• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Popularity

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
PokeTrainerCarol said:
Dizzy, I got popularity last year which I know would help me once I go to Middle School (next year!! 2004-2005! save me! :P) but before it had any chance to grow around me I threw it all away...because I'm like that. It won't help me. I'll rather have 1 or 2 trustworthy friends than a whole crowd of people, stupid or not. I just like quietness better :) different personalities, that's all I guess. ^_^
what's wrong with middle school?

I had a hard time in middle school for a different reason for each grade level...
6th grade: I was bullied by a couple of stuck-up rich kids because I was a "late bloomer" (they accused me of being gay cuz my voice hadn't cracked yet)
7th grade: I moved to a new school (imagine transitioning from a school full of stuck-up, rich, white people to a school in the ghetto where lower-class african-americans are half the student body...)
8th grade: was actually a good year for me, I at least made most of my current friends in 8th grade...

even high school isn't that hard (if you know what you're doing)

PokeTrainerCarol

what's wrong with middle school?

I had a hard time in middle school for a different reason for each grade level...
6th grade: I was bullied by a couple of stuck-up rich kids because I was a "late bloomer" (they accused me of being gay cuz my voice hadn't cracked yet)
7th grade: I moved to a new school (imagine transitioning from a school full of stuck-up, rich, white people to a school in the ghetto where lower-class african-americans are half the student body...)
8th grade: was actually a good year for me, I at least made most of my current friends in 8th grade...

even high school isn't that hard (if you know what you're doing)

...>_>, stupid people that treated you like that in 6th grade...

I don't know, it's just that everyone makes it sound so bad with all the drugs stuff and different classes each hour...and that bullying thing, and so many people talk about it and other things it just makes Middle School sound like the worst thing ever lol

I don't like P.E. because...I just don't. And people looked weird at me because...uh, like everyone is supposed to like to play sports and all that but...it's not the only thing. I also don't like recess, lunch or any kind of free time like that >_> well I like lunch when I get to eat in the classroom...^^ :P yup...eating in the classroom is probably the only one I like :P
sometimes when I think about that I feel like crying...it's hopeless -_-

Despite that I can do so much more and here and there I've heard some "Why are you so smart?", "How can you do that", (I was even asked if I was wearing make up once, that was insulting...but it doesn't relate to the topic ^^) I don't like popularity for the same reason I don't like P.E.
"I just don't. It's part of my personality, it's what makes me...me"

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
PokeTrainerCarol said:
I don't like popularity for the same reason I don't like P.E.
"I just don't. It's part of my personality, it's what makes me...me"

you've read my mind... we hate something because we just do. Take food for an example. Why do some people hate eggs? Cause eggs taste gross to them. But to some others like me eggs taste great. It is because it is...

As for high school (or whatever they call it in your country), i can't really "vertify" those claims carol... i go to a rather sheltered school full of "geeks" (there are still a few exceptions of course) as my school is famous for its academic program. It is also gym-less. We don't even have a gym... so I attend a high school that is rather abnormal so i won't understand what's the normal high school situation out there...

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
Years
PokeTrainerCarol said:
I don't have anything against popular people. For past experiences...since like 1st grade. I'm happy with my serious independant lonely self.
Last year I got a lot of attention. After awhile I just started going alone telling everyone to leave me alone. I like the loudness of my quietness. Thank you.
I've never had true friends. These are just classmates. I don't trust on any of them.
What I could do in music is what got me known around my old school in Peru...but I wanted the teachers to know me. Not the students. It feels like I'm destined to always be alone like this. And I like it.

am I strange?
I was like in Jr. High and last year, where I would talk to teachers or other staff members but many students. There are no dumb questions in the world but there sure are dumb people.

Igglybuddy

OMG PENGUINS
Years
Man...I'd like to offer a word of support to everybody here who's considered "unpopular" and feeling bad about it. You know what I say? Be yourself. You don't need those b@stards anyway.

Through junior high I had a huge problem with the "popular" people. I resented their 5lutty attitudes and dress, I despised their stupidity and shallowness and most of all I wanted them to just die and leave me alone. What was wrong with me? Was it because I was intelligent? Because I dressed differently? Because I thought differently? Because I was absolute crap in PE? My teacher, my effin' teacher noticed, that's how bad it was. But no matter how much people blew it off as being jealousy or insecurity on their parts, that didn't stop it from happening. And I blamed myself of course.

Junior high was three years of h3ll. Pure torture. And then...I was free.

Needless to say, all that left a powerful impression on me. I am intensely, intensely resentful of those who I percieve as fitting into that "popular" type. Thankfully, I rarely have to interact with any of them now that I'm in all IB classes, but...meh. Yeah, being in High School is really nice. For me at least. Nothing but schoolwork to think about. =]

Take heart, everyone. The pain will end soon.

Hopefully.

Back