• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Popwar Klippy

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    Hey there! I figured I'd post one of these for fun and see what would come of it. :) My name is Klippy and that's what most people call me online and offline, as it's my nickname from high school. I enjoy playing video games, playing guitar, reading & writing, and going to the gym, among other interests. I was born and grew up in the Los Angeles, California area and spent a good portion of my youth bonding with some awesome people on this forum!

I've gone by many names over my years on PC (Popwar Bunny, That Hideous Strength, Feiku, ThePokemonHossier). I originally joined PC to post pixel art sprite comics that I had made after reading a few on the web. I spent...my first year or so on PC unaware that there was any other sections on PC besides Pixel Art. I had a blast back then and made a lot of friends who were also interested in making and reading sprite comics. Most of them are long since gone, but I occasionally see a few around still.

After that, I branched out and discovered the wonderful world of PC. I made some close friends in those early years, some of which I maintain today and have even had the pleasure of spending time with off of the Internet. I was eventually promoted to moderator in Video Gaming and enjoyed contributing my personal style to the section and forums at large. I left staff for some time during a busy phase in my life, but returned when things slowed down.

I was re-modded in Video Gaming soon after returning, where I began running gaming events every weekend for games like Left 4 Dead and its sequel, along with some other games. I enjoyed being a moderator even more my second time around as I had a bit more creative ideas. I also moderated Other Writing (now Fanfiction & Writing) and Other Entertainment (now Culture & Media) for a portion of my time as moderator. I had to step down from my position on staff after a couple years due to life getting busy again and I knew I wouldn't be able to dedicate any time to moderating.

That busy time included my move to San Francisco to complete my education. San Francisco is quite expensive and I spent a good deal of my two years there working a full time job, while also going to school full time. I had a blast there and created some great memories. At the end of my second year of school there, I graduated with a Bachelor's in Criminal Justice with honors and moved home to Los Angeles.

Since returning to LA, I've come back to PC and am really enjoying the site and people. I've already met some neat and interesting members that weren't around before I left. As for now, I'm currently training and going to the gym to prepare myself for an interview and testing process to get hired for a dream job of mine. I'm looking forward to what the future brings for that and I'm hopeful that everything goes well!

Some of my best friends are members from this forum, including Morkula, Jak, and Marz. I'd love to meet some more members and would love to answer any and almost all questions you have! Thanks for taking the time to read my post. :)

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    What does your avatar reference? I've always been curious of that as it intrigues me.

As an ex-Moderator of Video Games, how do you view the current status of things being run? Pros and cons? How can we make Video Games a better forum for everyone?

What made you decide to come back to PC?

What exactly is your dream job?

What is the meaning behind your current username?

Take your time with these questions. I've always found you an intriguing member (you can call that creepy, meh, it is what it is) so I'm curious as to what your responses are going to entail.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    What does your avatar reference? I've always been curious of that as it intrigues me.

What made you decide to come back to PC?

I came back to PC because it is a place of many great memories for me. I spent a lot of time on the forums and on MSN/Skype chatting to my friends from this website. As such, they are some of my closest friends in the world and I value them and the time I spent with them above anything. It's a unique place for me, despite any problems I've had in the past with it, and I consider it extremely special in terms of who I am and how I grew up.

What exactly is your dream job?

I am currently in the hiring process for a police department, but a dream job for me would either be working as a detective or working for the FBI or CIA. I have a fascination with counter-terrorism and the history of terrorism. I wrote my graduating thesis on the history of terrorism and how terrorism has affected people in the United States, so I know quite a lot about the subject and I'm drawn to learning as much as possible about it.

What is the meaning behind your current username?

It was a nickname given to me in high school. My dad had a similar nickname given to him in high school, so it was pretty neat to receive this one too. I tend to consider it as my online persona now as well because no other username stuck. :)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    How long have you wanted to go into criminal justice and what inspired it?

If your username could be any color, what would you pick?

If you could mod any section, excluding VG again, what would you want to mod?

If we went to Taco Bell together, what would you get? :D

Since you're so good at dates, how long have we been paired? ;) lol

love you baboon!!

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    How long have you wanted to go into criminal justice and what inspired it?

