• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Popularity

Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2021
I had a lot of friends in my old school, (Before I became homeschooled) but it was only because I was nice to everyone. I'd rather be popular because of my personality rather than how much money I have, what I wear, etc. I don't think I'd be as popular now though, because I'm so shy. ^_^;

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
Years
to tell you the truth im not rich either , im only popular because i know everyone and im nice to them , i have money to buy clothes but i wont spend it on crap liek drugs and alchoal like other popular idiots ( stupid blue houseers!)

Years
  • Seen Jan 3, 2009
im kinda "popular" its kinda anoying ..

.. everybody around me all the time etc.

its realy irritating :p

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 8, 2012
If you guys hate preps, then you hate me.Yeah, I'm a popular, preppy guy in school.I'm not rich, don't have awesome stuff, but guess what?I'm popular.No, I'm not one of those guys who beats up others or makes fun of them.None of my friends are.I guess I just got popular from being funny, and nice to all.

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
Years
i dont hate preps , how could i? i am a prep , im like one of the many hispanic preps in tan house. but im nice , and im popular , well ive been popular for liek ever , me and my friends ( the group of 7 ) we've been poular since the 3rd grade , and now that were all split up into different houses , we found different groups , some are in my house , some arent , but we all hang out at lunch , maybe in the senior lounge if we get in. maybe at green or gold house... it doesnt matter , i get good grades , have good friends , even got this girls number at my friends party^^ , im popular preppy and nice .

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 23, 2014
*pats oni flygon* Awww...don't feel bad, I used to feel like that when I first joined the old PC... T.T And you were like a shining person surrounded with friends... -_-;; and I was just a shadow. >.>

Keitaro

Urashima
Years
Lightning said:
:o It's easier to get popular online than offline because you really CAN be yourself without fear of judgement. Well, not the same judgement anyway. It's easy to make fun of people for their interests and whatnot in real life, but you can hang out with only people who share your common interest online.

Like us. We're all at a Pokemon board, right? ^_^
(Everything I respond too states irl & cpu so that means PC is no exception)
I can't agree with that fully, I seem to have more friends in real life then I do in online for the fact that it's so hard to get attention with just typing a few words that can be ignored so easily compared to a voice and seeing how the person doesn't know nothing about you, it becomes very easy for another to judge. I've been judged so many times on the net that I can't keep track. But like I said that I can't agree with it fully but I didn't say that it is easier to make friends IRL because they're still so many people in the world who only see whats on the outside.

I've always been the more high rankings of other people probably because of my looks which I still don't understand why that has to do anything with who I am, but I've always hanged out with the lower crowd irl it seems although I've never cared or judged a person on how other people think about the person, only what I think of the person. What I've noticed time and time again over the past 10 years or so is why so many people complain and complain about not being popular and when the chance comes their way (for some people), some reason they end up only talking with the ones that are up there and ignore everyone else *shrugs* I've seen it alot in school, I've seen it on past hockey teams, I've seen it on past chats, I've even seen it here lol but there is no logic reason to it so I don't know.

Honest truth about it all is reputation means zippidy do da, ziltch, nothing, nadda or else I'd be around all these popular people who care nothing for each other aside from how they act which is just bogus (yea I used an 80's word o.O lol) (Example: Just because someone posts a million posts and another person has about 50-100 or so shouldn't mean that person with low posts should be ignored. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me because I'm speaking the truth ;)x)

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 8, 2012
Well, I said the prep-hate comment to those that have said they hate preps.The way you can be popular is just by being nice, funny, and make yourself stand out in a crowd.

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 8, 2012
Trust me spike, even if you post often, like me, you will hardly get noticed by anyone.But then again that is only for some people.

Greed

Banned
Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2008
I am the LEAST popular kid at my school. >.<; I'm not even popular in the internet for my dumb-dumb personality.. >.<;;

I used to want to be popular, but then I decided that I would rather be my shy and low-tempered self than being someone I hate. But I really have nothing against popularity.
It's just that popular people seem to leave friends behind just cus they aren't popular.

~CaRtOON

Iveechan

based on a paperclip
Years
I don't care for popular people, due to bad experiences with them. I've also moved a lot in my life so I don't really value friendship either. I just like to be left alone.

Rift

Let's Venture Onward!
Years
Im pretty popular at my school! not cause im a jock or anything, its cause i talk to everyone and im nice! so ya talking and being nice are good things to have when bein popular!

John Denver

Banned
Years
I've only been popular in 2 places...and it is good

I hate it when I hear kids say they hate popular people..The ONLY reason they say that is cause they want to be one of those people, jealosuy leads to hate

BOO ya?

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
Years
Dakota said:
I've only been popular in 2 places...and it is good

I hate it when I hear kids say they hate popular people..The ONLY reason they say that is cause they want to be one of those people, jealosuy leads to hate

BOO ya?
When someone you hate for a reason is always around, you'll find it annoying too.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
when someone is sticking to you like glue you'll hate it too... i tried all i can to rid myself from anyone and this guy is stalking me now after i'm forced to know him better because of a group project... and darn it this guy is annoying and brutal (as if this kid is uncivilized...) x_x he's one of the rare fews that i hate (and he's not popular at all as everyone even in this geek school of mine wanted to thrash him)

i hate popularity... i don't see why we must all do a certain thing, look a certain way and act a certain way in order to have a "life" and "friends." I will never need or have a "life", and as for friends 2 or 3 very close friends are enough already. I don't need a to start a fanclub.

as for people who searches for popularity, i don't hate them but i pity them... pity them that they must be enslaved by these "act/dress codes" in order to realize that they "exist."

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
I sense that a lot of people dislike being popular because of the old stereotypes that popular people are arrogant and live to a strict fashion code, and what-not...

...but there are people who attained their popularity by accident (like me). I think I got mine from people who noticed that I am one of the smartest kids in the class, and sought to have me help them with schoolwork. From there, I made a lot of the friends that I have today...and I didn't even have to do a darn thing...

Back