• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Trainer Academy

New2

<--- Your squishy doom.
Years
  • Andy observed her Pokemon. He had to admit, they looked pretty tough. He sent out Edges and Crimson. "My Torchic is named Crimson, and my Chobomaki is named Edges. Edges is kind of shy... but Crimson is a ham. Feel free to pet him." he said as Crimson began to nibble on his beat up shoes. Andy scooped Crimson up, and he let out a "Tooorrrchh!" of approval.

He began to think about how he had kept Crimson from evolving for a while. "Don't let him evolve until he can show you a decent Flamethrower. Mildred had said. He snapped back to reality, and began to talk about Squishy, his Maggyo. "I didn't send out Squishy, my Maggyo, because... once you get him out of the Pokeball, you can't get him back in. I didn't have to use him during the exam... it doesn't really have to do with him, really, I guess he just doesn't like being kept in a Pokeball. Sometimes its just more convenient for all of them to stay in. You get what I mean, right?" He laughed a little, nervously.

He glanced out at the ocean, and began to see that the Academy had began to come into view. "Hey, look!" he gestured at the island, as people began to crow around the railing.

OOC: I won't be on until 3 hours from now. Just thought I'd let you know.

Zamorak

Well, i'm back =P
    Years
  • OOC: Kk, i'll smoothly draw myself out of the conversation with a simple "well, hope to see you later" then go on to my next subject victim acquaintance.

IC:
    Chell looked at the Torchic and Chobomaki as Chris explained about his last Pokemon not wanting to stay in its ball. "I get that, sometimes I have trouble keeping them in their Pokeballs, although normally they listen, normally" she said, realizing that she had spent most of the trip talking to Andy. She wanted to meet more people, although it had been enjoyable talking to Andy, "i'm gonna around and introduce myself to some more people while we have a chance, but its been nice talking to you". she said cheerfully as he returned Spike and Stone to their Pokeballs. She gave a short wave and then headed off towards a new group of people.

OOC: I've decided to drop in on 649 and Curious's conversation, that ok with you two? If not then just ignore this second part and i'll just have Chell wander the ship until we reach the academy.

IC:

Chell spotted two people talking, one a guy with blonde hair who had been chasing a swablu, the other was a girl with black hair who seemed a little lost in thought. Chell started heading towards them, acutely aware that she was normally not this social, she attributed her newfound sociality to excitement over the trainer academy. "Hi, I don't mean to butt in but i'm trying to get to know people i'll be attending the Academy with" she realized that she was sounding a little defensive, "anyways my name is Chell, and I was wondering if it was ok if I joined your conversation?" she said nervously, quite aware that her own solidity was now beginning to surpassing her burst of social outwardness.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • "Oh hello Chell" Nathan said. "Nice to meet you." "This is Lulu but don't mind her, she's too deep in her train of thought at the moment." "Oh I have an idea" Nathan informed Chell. "Why don't we check out the Trainer Academy?" "It seems it is in view.?" "Ill meet you there." And before Chell could reply Nathan had already started travelling towards the rails.

As the rush to the rails of the boat emerged Nathan wanted to get a top view of the Trainer Academy. "Come one swablu" he called; "Let's go check out the Trainer Academy!". Swablu quickly glanced up at Nathan and nodded. She flew straight onto his shoulder. "Cya around Lulu and Chell." Nathan said, but she didin't reply. Nathan assumed Lulu was to deep on her train of thought and Chell was too busy trying to get through to her.

Nathan quickly made his way to the rails of the boat. As soon as he saw the shape of the Academy he was amazed. It was huge! Nathan shivered. "Brrr; that ocean breeze is sure cold isn't swablu." But swablu wasn't there. It'd left him again! Nathan grabed swablu's pokeball, then he noticed one of Swablu's cloud-like feather stuck in between the openage hatch of the pokeball. That's when he knew swablu had gone inside it. Nathan chuckled. "Haha; poor swablu, it's doesn't like the cold."

"Blop" "Huh" Nathan wondered. "What was that?" he looked below him to see that his neclace was glowing once again and this time it was spinning! On and on the necklace went, round and round and round until it finally came to an unexpected halt. It seemed to be pointing to the trainer academy, as if it was telling Nathan something. Nathan just scooped it up and didn't think a second thought about it. Perhaps he was just tired after the long trip. "Yes that's all, nothing to worry about." Nathan reassured himself.

As Nathan once again looked over the sea, he thought that Trainer Academy can be a fresh start of his new life, and the ending to his old one. A new begginning, to find answers and new problems to face. But his train of though was interupted by a thump. A thump right into the back of his chest. "Who could that be?" He curiously muttered.

