• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Popularity

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Lightning said:
:o It's easier to get popular online than offline because you really CAN be yourself without fear of judgement. Well, not the same judgement anyway. It's easy to make fun of people for their interests and whatnot in real life, but you can hang out with only people who share your common interest online.

Like us. We're all at a Pokemon board, right? ^_^

so true... so true. However there's also a type of enemies that'll exist online only and not offline.

SPAMMERS. In the offline world a SPAMMER will eventually get beaten up by someone cause s/he is irritating... in the online world (my world) you can't do much about it. Ban their account, they start a new one. Ban their id address, they can magically get a new one.

And why would u consider yourself as a little fishie in PC dizzy... You're the posting machine jr. (2nd top poster in PC, lost to 22sa) and of course we know you well...

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
Years
Just wondering Dizzy, is there a specific person here you wanted to say they care about you?

Anyway, I care about you!:):p
frostweaver said:
actually that's what i felt too but i didnt' say anything about it... it's too hard to believe that someone who's so popular in PC isn't popular at least one bit in RL?
Me however, I wasn't relating to her "I have no popularity IRL." I was relating to her past actions online...

I'm not one bit popular in RL either! And yes I have my reasons...

Kenta

OK! Kanpeki!
Years
popularity is good to an extent

as long as it doesn't make you a bad person in the eyes of others

Haruka

Pokémon Coordinator
Years
Popularity can't get you a job in the business world. Do you think a company will hire you because you are popular in High school or grade school. The answer is no. They are looking for your skills. What you know and stuff. Popularity is nothing. Just attention.. No offence.

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2021
We're not populists, we like you exactly the same, popular or not. It's not bad to be popular, and it's not bad to not be.

22sa

Years
Haruka said:
Popularity can't get you a job in the business world. Do you think a company will hire you because you are popular in High school or grade school. The answer is no. They are looking for your skills. What you know and stuff. Popularity is nothing. Just attention.. No offence.
True, but only to an extent that you won't be on top anymore once you switch schools.

You can learn a lot from being popular and that's depending on if you're going to use it to lead a good public life or not.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
at the same time, you can learn a lot from being UNpopular... after years of training i've learn to be completely immune to whatever type of insults ^_^

22sa

Years
I don't get insulted a lot but I wouldn't care if someone insults me, it's there lose... (So yah, I've sort of became immune too:D)

Pezz

All Washed Up
Years
There's a difference between having a lot of different people like you and being "popular." Most of the popular people are snobs who are selfish, shallow, conceited and ejoy putting others down. They are only popular and liked by others because of their looks and/or money. I would rather have people like me for me, and not try so hard to fit in with the popular crowd and make my own friends, not become a slave to conformity and back-stabbing. I used to sit by a bunch of "popular" people. It was ridiculous. They always get in fights and it's like you don't have any true friends.

Of course, there's also people who are popular, what the word reall means. That a lot of people like you. These are usually the people who are in sports, do well in school, are involved in many clubs or just plain nice people. They are usually good people.

Of course, the above is just me and the people I know's expereinces, it may be different where you live.

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
Years
Pezz said:
There's a difference between having a lot of different people like you and being "popular." Most of the popular people are snobs who are selfish, shallow, conceited and ejoy putting others down. They are only popular and liked by others because of their looks and/or money. I would rather have people like me for me, and not try so hard to fit in with the popular crowd and make my own friends, not become a slave to conformity and back-stabbing. I used to sit by a bunch of "popular" people. It was ridiculous. They always get in fights and it's like you don't have any true friends.

Of course, there's also people who are popular, what the word reall means. That a lot of people like you. These are usually the people who are in sports, do well in school, are involved in many clubs or just plain nice people. They are usually good people.

Of course, the above is just me and the people I know's expereinces, it may be different where you live.

im not like that though ,no1 is except for those damm preppy gold housers

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
Years
In high school popularity can be important, if you don't want to feel like a loner. Like at lunch time, when people are sitting down eating, and you might feel like the only person sitting alone. And also being popular also means you have people to help you out if you really need it.

But since I moved from my friends in the summer, and just started highschool, I just bring my cd player and a magazine to read to occupy myself during lunch.

Last edited:

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
Years
i like to go outside sometimes , im a really social person so im on the debate team ....... but popularity can be important

sometimes if your in deep trouble at least you know that you can be backed up w/ support from ur budz and neva worry

John Denver

Banned
Years
I'm not a huge popular guy at my school, sure everyone KNOWS who I am and all...but that's not a reason for populairty and crap like that...I haet preppies..ack

BOO ya!

Back