At the very least, for five years as it was my major throughout college, but it was much before that. I have always had a strong sense of justice and have always disliked crime and criminals. I suppose anyone could feel that way, but it has directed me in life for as long as I remember. If people in high school wanted to vandalize or break laws, I refused to be friends with them. I maintained very few friends in my high school for this reason and it's partly why I made more friends on PC. My grandpa is a retired cop, who spent his entire working-life as a member of law enforcement, my dad also has a badge, and a cousin has spent time as a police officer. It's in my blood, in a way.

I spent time in college wanting to be a lawyer after taking several law-related classes, but the cost of law school and other factors pushed me away from that path. I feel like I could advance further in a law enforcement career and I intend to promote and advance as fast as I can to have a rewarding career. :)

If your username could be any color, what would you pick?

I like the old Assistant Admin green. If I could have the bold, green that they had, I would love that. It was sort of a relaxing color to me and I just liked it against the color palette of the theme I always use.

Beyond that, I always liked the mod-blue.

If you could mod any section, excluding VG again, what would you want to mod?

I would only want to mod VG again. :P But if I had to pick another area, I'd probably choose Fanfiction & Writing. I really enjoy creative writing and being able to create and read stories right out of someone's imagination, so that would be the section I'd most likely be drawn to.

If we went to Taco Bell together, what would you get? :D

I'd say crunchwrap supreme, but I've really been enjoying their chicken quesadillas lately. So if I was really hungry, I'd get a crunchwrap supreme, a chicken quesadilla, and a cheesy gordita crunch. :D But if I wasn't that hungry, I'd just go for the quesadilla. For my drink, I'd do a Dr. Dew (1/2 Mt. Dew, 1/2 Dr. Pepper) or a Dr. Pepper slushie. :>

Since you're so good at dates, how long have we been paired? ;) lol

I'm very dateable. ;) We've been paired since around March of 2010, I believe! :)

love you baboon!!

Love you. :)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    What's your least favorite game you've played?

What Pokemon do you like aside from Aipom and other monkey based Pokemon?

Why do you like monkey so much anyway?

Who are your dream villagers in Animal Crossing?

What's a game you've always wanted to play, but haven't gotten a chance to do so?

How's that guitar playing going?

Do you still speak to any old irl high school friends?

hi

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    What's your least favorite game you've played?

That is a tough question! Off the top of my head and not really from experience, I think I ended up liking Red Steel the least of any game I've ever owned/played. Not 100% sure on that though, but Red Steel was an original release for the Wii and the motion controls were stupidly bad. I never was able to beat it, but I loved it up to a swordfighting part that is basically impossible. So I quit playing and I ended up completely hating it.

What Pokemon do you like aside from Aipom and other monkey based Pokemon?

I like Squirtle, Bulbasaur, Tirtouga, Totodile, and Braviary!

Why do you like monkey so much anyway?

Not sure! Just my favorite animal. They're adorable and I wish I was a monkey trainer or something, but I am not. :( I also like pandas, koalas, puppies, and baby goats.

Spoiler:

Who are your dream villagers in Animal Crossing?

Nan, Beau, Butch, Rudy, Derwin, Keaton, Lily, Boone, Nana, and Flora!

What's a game you've always wanted to play, but haven't gotten a chance to do so?

I've REALLY REALLY wanted to play Civilization V since it was released, but still don't have a good PC for that. :(

How's that guitar playing going?

Eh. Okay. Almost have Blackbird by the Beatles downpat. :) I'll play for you soon. ;)

Do you still speak to any old irl high school friends?

Hi cutie pie.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Did you know I lied when I said I couldn't think of anything? Haha.

What's an instrument you've always wanted to learn to play? Ps: play sax again.

If you made a game, what would it be like?

What's your morning routine?

What's your favorite food(s)?

Do you still wear your glasses? :3

Any albums you've been enjoying this year? (Don't have to be released this year btw)

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    Did you know I lied when I said I couldn't think of anything? Haha.

Obviously. :)

What's an instrument you've always wanted to learn to play? Ps: play sax again.

I've always wanted to play banjo. I'm considering purchasing one soon, because I just love the instrument and love to hear modern songs played on one. I'd be buying a six-string banjo though, not the true five-string, so I wouldn't really count it as learning the real banjo. :P And I would love to play sax again, but I completely forgot how to read music and I haven't played in soooo long. :(

If you made a game, what would it be like?

I really enjoyed Fire Emblem: Awakening, so if I made a game, I think I'd like to make one similar to that. Maybe a Mario or Zelda themed like Fire Emblem. That would probably be fun to me. :P

What's your morning routine?