Last edited:

MeerFall

Strong, Competitive, Cool!
    Years
  • "hi-" she said to this nice boy before she fell over due to another boy. her eevee and riolu were angered due to this and tried to attack the boy! luckly the girl grabbed her eevee and returned her riolu before they can do anything! "sorry" Alix said before running off the boat with everyone else. she saw this huge building, which looked like the one on the leaflet. "it looks bigger then the one on the leaflet" eevee growled "eeeeeeeeee" which proberly means 'keep your mouth shut about it' and so Alix did! she looked behind her to see if that boy that bumped into her, is going to hurt her!

Years
  • Steven ran after the girl who had just introduced herself to him. He had been daydreaming and was angry at himself about it. He ran over to where she stood and tapped her on the shoulder.

"Hi" he said "My name is Steven, Steven Legend. Sorry I ignored you back there, it's just that I was daydreaming about this place, that's all, it's just such an amazing place." he said, gazing at the structure that was the academy.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • As soon as Nathan had seen the stampede of people getting off the boat he knew that they had arrived at Trainer Academy. A deep fiery feeling burned inside of him, he knew what it was. Not the strange yet precious necklace, but his fiery passion to be the best and beat the best to get there.

"Come one out guys." Nathan yelled, sending out his tranpich and swablu. Swablu looked around cautiously, watching out for any cold breezes that would shiver through her cloudy wings. "Don't worry swablu, there might e cold breezes but come under my hood and you'll be warm. "Swaaablu" Swablu gave Nathan a yell of approval as she swiftly squeezed into his hoody, with her eyes and beak poking out from the top part of the hood. "You'll be fine trapich." Nathan said. "You're a mighty tough pokemon!" Trapich was delighted to hear Nathan say that.

As they walked furhter into the isalnd, Nathan realised he never met Chell at the rails of the boat. He quickly shook that thought away and assured himself that he'd catch up with her when he had the chance. She seemed nice, he was sure she'd understand. His back wasn't stinging so much after that spontaneous bump. Nathan forogt all about it because of the comotion and drama that was happening in the present. "Now what?" Nathan asked himself. "What are we suposed to do next?" "I know, let's go have some fun guys." ...

"I'm gonna start a battle." Nathan face was full of focus and determination as he was waiting for the perfect oppponent to start the first battle of Trainer Academy that year.

The Lord of Smug
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Oct 17, 2013
    Lulu closed her eyes... These trainers were really friendly. That one earlier even told her that he was normally a shy person. If they were willing to talk to her, then she thought she probably should do the same, and talk to others. Then a shout arose, which startled her. "WAHOOO!!! Look! It's the Trainer Academy!" Lulu looked towards the bow, and sure enough, there was the Trainer Academy. Lulu decided that all of her pokemon had to see this... So she sent out her last pokemon, Willpower the Darumaka. Willpower was always hyper, and could not focus on anything else, but he did run to the front, just to see what the commotion was. Lulu struggled to keep up with Willpower, but Willpower was surprisingly agile, running between the trainers, dodging every which way. Eventually, Willpower jumped on the bow. Lulu saw him. "No, Willpower, don't! You'll fall!" Willpower, however, turned around, and gave a huge smile. He was really excited to be going to Trainer Academy. Lulu was still very nervous. What if she was really weak? Everybody around here was much stronger than her, after all... No. She didn't know that for sure... Besides, she was in Lightning Zapdos, it would be fine. That did not calm her down, and she was really anxious by that time. Then one of the trainers rushed to the bow, and Lulu watched as that trainer accidentally knocked off Willpower. Lulu screamed. She ran to the bow, ignoring all the other trainers. She looked down, and saw her Willpower riding her Focus. It had seemed that Focus had caught Willpower. The both of them were smiling hugely, and, by her side, Teamwork were all smiling, too... Only the middle egg looked up at her, the others looked every which way. Then the trainers clamored around her, apparently concerned for the Darumaka. "...umm... Everybody... He's fine. He's riding my Seadra, see? ... no problem ..."

Years
  • "Well" said Steven "It aint gonna be with me. Well, not yet anyway, you see, I like to analyse peoples battle strategies and see the way they play the game. My name is Steven by the way, Steven Legend, nice to meet you. I hope that I can battle you some time in the future, but until then, I'll see you around the academy."

Steven turned around and joined the line of eager trainers scurrying off of the boat and onto the island. Steven made his way down the warf, and towards the front doors of the academy, where he waited for the others who he had left on the boat to join him. He didn't know why he had left them behind, perhaps it had been so that he wouldn't become distracted when he arrived.

for him.

I'm trash.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    Mel wheeled her way off the ship, away from the rest of the trainers. She had a separate ramp all to herself because she was paralyzed. Andy, her Wartortole, was standing nervously beside her as he held one of the arms of the wheelchair.

"So you're nervous too?" Mel asked Andy.

He nodded in reply while Mel smiled, "We'll be fine."

