• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: [pool] AdvanceMap new functions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fraot

Researcher & Game Developer
Years
  • What: to put whole trees and buldings
    Description: put trees and buildings at once instead of putting each tile. It may make much quicker the map creating. Then you can resize the bouildings or houses you previously put.
    Importance: 1-10... The importance is 8.

~Gary

Pokemon Hacker
    Years
  • Look, you seem able to select many Block A once?
    example:
    [pool] AdvanceMap new functions

It would be easier and more comfortable making maps with this feature ...

It is just an idea ...

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • As i say before on page 1/2.
    pleas read the readme, there are some informations to the functions and the Shortcuts are described.

matching to your idea there is written:

Map view:
    ------------
    Left mouse button => Draw current block / Stamp.
    Ctrl/Strg + Right mouse button => Select big block/Stamp, on click and select, the selected area will be shown in a new window.

Map view - Block palette:
    -------------------------
    Ctrl/Strg + Right mouse button => Select big block/stamp, on click and select, the selected area will be shown in a new window.

so this function is already in.

KhaosKnight

The 1 and only Khaotic Hacker
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2015
    This may seem imposible but here goes.

What?: Map test
    Discription: The ability to, after you finish a map, use A-Map to load up that Rom and jump to that map where the player can move around on it. Basicly for testing purposes, to see a few errors more easily
    Importance: 3

jakerman999

looking for spriters
    Years
  • what: adding more (city/route)'s
    description: when you hover your icon over a city/route in the worldmap it displays data at the top. the world map editor should be able to do this.
    importance: 6
    (although it might do this already. I haven't been able to play with it as much as I would like to, so disregard this if it is already there)

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • Some big small desires...

What: Map tester
    Description: Someone said that, and I thought it would be cool, instead of doing that boring intro...
    Importance: 10
    ----
    What: Automatic fill-in
    Description: I hate that we have to make the map tile-by-tile, so why not let us have the option to auto fill-in so we can take less time?
    Importance: 4

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • what: adding more (city/route)'s
    description: when you hover your icon over a city/route in the worldmap it displays data at the top. the world map editor should be able to do this.
    importance: 6
    (although it might do this already. I haven't been able to play with it as much as I would like to, so disregard this if it is already there)

What are the infos, you want to see?
    if you say me what i should show it is perhaps no problem to do. but if you do not say what you want i cannot do anything.

Some big small desires...
    What: Automatic fill-in
    Description: I hate that we have to make the map tile-by-tile, so why not let us have the option to auto fill-in so we can take less time?
    Importance: 4

auto fill-in what???
    can you make an example (with an image)?

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
    Years
  • Man if you add this i would be addicted 2 a-map (advance map the program not a map in the game)
    What : World map image editor
    Description: Import bitmap ;does all the tilemap crap on it's own
    importance (1 being high importance) : 1
    What: Bug fix
    Description in the older version creating new maps will always have the same name as the hometown(even if you change it)

jakerman999

looking for spriters
    Years
  • What are the infos, you want to see?
    if you say me what i should show it is perhaps no problem to do. but if you do not say what you want i cannot do anything.

just offsets for where editable things can be found in a hex editor.

still need examples?
    Spoiler:

i think there should be an option, where if you can edit it, you can see the offset for it. where you could find it if you looked in a hex editor. for those really advanced people who want to go beyond what advance map can do(or something unrelated to maps, but you can use an offset as a goto point.)

that blurb is hard to read, and I wrote it.....

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • Man if you add this i would be addicted 2 a-map (advance map the program not a map in the game)
    What: Bug fix
    Description in the older version creating new maps will always have the same name as the hometown(even if you change it)

this isn't a bug.
    this works as designed.
    the map you insert have no name definition. No new inserted maps have a name definition! (just a map-filename)
    you must choose the correct name you want from the Namelist (on header view).
    i say this many time, also in this thread.

just offsets for where editable things can be found in a hex editor.

still need examples?
    Spoiler:

i think there should be an option, where if you can edit it, you can see the offset for it. where you could find it if you looked in a hex editor. for those really advanced people who want to go beyond what advance map can do(or something unrelated to maps, but you can use an offset as a goto point.)

that blurb is hard to read, and I wrote it.....

so than this idea is simple the same as you say on the last page "list data offset" if you only want to see the offsets on the worldmap editor, than this is the same...

jakerman999

looking for spriters
    Years
  • so than this idea is simple the same as you say on the last page "list data offset" if you only want to see the offsets on the worldmap editor, than this is the same...

not just the worldmap editor. everything. if it can be edited, we should be able to see the offset.

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
    Years
  • ability to view what colors are in each pallet for tileset editing.

ability to fix the maps that, when viewed in game, are just a black screen that makes you restart your vba/ whatever

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2022
    What: Test scripts in Advance Map
    Description: You can test a script straight in advance map instead of loading VBA and taking forever to test 1 script.
    Importance: 1

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
    Years
  • What: Test scripts in Advance Map
    Description: You can test a script straight in advance map instead of loading VBA and taking forever to test 1 script.
    Importance: 1
    You mean you want him to recode the entire FR/LG scripting engine, then the R/S/E scripting engine too, both in Delphi while staying sane? No chance.
    Description: Import bitmap ;does all the tilemap crap on it's own
    That would be possible, but extremely difficult to do, and you would have to carefully construct your bitmap to use the least tiles possible.
    I say this many time, also in this thread.
    *Ouch, LU-HO!* English has a perfect tense too! :P

pokemonlover93

The Crystal Sharder.
    Years
  • What: Ability to change Map Names Seperate, but not the entire header.
    Description: Where once you change the name of a certain map, It doesn't overwrite the name of the other maps in the same header.
    Importance: 7/10, not really important, but its something I'd like.

AmineX

Music Expert
    Years
  • What: shiny wild pokemon editor.
    Explantion: create shiny pokemon wild like original wild pokemon but additional thing is a pokemon apear shiny
    IMPORTANCE:2

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    What...
    ---Time-based Wild POKéMON Editor

Explanation
    ---We can edit the kinds of wild POKéMON showing up based on the time... Kinda suitable for R/S/E only though... :\

Importance
    ---7/10

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What...
    ---Time-based Weather and Music Editor

Explanation...
    ---We can edit the weather as well as the music depending on the time. Kinda suitable for R/S/E only, though... :\

Importance...
    ---10/10

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • Hello All

I have starting with first work on AdvanceMap.

Thanks for all your ideas. you can continue write new ideas.
    Many of your ideas i have plan to insert in AdvanceMap.
    But some of them are not possible.
    I will not Insert new function in the ROMS itself -> i do not do ASM work!
    I will only make new function in AdvanceMap, so thinks like "Time-based ...." or " wild pokémon musics editor" are NOT possible because this is not possible in the ROMs for standard.

@each who want to know when it will come:
    I don't know, perhaps in 1-2 Month???

@score_under: I say: Do not comment ideas !!!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back