I usually wake up, check my phone for new reddit posts, texts, and emails, then watch an episode of whatever TV show my dad and I are watching while eating breakfast (right now, the Sopranos). Brush teeth, take vitamins, plan the day if there's anything to do. After that, usually just sit around on the computer until early afternoon, when we go to the gym to train and then run at the park. :D

That's my day routine, but...whatever. lolol

What's your favorite food(s)?

Right now I'm absolutely loving mongolian BBQ. Been like...my go-to food lately. Besides that, I love donuts. Like...I could eat donuts all day. Chicken strips. Tacos (street). Pizza! :) Caesar salad.

Favorite drink: Iced tea.

Do you still wear your glasses? :3

I do! I wear them in the morning to let my eyes adjust before putting my contacts in. :D

Any albums you've been enjoying this year? (Don't have to be released this year btw)

Honestly, no. I'm in a music slump. Not enjoying much lately and haven't bothered taking my iPod with me anywhere I go. Kind of sad.

The only album I've enjoyed end-to-end is the Cirque du Soleil LOVE soundtrack. It's all high quality Beatles recordings and I just enjoy it from seeing the show. So I suppose that counts!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    wtf when did you get a prius?????? this is the most important wiestion

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    wtf when did you get a prius?????? this is the most important wiestion

We got a Prius back in 2007. :P My dad got it when I was learning to drive and to save himself money on gas costs, which were beginning to get higher around then.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    *watches avatar video*
    ._.;;

Anyways, hi Klippy! I seen you around for ages but don't think we've ever quite spoken. Are you on any other websites as much as on PC? Or more?

Also admin green<33

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    *watches avatar video*
    ._.;;

Anyways, hi Klippy! I seen you around for ages but don't think we've ever quite spoken. Are you on any other websites as much as on PC? Or more?

Also admin green<33

Yeah, it's a bit disturbing. ;P

Hi adventure!

I have an account over on reddit and 4PGames (the website Morkula and I post video game reviews/content for). Beyond that, no! I post to reddit very infrequently when I feel I can contribute to threads there. I am really just a lurker on reddit - never a poster. :) As for that, the usual ones like Facebook and YouTube! Haha.

Thanks for posting! :D

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    :3 So you like writing? That's an awesome hobby we share. What kinds of stuff are you usually writing (or used to, unless you're still actively writing something)? Poems, novels, fanfiction...

Have you ever tried forum roleplaying? ;)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    did u know that ur a baboon

How loud do you like your music?

Do you enjoy murder mysteries? If so, never watch them with me.

What kind of food do you hate?

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    :3 So you like writing? That's an awesome hobby we share. What kinds of stuff are you usually writing (or used to, unless you're still actively writing something)? Poems, novels, fanfiction...

Have you ever tried forum roleplaying? ;)

I love writing! If I could write professionally, it would be awesome. But it's not a real career until you've written a book worth something, so I would like to get my career started, then work on my book. I have a very awesome idea in my head that I've been itching to write about, so that will come to fruition before long. :)

I mostly write my own works. Short stories and novels. But beyond that, I don't write any fanfiction. I prefer crafting my own worlds and ideas. :D

I have tried forum RPing! I have done a few here on PC, one of which didn't even receive a single response. Haha.

did u know that ur a baboon

How loud do you like your music?

Do you enjoy murder mysteries? If so, never watch them with me.

What kind of food do you hate?

i did bb luv

I don't like it too loud, but loud enough to drown out my bad singing. ;)

I do! But I promise to never watch them with you. ;)

And I hate sushi and sea food. :( CANNOT stand that crap.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    What's your favorite part about Hawaii so far?

When are you coming back home ;;

When are you coming to Alabama? n___n

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    Sorry for the late reply, sw33th@3rt.

I loved hearing the ocean almost the entire time I was there. Beyond that, I really like the Hawaiian language and the rainforests. There were some really amazing places to be seen. :) I'll show you pictures when you are home too.

I am home now! :)

Whenever you want me. ;)

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    What made you decide to become a moderator again (apparently for the 3rd time)?

....and why does Syd call you a baboon?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    HOW DOES IT FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL TO BE BAAAAAAAAAAAACK

how u like steak

I could totally answer Zekrom's question about baboon, but it IS your thread after all. Plus, I want to see if you actually remember the reason I call you that. :P

Back