Mel, however, didn't let Andy see how excited/nervous she was, gripping the other arm of her wheelchair for a moment.

Last edited:

MeerFall

Strong, Competitive, Cool!
    Years
  • Alix was looking at the Darumaka, and smiled. "thats good" she looked at lulu nevously and said "em... I'm Alix Tiger its nice to meet you" she held up her eevee. "this is my eevee! he was my first pokemon! say hi eevee" she shouted, eevee gave a low growl "eeeeeeeee" to Alix before facing lulu and saying "eev"

Zamorak

Well, i'm back =P
    Years
  • OOC: Sorry, fell asleep while using my laptop, stupid time differences[it was like, one thirty in the morning]

IC:

Chell looked at the guy who had just introduced Lulu, but had failed to remember to supply his own name before rushing to the front of the ship for a good look at the academy. Not too long after the guy had left a shout came that they were their, "Were their already? Well... I hope we can talk later Lulu" she said heading towards the ramp. She let all her Pokemon out for the short trip from the boat to the Academy doors. She picked up Stone and sat her on her right shoulder but she left Spike on the ground because she knew he hated getting picked up. Sea was happy enough just to be out of her ball and so was careful to stay next to Chell in hopes of making Chell more forgiving in case she did something bad again.

Silent the Lucario

Novice Mapper
    Years
  • OOC: It already started o_O curse the scrapbox!

Silent mostly kept to him self at the front of the ship. His Crocanaw played in the water while his pidgeotto just followed the boat while conversing with some mamepatos. He wondered what everyone was doing but he din't want to go. So he just looked at the sea waiting for someone to cure him of his boredom.

The Lord of Smug
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Oct 17, 2013
    She looked at this girl for a long time, studying her, and finally replied, "...I'm Lulu." Remembering her tip, she added, "...your Eevee looks cool..." Good. It seemed she had opened up a bit more... Mom will be happy. Then all the trainers started rushing to the stairs! They've arrived! Lulu was actually pretty excited to be at the school, finally... She turned back to Alix, and said, "...see ya..." She recalled Teamwork, ran down to the beach, to the sea, and recalled Focus. Willpower, though, was MIA. She ran around, looking for the naughty Darumaka. She finally found it, frolicking with the other trainers. Fearing of shame and embarrassment, she ran over to where it was, and recalled it. "...umm... I'm so sorry... Did I cause any trouble?..." and looked at the ground. She looked around for a bit, and saw a rowdy trainer trying to initiate a battle. Oh dear... She desperately hoped she wouldn't have to battle. She didn't feel up to it...

New2

<--- Your squishy doom.
    Years
  • The boat had finally docked!

It was about time! Andy pushed toward the front of the crowd, but eventually couldn't get any further to the front. When the doors to the ship were unhatched and the landing was secured, there was a mad dash. Immediately, the faster Trainers paced forward, including Andy. They pushed past people in a wild effort to get to the shut steel door that would let them in to a ceremony? A party? An orientation? Andy couldn't remember with the adrenaline pumping through his veins.

Andy picked up a burst of speed as his Torchic beside him used Agility. His Torchic was quite fast. Because his Torchic started to get ahead of him, Andy felt motivated to push even harder and faster. Eventually, in the 30 second sprint, Andy made it out of the crowd and made it to the front, past all the other reckless Trainers. He had made it! With a slam against the door, Andy breathed deeply. First, as usual!

Andy then realized, to his great disappointment, that if he was first, then he was going to get pounded by all the other Trainers behind him. Andy pivoted toward the mass and braced himself as a particularly overweight Trainer charged toward him, full-speed. He can really run...

for him.

I'm trash.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    Mel was in the rush of trainers who were running as if their lives depended on it. She had found it amusing watching people just running as if the academy was going to suddenly disappear. A little while ago Mel had returned Andy in his Poke'ball because she was afraid that he would get run over.

She had seen an orange blur that passed by her and soon another blur of color had followed. Mel had guess a trainer was racing against a Pokemon using agility, since it was the only way an orange blur could pass by the mob of trainers without bumping into people.

Some trainers began to lag behind, puffing out a tired breath. (She was one of them because her arms needed a break) Mel then found herself wincing when she saw the person who must have raced all the way to the front was about to get mauled by one of the very obese trainer.

Wow, he can run...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2015
    SU Form:

Name: Jake Rockwell

House:
    Lightning Zapdos

Apperance: About 5'8", medium length dark brown hair, brown eyes, braces

Personality: Kind and caring. Sometimes overzealous at the simplest things. Uses defensive strategy when battling, but can sometimes be aggressive at times.

History: Came from a normal family. Lived on a Pokemon Ranch. Father won 7 of 8 badges in Kanto, Mother became breeder.

