• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon that you despise the most.

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
    Years
    Most of the Pokemon I hate are ones the rest of the world apparently loves:
    -Lucario: Hated him ever since I saw the movie trailer of Lucario & The Mystery of Mew (Spoiler Alert: there is no mystery).
    -Talonflame: Do I really need to explain this one? Try competitive battling for only two seconds and you'll see what I'm talking about.
    -Heracross: This is more child-trauma-related hate more than anything. Gary's Heracross in FR/LG was eeeviil!
    -Croagunk: Didn't see much of the Sinnoh anime, but the few episodes I saw had Croagunk being a jerk to Brock and we were supposed to find it funny. Toxicroak I have absolutely no problem with.
    -Farfetch'd: Also because of an anime episode where a trainer with a Fartfetch'd was being a jerk to everyone and got zero retribution in the end.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    bronzor/bronzong: crappy offensive stats + great defensive stats = loooong battles...
    purugly: overall really annoying to fight
    garchomp: play pokemon pearl elite four and you see what I mean
    buizel: very annoying to fight, accounted for 2/3 of my nuzlocke deaths (that was my fault, though. maybe geodudes shouldn't have been fighting them)
    cascoon: try getting a silcoon and having the first 6 wurmples evolve into a cascoon. dustox is also pretty crappy tbh.
    vespiquen (used to, not anymore): any bug/flying type that can survive 20 sparks (in counting... counting PP) and still manage to ko the opponent (luxray...) is just... yea

pokemon people hate but I don't:

bibarrel: actually learns good moves early and good HM slave. yes, I like bibarrel.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I've never liked Pikachu, mainly cause when I was a kid, that's all everyone liked. My first card was Eevee, so my attention went there. I didn't like Pikachu in the anime either. But Eevee is super popular still as well, so idk.

Carnivine's design just...bothers me. I don't know what about it specifically I dislike, but something about it.

Lickilicky is next. I hate the name mainly. If they had given it ANY other name, I'd be okay with it, but no. They named it something you can't really say out loud. Like if you're talking to someone in a cafe or whatever about Pokemon, and this guy comes up, you just need to say, "the evolution of Lickitung" because if you say "Lickilicky" out in public and people overhear you, you're gonna get some looks. I'll never forget when my friend asked me out loud on the bus to trade him one. THANKS.

Bunnelby makes the list, mainly cause I'm tired of getting them over Wonder Trade. Buttholes.

The real **** biscuit I dislike the most (yes, something managed to surpass Pikachu after all these years) is Zebstrika. Love the design. But such a great design led to a great disappointment. Everyone was excited to get a cool looking Electric zebra in Black and White, but no. It failed to prove itself. At first, I thought it was just me, but I found that a lot of people were disappointed with it. And don't get me started about its obnoxious cry. Ugh.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Just quickly moving this over to Pokémon Voting Polls since it fits better there ;)

-moved

Years
    This is my short list:
    Jynx: when i was child it was terrifyng
    Wobbufet: A non sense pokemon
    Trubbish/Garbodor: It is a Pokemon?
    Rattata: I dont hate it, but when i encounter one of them yes i hate it...
    Lucario: i simply dont like it

*Riolu Master*

The Aura Within
    Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2016
    Alright.. I'm not trying to offend Canada or anything but simply hate Bidoof. I hate his design, his move set... and... and.... his evolution. That just really gives me the chills.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    For me, it'd have to be Blissey. It may be fun to use them in battle, but when you're going up against one, it could be quite a pain. Their HP are extremely high, and they could recover themselves any time they need to pretty easily with Softboiled and Aromatherapy. Their defenses are high, too, which make them even more deadly.

omg thisthisthisTHIS. Especially in battle. Blissey is my numero uno threat. It's too bulky and hard to beat with the Pokemon I use. >_<

Years
    I despise Pokemon in the wild that spam status inflicting moves and recovery moves. Specifically, Volbeat and Illumise. I was training my Pokemon and everytime I would run into those two, they would confuse me. I keep hitting myself in confusion and when I do get a hit off, they use Moonlight!

Years
    Alright.. I'm not trying to offend Canada or anything but simply hate Bidoof. I hate his design, his move set... and... and.... his evolution. That just really gives me the chills.
    As a Canadian, I couldn't be more offended. No one's allowed to hate on our national Pokemon!

As for myself, I can't stand Roggenrola and Probopass. Both are my least favorite type (Rock), and Probopass has one of my least favorite Pokemon designs ever. As for Roggenrola, it has a really weak name, an even weaker design, and it has Sturdy, so battling it is always a chore.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I really hate Kuyrem due to how underpowered it is and how it managed to ruin two of the few good generation 5 designs.

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
    Years
    I dislike most of the normal type pokemon...But the one I dislike the most is Zygarde. The thing is really ugly and just looks out of place in Pokemon xD

Years
    Wobbuffet, only when encountering it though. It never lets me escape when I'm trying to rush through the dungeon trying to get to a destination. Meowth I've never taken a liking to either, probably because I'm not a cat person. Jynx is another because quite frankly, it scares me.

Garison

The Grey Waves
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2017
    I do not want to offend anyone but because of my religion ii really do not like the psycic type. Do not ask me why.

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2014
    Smeargle, let me put a little background on why:
    So on X I catch a Technician!Timid!Smeargle; I super train completely on Attack and make exp-share it so the EVs will cash in. I sketch Tackle into it.

Tackle normally has 50BP, with Technician it becomes 100, with STAB, 150, that's the same BP as Hyper Beam and Giga Impact without STAB. I use it and deals ... near to nothing, but the worst part is, it's fully evolved so it should have decent stats but in a tentative of balancing it the game people made it too bad - much like Regigias.

So I despise it because it had so much potential, that was promptly killed by Game Freak.

Last edited:
    Back