• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pop, Soda, Soft Drink, or Carbonated Beverage?

What do you say?

• Pop

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Soda

Votes: 19 54.3%
  • Soft Drink

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Carbonated Beverage

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
  • You should have added Coke to the list. In Texas and most southern states, all soda is called "Coke".

I call it soda. YAY MIDWEST

I would have, but when making, I didn't know people used a brand as a reference to every soft drink product :s When I made this, Coke = Coca Cola. I've never, ever heard someone mention "down South, they call everything Coke" until I made this topic lol

Years
  • I call it soda most of the time, rarely pop, never coke.

You can tell I'm not native to the county I live in, it's mostly called pop down here. XD; However, where my mom grew up, it's apparently soda... very interesting. Must've gotten it from her... either that or the military calls it soda. *shrugs*

reyzn

Years
  • I'm from Canada and we say "pop" we're I'm from.
    My cousin's down in the states say "soda".

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I don't think I say any of them. I just say "drink" :(

Years
  • Having lived in the Bible Belt for a long time (in heart of Texas, actually), I'm accustomed to saying soda. Everyone calling every kind of soda "coke" has never really occurred to me, or perhaps I wasn't really observant of that. I do notice that my fellow Ontarians say pop, though, but I don't feel like learning to make it a habit for myself. :[

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Pop! I'm Canadian. We Canadians say "pop." If anyone said "soda" around here, oh my god, they would get the weirdest looks. XD

Back