Pokemon 1: Poliwag
    Move-Set: Hypnosis, Bubblebeam, Doubleslap, Mud Shot

Pokemon 2: Hoothoot
    Move-Set: Zen Headbutt, Air Slash, Reflect, Confusion

Pokemon 3: Sandshrew
    Move-Set: Slash, Sand-Attack, Metal Claw, Dig

Other things to know: None

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Nathan stopped in thought. Standing there thinking; "Naaah let's get organised first guys." Nathan said soon afterwards. As Nathan looked around he saw the crowd of trainer dashing for the doors to the academy; although Nathan was excited he was surprised he hadn't done the same.

Nathan walked calmy towards the othe trainers, hoping he would spot out Chell or Lulu, but at that moment he remembered he never told Chell is name. Nathan blushed from his stupidity while trapich laughed his shell off. "Sssh Trapich, it's not funny!" Nathan desperately told Trapich; "It's embarassing, making a mistake over something that someone should do the instant they meet a new person!." Trapich didn't care to listen and kept laughing.

Ding! Nathan had a brainwave: "I know" he said, "I can get swablu to fly above everyone to find Chell or Lulu; I do hope they aren't mad." Swablu cheerfully did as Nathan asked flying high above the hundreds of heads focussed in the direction of the doors. As swablu was just about to land a disasturous blast of fire was sent t swablu, blowing it away deep into the thick forest of the island. It must've been strong. "SWABLU!" Nathan yelled. Nathan sprung instantly off his feet and straight into the forest after swablu. He was incredibly fast, dashing through thick thorny bushes and stridy thick vines, passing various grass, posion and flying pokemon; scaring them out of the bushes, trees and vines they lived in.

It has been awhile now, it has started getting dark and Nathan chances of finding swablu was getting thinner and thinner as every second past. But Nathan saw a red glow illuminating his body enabling him to see furhter than he would normally be able to. Yep; as Nathan predicted his necklace was the cause of this glow. Tons of questions flowed through his mind like a never ending stream. Nathan grabbed the string of the neclace and held it out infront of himself like a lanturn, determined to find his best friend. "I wonder if they have noticed I am missing?" "I know I am terribly late; but if it's for a companion I couldn't care less."

As more time passed, it was dark and Nathan fell to his knees, still emerssed in the illumination of the necklace he treasured. At that moment Nathan thought it was over, but then like always; things got better. He heard a small cry come from a near by bush. So of course, he hurried towards it, and to his surprise, swablu was sleeping amongst the thorns, and lookedquite uncomfortable. Nathan didn't want to wake it up so he quietly returned it to it ball.

"I missed you swablu." he calmly said to the pokeball. "I'm glad you're back."
    "B-but.." he stuttered, "It's getting cold and it's dark. How do we both get back to the Academy?"

Nathan cold and confused decided to rest in the very bush he found swablu in, collecting the small amount of warm swablu left in it place form sleeping there...

(Cue for somebody to come and save Nathan. Preferably a friend but could be someone else..)

Last edited:
    Years
  • (Can it be me? Because I was standing just outside the academy)

Steven had been standing alone outside the front of the academy. exited trainers queued up outside of the academy, all eager to go inside and begin the journey of a lifetime, as with others, they were exited to back back at the academy and just couldn't wait to return to lessons. Steven had been standing, gazing off into the distance as per usual, when he felt a tug on the leg of his pants. He looked down to see Marshtomp pulling at his leg.

"What is it Tom?" asked Steven, who would occasionally call his Marshtomp "Tom". Marshtomp pointed out in the distance, where Steven saw a boy around his age running into the forest looking a little distressed. Steven watched curiously as the boy disappeared into the line of trees, and became a little concerned when the boy didn't show up twenty minutes later. Steven decided to take matters into his own hands and took off into the forest after the boy, Marshtomp at his heels. Steven ran towards the edge of the forest and disappeared into it as quickly as he could, hoping that nobody had seen him.

Steven looked around himself, he looked further into the forest which seemed to get denser as he went in. Steven walked in the forest for ten minutes before he stopped.
    "I wonder where he went" Steven said to his Marshtomp.
    "Hey guy!" Steven yelled out "Guy from the boat! Where are you? Are you out here somewhere?"

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • (Of course, I usually do cues when I want someone to reply in a certain situation..)

Nathan shortly awoke from his nap ;which he had hoped would have been a sleep; by a voice. It seemed to sund like it was coming from somewhere nearby. He looked up, still half asleep and was frightened by an eager and worried Marshstomp. "Marsh Marsh!" it cried. It seemed to look relieved. "Ugh.." Nathan said cautiously at the Marshstomp, "Do you have a trainer?" The Marshstomp nodded and started tugging Nathan. Nathan, feeling as if the Marshtomp must be a sign of rescue he followed it. A few minutes later he was introduced to a boy. "Ugh hello" Nathan said, "Thanks for finding me." "What's you're name?"

Back