• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pop, Soda, Soft Drink, or Carbonated Beverage?

What do you say?

• Pop

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Soda

Votes: 19 54.3%
  • Soft Drink

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Carbonated Beverage

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    Which do you say in your neighbourhood? Do state your city, too, if you want :s that way we can compare where the dialect is different!

I'm from Canada, and in Ontario we say "Pop" more often than "Soda", and we never say Soft Drink. Carbonated Beverage isn't common either; mostly it's used by show-offs.

In Quebec, we say "Soda", since "Pop" doesn't exist as a word over there, or a transitional phrase from English to French.

If you call a soft drink something other than what's listed in the poll, post to tell us what you call it.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Um. Dude. Where's coke? We just call it coke down here, regardless of the brand. Though coke still = coca cola, but even if you say coke, you're talking about soda. It's weird, nuff said.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    In my School, we say Coke. Because we can't seem to care about any other kind of soda XP

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    I'm not a dude ): /sad

and Coke is a brand; you call Pepsi "Coke"? How odd. I can't edit polls, though :s so I guess if you call it something else, post it in your message to clarify.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    My school and I would say 'soda', but we always have that jokster who would say 'carbonated drink' whenever he feels like it.

Odd, I never knew that Coca-Cola would be that popular.

michele

☮ & ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    i say pop. i rarely ever hear people say soda or soft drink, and i don't think i've ever heard anyone use carbonated beverage. x]

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I say "soft drink" a lot since I grew up in provinces other than Ontario and that was fairly common. Second word I'd use is "pop" but never "soda".

I don't think I've ever heard people actually use "soda" before, haha.

luf100

Team Rocket Grunt
    Years
    Mostly everyone around here says pop. I don't think I've even heard anyone else call it anything different. O_o

Years
    and Coke is a brand; you call Pepsi "Coke"? How odd. I can't edit polls, though :s so I guess if you call it something else, post it in your message to clarify.

Coke is the brand that's based in Atlanta... and the original of the fizzy beverages, so it's only natural that those in it's home turf (the Southeast US) call all of it coke. Pepsico (makers of Pepsi) are an NYC area company, and many in the Deep South still despise "Yankees" (no, not the baseball team)

I don't think I've ever heard people actually use "soda" before, haha.

I hear it all the time... I'm in an area where "pop" is dominant, but "soda", because of our proximity to Wisconsin, is heard very often, as is "soda pop".

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    Coke is the brand that's based in Atlanta... and the original of the fizzy beverages, so it's only natural that those in it's home turf (the Southeast US) call all of it coke. Pepsico (makers of Pepsi) are an NYC area company, and many in the Deep South still despise "Yankees" (no, not the baseball team)

Yeah, I know Coke's history; it's called "Coke" for an easy reference reason, too

lols @ secret ingredient

but people in Alabama and Georgia call 7Up, Mountain Dew, etc. "Coke"? I can't imagine that :s Coca Cola = Coke, not 7Up.

RTHookers

Banned
    Years
    Are people here drugged? Coke? WHY THE HELL YOU DIDN'T SHARE WITH ME?!?!?!?!?!?!?

--------

Anyway. I drink either water or Cola, I like drinking vodka sometimes, whiskey is also good. I like Chivas. BLUE LABEL IS THE !#!$!$#@%@#$%#$%^#@^ BEST. But it costs a lot..

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2010
    I would just say pop, we never say soda or soft drink, and I have never heard anyone call it a carbonated beverage.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    We say "soft drink" around my area. That's what I called it since I was young. Sometimes we also say "coke", but I've never heard anyone say "carbonated beverage". I didn't even know that the word even existed xD.

Aril

Arcanine Breeder
    Years
    Well, im from Norway, and we say "Brus" over here, but when i've been in America, i said Soda^^.

Ayselipera

I'm from Massachusetts and everyone around here says soda. I never hear any of those other names being used.

Back