• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon - Wally Quest! (Version 1.1 - 15/04/23)

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2023
    I hate this game. Level cap is just annoying. Only thing I liked was Minior with Evolite. Is the creator has grudge to players who just wants to play for the story? Literally can't play the game for its new story because I'm busy curating my team because of the level cap. Literally added a level cap but the repel system isn't updated, like the choices made with this hack is so unusual.

Not going to continue this game since it's so annoying, the level cap isn't necessary but you added it, I want to continue for the story but it's just an annoying game. Never in my life have I encountered a rom hack that made me stop playing it for days for being so annoying. I wish I can play it properly for the story but I keep forgetting the plot because the game hinders me to just demolish through the game with the Pokemons I like. Even Pokemon Unbound can make you complete the game with just using the mons you want, but this game is just so annoying.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
    Thought I'd ask, do you plan on releasing an update where there are faster loading screens when engaging in wild Pokemon or trainer battles? Thanks!

Years
    This looks amazing! This is your FIRST romhack!?! Insane, good job!
    Is there a discord? I'd love to hang with the community and maybe help out

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2023
    TL;DR: Please add cheats.

Hey, am loving the game so far. This is going to sound like a very niche request but I hope you'll hear me out. I'm doing a challenge where I am nuzlocking multiple romhacks at once and am playing under the condition that after I catch a Pokémon in one game I am not allowed to use that evolutionary line in any other games I'm playing for the challenge.

Naturally this limits my selection for Wally Quest. However, a lot of romhacks have wild Pokémon modifier cheats to get a Pokémon that is available in a later area, or a walk thru walls cheat that would allow me to go to past seemingly arbitrary roadblocks and get slightly later area (i.e. the rocks north of Mauville). I only use these if it seems like it getting a Pokémon that is later in the game would help avoid long grinding sessions.

This is all to ask if you could possibly make some cheats available for Wally Quest, like how other romhacks do, specifically the wild Pokémon modifier and/or the walk thru walls cheat. They just really help to modulate the game experience and make it more fun. Would you consider adding something like that?

P.S.; Maybe add the make wild Pokémon shiny cheat while we're at it ;)

Hi I'll try looking into wild Pokemon mod and shiny as a setting, thanks for the suggestion

Hi, i absolutely love this rom hack and i'm having lots of fun playing it. It's an awesome rom hack! I need some help tho. I can't find reaper cloth anywhere, can you tell me where it is? I really want to evolve my dusclops (its at level 73 but it still needs a reaper cloth to evolve)

Hi, Reaper Cloth is sold by an NPC in Slateport Market (lower left), along with some other evolution items

How do you evolve rockruff? Into one of its forms?
    Mind is lv 30 and still haven't evolved

Hi Rockruff (normal) evolves as usual by levelling in day/night. Rockruff-Own Tempo's evolution was changed to friendship, please see features.txt.

Thought I'd ask, do you plan on releasing an update where there are faster loading screens when engaging in wild Pokemon or trainer battles? Thanks!

Hi I'll look into it, thanks for the suggestion

This looks amazing! This is your FIRST romhack!?! Insane, good job!
    Is there a discord? I'd love to hang with the community and maybe help out

Thanks! I don't have a Discord, will try to respond on Reddit/here

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2023
    I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but my ralts starter occasionally ignores my commands and I think the game thinks it is traded. It is very infrequent but it still pops up every now and then. In battle it will sometimes not do anything on a turn.

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2023
    I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but my ralts starter occasionally ignores my commands and I think the game thinks it is traded. It is very infrequent but it still pops up every now and then. In battle it will sometimes not do anything on a turn.

Hi, ignoring commands is now based on friendship instead of trading, please see changes.txt. That said Ralts' base friendship should be adjusted past the threshold. Will look into it, thanks.

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2024
    What's the ID for rare candy?

I was grinding my teams (18 pokemon I'm keeping levelled) to 75 from 65, and accidentally clicked strength whilst going to give my Machamp the lucky egg. Really don't want to do the grinding again.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2023
    It's so nice to play the game and out of nowhere get stuck at island cave, really nice, made the gameplay so much fun.

context: a friend of mine sent me the MediaFire link to download your romhack, and I played with the premise that your romhack is stable but apparently not

Feedback: The game has enough features, you should concentrate on fixing the game breaking bugs

P.S: I can't recommend Wally Quest romhack as it is now, it's too unstable and has to many bugs

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2023
    So far i really enjoyed this romhack. Thanks for all the time and effort put in!
    I wanted to know if there is a way to change natures in the game, i havent found mints or any other way to do it yet.
    Also i tried to load the savefile with pkhex and everything is extremely corrupted, idk if thats normal but i cant change natures this way either :(

Have a good day.

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2023
    So far i really enjoyed this romhack. Thanks for all the time and effort put in!
    I wanted to know if there is a way to change natures in the game, i havent found mints or any other way to do it yet.
    Also i tried to load the savefile with pkhex and everything is extremely corrupted, idk if thats normal but i cant change natures this way either :(

Have a good day.

Hello, thanks! Currently there isn't a way to change natures. The save and pokemon data structures were modified to expand the pc boxes, so pkhex will not work on this game.

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2023
    Added version 1.1. Please see first post for details. Thanks to those who've kindly helped :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Hi, just saw the 1.1 update, and just want to ask; is there a Variant Version of this? Because I first saw the update on Pokeharbor and the download part of the page had that.

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2023
    Hi, just saw the 1.1 update, and just want to ask; is there a Variant Version of this? Because I first saw the update on Pokeharbor and the download part of the page had that.

Hello, yes there's a variant patch in the download. The changes are described in one of the files inside Notes.

Back