• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Popularity.

Cid

Years
    Yeah, I think I'm simply known right now.
    IRL, most people know me only because they were supposed to know me (because I was their classmate, relative, etc.).
    I guess, in grade school, I was quite known, but not that much. Not everyone who knew me necessarily liked me, though, IDK why.

I can't say I'm the same with PC. No one knows me with the few times that I've been active. Most of the people I knew here don't hang out that often, too.

Though I do strive to keep up with the new people here.
    In real life, I simply continue to do what I'm supposed to do, popularity just coming if it wants to.

akirachii

Unbalanced Asian!
    Years
    I was once known around my school in elementary.
    Then middle school came along it was around average.
    Then 8th grade happened...I didnt have that much friends...
    I only make friends on the internet. They are my age.
    But live in other areas around the world.
    But I'm okay with that.
    Cause now I'm going to high school.
    A new start. :] I guess. :O

I dont communicate as much with people around me at school.
    I'm always focused on drawing.
    I still talk with my best friends tho. they havent changed their minds about me.
    They actually enjoy having me around. :]

Last edited:

Greene1516

Scratching the surface...
    Years
    Popularity is nothing more than a frame of mind. Chances are if one person at the school is liked by most people, it's actually for reasons such as money, sharing the limelight or shear intimidation. I'd honestly hate to the "popular" guy. Hate fuels people and that balance is necessary.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I would never call myself "popular".

Most people do like me, though. As far as I know, no one hates me. ;3

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
    At work, I'm popular. At school, I'm not. On PC, not really :P

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
    Years
    I'm well-liked at work, I know that. I have a lot of friends outside work, but also a lot of people who resent me for my close-knit family, my friends, my past academic achievements, my boyfriend and my job. There seems to be this consensus that I get handed everything on a plate, and it's far from that.

They were mostly the underachieving popular kids at school, though.

Xashlei

Contest Nerd
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2009
    At school, I'm invisible. Acquainted with everyone in the batch, but that's it. No interest sharing, homework helping, nada. All of my best friends keep moving away, it's simply disheartening, you know? I don't even try to get closer to anyone anymore. On Serebii, I guess I'm fairly loved. People tell me to come back, whenever I don't go on MSN / the forum enough. Man I wish I could see them in the flesh. x'D

Suki

I'm gonna make it.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2019
    I guess lots of people know me at school, but I'm not overly popular, I'm kinda in the middle =]
    But I have no enemies.

Years
    Real Life - Everybody knows and likes me, other than a select few.

Internet - Everybody knows me. About half claim to like me, while others claim to dislike me. I'm pretty sure nearly all, if not all of you dislike me. :]

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    I'm average popular IRL, most people know of me.

Internet? Probably about the same, maybe a little less.

Sakura Rain

→Let's laugh at everything!
    Years
    Nope. I'm not popular at all with the popular kids. The people I hang out with are social rejects and band geeks. (GO BAND) I mean, I don't have any enemies (to my knowledge), but I'm certainly not the most popular person ever.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Meh. In school, everybody knew my name because I was in the student's council xD But I don't aim to be the one everybody wants to get to know. I hope the friends I have, and the new friends I do make, like me as I am and want to keep me with them. That's the kind of popularity I think is worth something :3

The Scientist

PKMN Scientist/Mathemagician
    Years
    For some reason, I'm not very popular here. Despite all that I do, I still manage to go unnoticed. I can't turn off my ninja stealth, it seems.

I'm so awesome IRL, though, that it balances out.

Jweeson

Pokemon Aficianado
    Years
    It's about half and half. At school everyone knows everyone, and about half hate me and about half like me. I don't think I'm super popular, but I don't want to be anyway.

But on the internet I'm not really popular at all.

The Red Chain

It can turn a perfectly good person into a rotten one.. for all the wrong reasons..
    Some people think being popular is the best thing you can achieve, young or old.
    But in all honesty, those people that randomly poof into your life after you are 'popular' are just there at all because of that very title.
    They don't care about you.. they only care about getting their own merit either out of you, or from being around you.
    The popular are always the people who get into tons of trouble.. of all sorts.
    They always feel the desire to be daring and show themselves off to keep their 'rank', but in all the worst ways.
    They almost always end up getting involved with the wrong influence, dishonest all around horrid people, and are either turned into a snob that no one likes, or turn to foul addictions..
    I shouldn't have to name the other outcomes, since I'm sure most of you know them all by now.

The other side of popularity.. the 'well-liked' type can easily turn into the 'used' type.
    All it causes is suffering in the end...
    That all said and done, I don't consider myself popular, and I would never want to be in that situation.
    I value myself too much to turn to such a self-absorbed way of life.

Last edited:

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
    Years
    Bzoo~! o:

I've always had a suspicion of people disliking me for numerous reasons (mostly the way I act around people), apparently I'm popular within the clique I seem to be classified in (I got really lucky befriending the more popular kids of that clique my Freshman year XD). Generally most people in my grade-level know me in some way or another. Thankfully I don't really have any people who passionately hate me~

AlphaMightyena

A Mightyena Fapper
    Years
    everbody knows me for the crazy ass girl who almost stabed her classmate to death with a pencil.

everyone is scared of me but at least i'm popular ( in a negative way),

Back