• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon - Wally Quest! (Version 1.1 - 15/04/23)

cazza

Mr. Pokémon
Years
  • Hello, thank you! May I know where the soft lock and errors happened?

Sorry, just getting round to this!

It's been a while so I don't remember exact details but I'll do my best.

The softlock was in the cave to the left of Petalburg, north of Dewford with the Regice (?) I defeated one of the trainers in the double battle but wiped to the other, saved before entering again and I couldn't start the battle again or talk to Glacia, but I could repeatedly fight the Regice. (This was when I seen there was a new patch so maybe already fixed?)

Any of the custom events that had evil team member be somewhere they're usually not (Sky Pillar, some caves) they would stay there for the entire game, never interrupted gameplay so wasn't a huge issue.

In the Champion fight all my pokemon had graphical glitches when taking damage related to their HP bar. Staying at full HP, negative HP, etc. I was damage calcing and it seemed the game did interpet everything correctly just couldn't visualise it correctly for some reason.

This wasn't as detailed as it needed to be so sorry about that, but hope it helps!

Days
    • Seen May 28, 2023
    Hello, I'm trying to finish the game with Wally's original team, but I can't find some of the Pokemon; like Magneton. Does exist any doc with the Pokemon locations?

Days
    • Seen May 29, 2023
    I'm in verandanturf town and defeated the grunt that stole the device but can't seem to progress, I've watched walkthroughs and I think I've done everything but the person that the device was stolen from isn't there

Days
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Oke so i found bug where i stuck ini ship i fight all trainer and sleep couple of time and IM stuck pls help me

Days
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    Is there a list with the locations of TMs? I have been looking for rain dance everywhere like an idiot.

Days
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Hey Sofie the creator of pokemon Wally quest i want ask just 3 question
    1 do you think of having discord for report bugs request and etc.
    2 can add have ability capsule or ability patch
    3 love the game i give it 8/10 but why you make pokemon Wally quest and where you Got the ides from

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2023
    Im curious, is there sidequests or such that get you Wally's canon pokemon like Roserade, Altaria, Delcatty, etc etc?

Days
    • Seen Dec 20, 2023
    Hello I cannot evolve my tyrunt he's level 42 and should have evolved 3 levels ago please help Ik Ik super late but…

Days
    • Seen Jan 8, 2024
    Hey, I have Celebi as the first in my party, but Dialga won't spawn in Origin Cave. I already have Palkia and Giratina. Have I glitched it? The only reason I can think of as to why he's no longer spawning is that I moved when he was supposed to spawn.

lweege

Lweegiel
    Years
  • 15/04/23: Version 1.1
    Pokemon - Wally Quest! (Version 1.1 - 15/04/23)
    General Changelog
    Spoiler:

Introduction
    Hello, this is my first ROMhack attempt, a simple, plot-centric game based on RHH's battle engine. The story is based on Emerald and ORAS, with additions into the main plotline, a new rival/antagonist, sidequests and post-game episodes. There is also a bit of a catch-them-all subtheme.
    Play as Wally, go out and explore Hoenn, make friends and save the world!

Plot
    This ROMhack is an alternate reality with Wally as the protagonist.
    • Longer pre-E4 plot up to lv85
    • Additional rival/antagonist
    • Delta and other post-game "episodes"
    • Additional side "quests", mostly to unlock other Pokemon
    • Various adjusted NPC dialogue, e.g. daily egg and berry givers, Professors

Some interpretations based on questions from the mainstream games:
    • What if Maxie and Archie had used the correct Orbs?
    • What did Wally's dad want to tell Wally after the 5th Gym?

Features
    • RHH's Battle-Engine features, such as physical/special split, Mega Evolution, Z-Moves etc
    • All Pokemon, movesets, TMs and Move Tutors up to Gen VII, up to and including Melmetal
    • More double battles. Gym Leader and E4 rematches, as well as some boss fights will be doubles
    • All Pokemon have "perfect IVs"
    • NPC opponents have EVs
    • Gym Guides offer "battles" for fast leveling
    • EV-training NPCs: Unlockable through side events
    • EVs used as Contest conditions
    • Ability changer in Devon after 5th badge
    • Soft level cap
    • Other various QoL improvements

Screenshots

Additional information
    The main Pokemon changes are regarding evolution. Was/am working on an alternate patch with type/stat/move/ability changes, but decided to keep it simple first.

This isn't a difficulty hack, but there are attempts to raise the difficulty like NPCs having EVs, soft level cap, some AI changes, specifically-setup battles

Tested on mGBA-0.9.3 and VBA-M only on Windows desktop, MyBoy on Android.

Patches are in UPS format.

Warnings
    This game has unkind re-interpretations of the antagonists (existing Pokemon characters).
    While I believe I've avoided sensitive content, some antagonists' dialogue are intended to irk/may be inappropriate to others
    Some creepypasta are referenced.
    The story is dark at times

Credits
    Spoiler:

Feedback appreciated (bugs, suggestions). Hope you find this enjoyable!

******EXISTING BUGS, PLEASE READ******
    Spoiler:

Download link
    Version 1.1
    -Bug Report: I can't mega evolve Scizor with Scizorite. Does Mega evolving involve just one pokemon to have a mega stone?

Back