• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Trick-or-Treat House

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Pokemon Trick-or-Treat House

2022 Release
    Download: v3.0.7
    The download is a Binary Script Patch file, which can be applied easily using this web app.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Trick Master is back from his journey around the world, and this Halloween, he's bringing all the new puzzle together for one heck of a Halloween Treat! Make your way through forty different puzzles, from old classic movement-style puzzles to brand new tricks and treats never seen before in Pokemon! Collect candy! Go trick or treating! Battle against other costumed trainers! Can you make it through them all?

This is NOT a full Pokemon journey hack with all the usual trappings and plot. This is a puzzle showcase, originally developed for TwitchPlaysPokemon, and featuring submissions from the community and rebuilt puzzles from the core series. The game can probably be completed in a couple hours. The puzzles are overworld-focused, exploring the mechanics and edges of the Emerald engine. Several puzzles are submitted by community members, and more submissions are welcome for possible inclusion next year!

Features:
    • Select three starter pokemon from a random selection of twelve!
    • 40 different puzzles, ranging from mazes to battle gauntlets to logic puzzles. Several are community submitted!
    • Candy is everywhere! Pokemon drop candy and items! Every rock and tree could be hiding some candy!
    • Over 40 types of candy to find scattered everywhere, featuring various use and hold effects, some never seen before.
    • There's a mysterious Trick Mistress vying for making the best puzzle possible, and she's asking for your help!
    • Now with Pokemon up through gen 8 thanks to the RHH pokeemerald Expansion!
    • How fast can you go? Features an in-game per-puzzle timer!
    • How random do you want it? Several puzzles have randomized elements, which can be turned off in Half-Moon mode!
    • Which costume are you wearing? Mudkid, sported by our boy Brendan? Torchick, worn by our girl May? Or Treekid, donned by our enby buddy Alex?

Screenshots:

Known bugs:
    Spoiler:

Special thanks to the PRET and the RHH community. The hack itself contains many thanks and shoutouts.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2024
    i think you uploaded the patch wrong? it's bsp instead of bps, and renaming it doesn't seem to work.

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    i think you uploaded the patch wrong? it's bsp instead of bps, and renaming it doesn't seem to work.

Ah, this must be what that other user on discord was talking about, being confused as to why his patching tools weren't working. No, it's not bps, it is bsp for Binary Script Patching. I guess it's not as widely used as I thought, but it's supposed to be very versatile. You can apply it to a pokeemerald ROM using this web app, which is what I usually use: https://aaaaaa123456789.github.io/bsp/

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    Fire hack, it's really well done and the main cast of character all feel very alive, unique and believable. There is just one problem/bug? I have with the hack so far. At the very end of the game
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Fire hack, it's really well done and the main cast of character all feel very alive, unique and believable. There is just one problem/bug? I have with the hack so far. At the very end of the game
    Spoiler:

Thanks!

And yes, that is a big game-breaking bug that should be fixed in the latest patch (link in the OP is updated). The save should continue to be compatible and the bug will fix itself when you reset the puzzle again. It's something I should have caught in testing the reset mechanic, so apologies for that.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    I like short (even though 8 hours without speedups isn't that short) and puzzle-oriented hacks so that was a real treat for me (pun intended) !
    The characters and references here and there really add to the ambience and the charm of the game and the random batch of 12 Pokémon at the start gives the hack some replay value. I also like the fact that you're limited to 3 Pokémon and don't get exp from battles, makes the battles engaging while keeping the game fair.
    Spoiler:

Besides that, I was really impressed by the quality of the hack and the amount of things you can do with the Emerald engine. I highly recommend this to anyone and shoutouts to all the people involved in the project, you guys did some nice work.

Last edited:
    Days
  • It sounds like "The Trick Master's Halloween Treat" is a creative and unique Pokémon fan game that focuses on puzzles and challenges rather than the typical Pokémon journey experience. Here's a breakdown of the features and elements you mentioned:

1. Puzzle Showcase: The game serves as a showcase for a variety of puzzles, from classic movement puzzles to new tricks and treats. It's designed for short playthroughs, making it a great fit for a Halloween-themed game.

2. Starter Pokémon Selection: Players can choose three starter Pokémon from a random pool of twelve, adding an element of randomness and surprise to the game.

3. 40 Different Puzzles: There are 40 puzzles to solve, including mazes, battle gauntlets, and logic puzzles. Some of these puzzles are created by the community, which adds an element of collaboration to the game.

4. Candy Collecting: Candy is a central theme, and players can find it scattered throughout the game world. The candy has various effects, adding an extra layer of strategy and exploration to the gameplay.

5. Trick Mistress: There's a mysterious character known as the Trick Mistress who is involved in the puzzle-making process and seeks input from players. This adds an interactive and community-driven aspect to the game.

6. Pokémon up to Gen 8: The game includes Pokémon from up to Generation 8, which allows for a wide variety of Pokémon to encounter and collect.

7. In-Game Timer: Players can challenge themselves by attempting to complete puzzles as quickly as possible, thanks to an in-game timer.

8. Randomized Elements: Some puzzles have randomized elements, adding replayability and variety to the game. These elements can be toggled on or off, allowing players to customize their experience.

9. Costume Selection: Players can choose between different costumes for their character, including Mudkid, Torchick, and Treekid. This adds a fun cosmetic aspect to the game.

Overall, "The Trick Master's Halloween Treat" seems like a fun and engaging Pokémon fan game that offers a different gameplay experience compared to traditional Pokémon games. The focus on puzzles and community involvement makes it a unique addition to the Pokémon fan game community.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hey, I know I'm playing this wayyyy out of season and over a year since it was last touched, but this is a really fun hack! Although, I was hoping someone could tell me if friendship is broken or intentionally left static. I used a Return TM on a Combusken and it gets middling damage after an amount of grinding and items that I'd expect to raise it to a reasonable extent, and one of my other starters was a Snom so it would be nice to know if I can evolve it.

Back