Pokemon that should have a secondary/replacement type

Its shiny sprite would be even more awesome if it was a fire/ghost type.

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
    Years
    • Age 32
    • They/Them
    • UK
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    I guess if I had to say anything, I would say Mudkip needs to be a Water/Ground type likes it's evolved forms. It's sort of bothered me when I pit one against an Electric type and then remember that it doesn't unlike Marshtomp and Swampert.

Ayselipera

I'd name a bunch of obvious ones, but then I'd feel like I'd be stealing from everyone so I'll just name one that's always confused me for the longest time. :D

Which is Porygon! I swore for the longest time that Porygon was a psychic type. I mean everything points to it being one so I don't see why it wound up as a normal type. The fact that it's technically a robot makes me think psychic and then on top of that it can learn a few psychic moves through level up. I guess in the end being a normal type sort of works out better for it... I really don't know. It's just always been a really confusing typing for me. Even if it was a normal/psychic type I would be satisfied. That would make so much more sense. :( I always let it slide though, since Porygon is absolutely adorable. :3

Years
  • I wouldve always thought that Seviper would be part dark, just because of the way it looks.

I agree with Ayselipera that porygon could have been easily mistaken as a psychic type, i know i have when i first started playing the game.

And sudowoodo to have been Rock/Grass type

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Dunsparce needs to be a Ground Pokemon. It doesn't look like a Normal Pokemon to me. Flygon should be Bug/Dragon because it looks like a bug and a dragon.

HiroUey

Pokemon Master of Masters!
    Years
  • Im surprised no one said Gyarados yet, when i see a topic like this, this is the first pokemon that comes to mind, it should be a Water/Dragon Type, Dont know where Flying came from. I also agree with Ninetails being a part Psychic or Ghost Type.

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    Psyduck and golduck, I always thought that it seemed more natural for it to be part psychic. I don't know why they didn't, would it be too strong if it was part psychic? Though they aren't that impressive as they are now. I mean part of what makes these pokemon what they are is that they use psychic powers, it's even in their pokedex entries.

Zhinc

a Dark-type trainer
    Years
  • I second that Gyarados should be part dragon instead of part flying. I mean, I get why it's flying (because dragon was just too powerful back in generation 1, similar to why Charizard isn't part dragon), but it totally is part Dragon. I mean, Lance has one, for goodness sake. It's totally a dragon. (:

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • I second that Gyarados should be part dragon instead of part flying. I mean, I get why it's flying (because dragon was just too powerful back in generation 1, similar to why Charizard isn't part dragon), but it totally is part Dragon. I mean, Lance has one, for goodness sake. It's totally a dragon. (:
    It would make Gyarados even more powerful I guess xD strangely Gyarados is part flying, but cannot learn fly. Although it is able to learn Bounce.

Hypno

OT: Eggaro
    Years
  • I would have to say the Porygon line as well, but more like Psychic/Electric instead of just normal.

Chisswarrior

Grand Admiral
    Years
  • Not that it would have mattered or anything, but Volbeat should have been Bug/Electric. Its a friggin lightning bug. Makes perfect sense, but noooooo....

And Luxray needed to be dark type. Most definitely

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • I think Accelgor should be Bug and Ghost. I thought it was a ghost pokemon until I looked it up on Serebii. It doesn't even look like a bug, with or without a shell.

Scorpio219

PM me for custom banners
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2013
    the whole gen 5 electric eel family should be water/electric type it pisses me off so much! how do they levitate, really!

my top picks are:
    Noctowl- should be psychic/flying it learns many psychic moves
    Trokoal- i thought it was Rock/fire like magcargo for years
    Masquerain- i feel it should be bug/water since ther isnt that mix yet with levitate
    Seviper- i thought it was dark/poison for the longest time and it's color matches
    reuniclus- (the gen 5 germ looking thing) i thought it was ghost/psychic originally.
    absol- should be normal/dark to fit the ying yang theme of it.
    mabey Granbull with Normal/fighting mix
    Then the ones already said- gyarados, golduck, accelgor, and flygon.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • i thought stantler could've been part psychic/ghost.
    and milotic coulda been part psychic

Cooker

As free as my hair
    Years
  • I always thought that Poliwag and Poliwhirl were part Psychic since their design is all hypnotic and whatnot, and I don't really see why Poliwrath is fighting, it could easily be a Psychic type too. And why is Azurill Normal type..?

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Pokemon that should have a secondary/replacement type

Jaroda as Grass/Dragon (and I don't care about the "starters can't be Dragon-type!" deal. If we can have a Steel-type starter, we can have a Dragon-type one as well!).
    I'm still bugged about that. I'd like to see every current dual-type combination fulfilled one day, and I really wonder how Game Freak is going to pull off an awesome-looking Grass/Dragon Pokemon that doesn't imitate Jaroda. :\

Back