• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pop, Soda, Soft Drink, or Carbonated Beverage?

What do you say?

• Pop

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Soda

Votes: 19 54.3%
  • Soft Drink

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Carbonated Beverage

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Here in southeastern Texas, I grew up hearing 'soda' most dominantly with some people using the deep south term, 'coke'.

I personally use the former...it's rare to hear someone call it 'pop' here. XD

Daydream

[b]Boo.[/b]
    Years
    Most people around here (North East England) say "Pop" as a general term for like Coke, Fanta, Sprite and stuff. Some of the older generations say "Fizzy Pop/ Drink."

But usually I just say the brand name of the drink it is. ~

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Coke here in New York City all day... and the few idiots joke around saying they added some crack to all the vending machines and that stuff. : P. But it's still coke. xD

DXrobots

Just a passing through trainer
    Years
    I'm from Canada, and in Ontario we say "Pop" more often than "Soda", and we never say Soft Drink. Carbonated Beverage isn't common either; mostly it's used by show-offs.

I probably just say "Pop" I think. I know some of my cousins say "Fizzy Drinks" :/ I just find that strange.

Typical Canadians.

I call it soda even though everyone else in canada seems to call it pop =P

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    Obligatory pop vs. coke vs. soda map.

I say soda, like the rest of my people. Everything else sounds funny.

If I went to a place that didn't sell coca-cola and asked for a coke they'd roll their eyes and say "We only have pepsi."

That's a cool link; thanks for sharing that with us.

And if you go to Quebec, DXrobots, you'll hear Soda a lot :P or "Boisson Gazeuse" which means "Carbonated Beverage".

Melody

Banned
    Years
    Usually, we refer to them as "Coke" mainly because most of the more popular brands of soft drink are indeed made by the Coca-Cola Company. Most of the time, the Pepsi company stuff is merely referred to by it's brand name.

But yeah, we use "Coke" as the generic term around here in West Texas usually, since most people do prefer Coke over Pepsi. :3

I personally hate it when people call it "Pop" or "Soda" because those are outdated terms. x3 (Seriously, unless the person is a senior citizen, I will almost always correct them.) I tend to use "Soft Drink" if I really have to refer to it without naming a specific brand.

People who call it "Carbonated Beverage" are just being smart-alecks so I ignore those people. xD

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    I just call it by the name of the beverage... XD; Everything else sounds weird, especially Pop. Southerners like me never say Pop. Ever. If I had to choose between the four... I guess Soda. It sounds the least, "Holy crap I can't believe I just said that."

Years
    I'm from upstate New York originally so I always call it soda. Ever since we moved to the west coast though everyone here calls it pop. It's another one of those subtle east/west differences, when it comes to the US anyway.

Obligatory pop vs. coke vs. soda map.

I say soda, like the rest of my people. Everything else sounds funny.

If I went to a place that didn't sell coca-cola and asked for a coke they'd roll their eyes and say "We only have pepsi."

LOL that is epic. But I was right! New England calls it soda. I never knew the whole midwest called it pop too though. in fact according to that graph my particular county calls it "soda" 80-100% of the time!

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    I say soda, maybe soft drink, but never the other two.

However, I have referred to Sprite and Dr. Pepper as Coke... DUDE I NEED COKE.

Druid

she's not anyone...
    Years
    Pop, I only ever hear soda when someone's talking about "cream soda", etc.

Soft drink is completely unheard of where I live, I didn't even know that it meant "pop" until a year or two ago. Carbonated beverage sounds like what a senior citizen would say at a wedding... never heard it before XD

Back