• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon XD sequel coming to 3DS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spike6958

TCG Collector
Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    https://nintendo3dsblog.com/pokemon-heading-to-the-3ds

It seems that a Pokemon XD sequel is coming to 3DS. Screenshots have emerged showing the same red-haired protagonist from Pokemon XD, however it is unconfirmed as to whether it is actually sequel or a remake, though some of the screens seems to show events simmilar to those in the original GameCube version of XD. However it should also be pointed out that Agate Village from Pokemon Colosseum also appears in the screenshots, which could point it in one of three directions, an extended version of the original XD, a sequel to XD, or possibly both been remade, though at this point which it is isn't confirmed

Last edited:

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
  • I hope it is a sequel! :D But the screens look almost like they are straight from XD itself...could it be just a port? D:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Yeah, that shot of Michael talking to Zook looks like it's straight from the original. I don't think this is a sequel...probably just a remake for the 3DS. But hey, this is still really good! A lot of people don't have this game on the GameCube anymore (or never did) and handhelds are easier to get games for and just run with'em. So this will be nice! I'll consider getting it when I get a 3DS, even if it is just a port. I love this game.

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    Yeah, that shot of Michael talking to Zook looks like it's straight from the original. I don't think this is a sequel...probably just a remake for the 3DS. But hey, this is still really good! A lot of people don't have this game on the GameCube anymore (or never did) and handhelds are easier to get games for and just run with'em. So this will be nice! I'll consider getting it when I get a 3DS, even if it is just a port. I love this game.

I originally though that too, but Agate village was never in XD, only Colosseum. So my theory is that it has to be one of 3 things, either it's a sequel to XD, an extended version of XD, or it's both XD and Colosseum on one cart.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
  • Yeah, that shot of Michael talking to Zook looks like it's straight from the original. I don't think this is a sequel...probably just a remake for the 3DS. But hey, this is still really good! A lot of people don't have this game on the GameCube anymore (or never did) and handhelds are easier to get games for and just run with'em. So this will be nice! I'll consider getting it when I get a 3DS, even if it is just a port. I love this game.

Yeah, that screen and the Hexagon Brothers alsop look familiar. But I agree with you, I will get it even if it is a port. Maybe it will be an enhanced remakes, like FRLG/HGSS! :0 With Wi-Fi stuff! *starts hoping*

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • Omg yes!! omg omg omg!!! yes!!!
    Only like the best pokemon games ever =DDD

I would really be hoping for a sequel but a port is good enough. too bad its prob gonna be forever till it reaches the U.S :(

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I originally though that too, but Agate village was never in XD, only Colosseum. So my theory is that it has to be one of 3 things, either it's a sequel to XD, an extended version of XD, or it's both XD and Colosseum on one cart.

Uhhh, no. Agate Village is very much in XD because you can purify Pokemon at the Relic Shrine. It's the only way to purify Pokemon before the lab finishes the Purification Chamber. Plus I remember they changed the camera angles, you battle Eagun, and there's a guy that's lost. Believe me, it's there. I don't know if Colosseum and XD would fit on the same cart, though.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Bah...if this is true and not some Photoshopped deal, I'm glad that Pokemon XD is getting revisited once again..? But does it have to be on the Nintendo 3DS? XD was supposed to be a Stadium-esque game, restricted to consoles. We already have the main series on handhelds. And Pokemon XD seems way too young to be ported now; Pokemon Stadium 1 or 2 would seem like a much better option...and if we're getting a Pokemon RPG on the 3DS, Game Freak might as well convert the main series to using 3D models as well. Not to mention that we (likely) have Gray Version and RS3DS primed for release at some point on the 3DS...

And the Wii so far only has one Pokemon game (and an underwhelming lackluster one, at that)! Why not let Pokemon have one more entry on the Wii, permitting the Wii to go out with dignity, using Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword and "Pokemon XD 2" as its grand, final acts? I guess we''ll just have to wait and see whether the veracity of Pokemon XD 3DS can be confirmed...

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
  • Since all of the screenshots seem to be directly from the Gamecube game, I highly doubt that this is anything but a photoshopped magazine article. After all, why would Nintendo go through all of the trouble to port or remake a game that, while enjoyable at times, was not too well received? I'm fairly sure that whatever Pokémon games Nintendo has planned for the 3DS and Wii are new games and not ports or remakes of comparably mediocre spin-off titles.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Apparently the image used for the 3DS was...of a prototype image of the 3ds. Given the fact no other site has given this any mention (yet anyways) and the fact they're supposedly porting XD but not Colosseum first (the game that XD is a sequel of!)

So yeah, I wouldn't read anything into it until it's actually confirmed for sure besides by a random blog site and nobody else.

Certainly do I think such a thing would hypothetically be possible for the 3DS to pull off for what it's worth.

Last edited:

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I will be severely pissed if this turns out to be true. It should be made for Wii tbh, since it's been neglected when it comes to Pokemon games, and the one's it had aren't exactly best sellers. :x Plus, I don't have a 3DS.... D:

blue

gucci
    Years
  • It would have been better to be Colosseum, but then again XD had more Pokémon, a longer storyline with more features so that's cool. This really will be intresting to see and I'll definately get it if it's true.

Although, this could be false because it's only 2 days after it was announced that there was going to be a new game next month, and we're not even in May, and 2 days is enough for someone to make up something. Anyone could have pulled the screens from XD from the Gamecube, plus it's not been reported on any of the major sites yet. But only time will tell really.

Last edited:

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • WTH would they make an XD game on the 3DS? Why not the wii whth better graphics, larger screen, more controls and easier to view in the camera angle the game is played in. Makes no sense to me. Plus I have not gotten a 3ds due to the outrageous price D:<

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2016
    If this a remake of Pokemon Colosseum it should have ALL 649 of them as rental teams for people that don't have the games from the past. Plus it will allow fans to relive the past to see the first generation.

Years
  • This is probably fake, but this would be awesome <3 I loved XD.

I just would need to get a 3DS -_-

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back