• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Post your problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2007
    I will be a freshman in high school next year, and I am not the most popular guy around. That is my problem.

Jordan.

I'm not popular too. I never hang out with friends... Don't become like me or your life will be the boring-est ever. Just... Make new friends and all that. ^^

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    i hav bad speling in skool

You know so did I, in 7th grade I took a huge spelling test with like 100 words. You want to know what I got? 13%, then I spent 2 hours a day for a week getting ready for the re-test and you know what I got the second time? 42%, The only thing that helped me was joining the PC. I felt self-conscience about my posts so I would make sure every word was spelt right, it made more of a difference than I ever would of thought.

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    Too late. Twelve graders...do they hunt freshmen like on TV? I know it's wrong to stereotype, but I have no experience in high school, so...

No they don't go on a 'freshman hunt' (family guy flashback XD). Actually in my school they're helpful as they are more mature and realize how hard it was when they started high school. The only group that is really any kind of annoyance is the sophomores, they think there so 'bad' because they aren't at the bottom any more. But if you stay sociable and present yourself in an "I'm not going to take crap" manner, they will treat you as any other student.

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2007
    No they don't go on a 'freshman hunt' (family guy flashback XD). Actually in my school they're helpful as they are more mature and realize how hard it was when they started high school. The only group that is really any kind of annoyance is the sophomores, they think there so 'bad' because they aren't at the bottom any more. But if you stay sociable and present yourself in an "I'm not going to take crap" manner, they will treat you as any other student.

That's true. The Twelve Graders at my school are so cool and nice with the others. ~

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I have this problem of being rudely funny on forums, but a super nice guy in IRL. How can I help it pleez?
    Kill yourself, ahahaha. No but seriously, it doesn't make you look cool. I dunno why you do it. :| Teenage angst or something, perhaps? Trolling on the internet isn't rudely funny...it's just stupid, in my opinion. :[
    Too late. Twelve graders...do they hunt freshmen like on TV? I know it's wrong to stereotype, but I have no experience in high school, so...
    Trust me, by grade 12, you won't care about freshman. Some will be really helpful but for the most part they'll ignore you. You don't have to worry about them. It's the, ah, sophomores? If you start high school in grade 9 there, then you might wanna watch out for the 10s. They think they're oh-so-cool because they're high schoolers who know what they're doing now. But you probably won't have to worry. :x High school really isn't as scary as they always make it out to be on TV.

Merzbau

it's just a ride.
    Years
    High school is no different than middle school. Just the...IIR has fluctuated a little bit.

The Idiot/Intelligent Ratio.

High school's not scary unless you face it that way like it's some big obstacle.

You'll find drama-loving attention whores, bigoted people, and just plain stupid people. Just like you'll find anywhere you go.

My high school career so far has gone as thus:
    Grade 9: Awesome. Big group of friends, we rocked that school.
    Grade 10: Bunch of idiot drama-loving freshman come in and ruin things but in the end the year was just a big boring snore-fest overall.
    Grade 11: Should be interesting, to say the least.

Just pick friends wisely, and you'll be fine. If you befriend in my so-called idiot list, then that's going to be an issue.

In my experience, the seniors have always been cool to me. There are cool people in every class and there are idiots in every class, you just gotta find them.

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2007
    I think that asking someone to become friend is a bit odd. Jordan, just wait until someone talks to you and start talking. And then, you'll have a new friend, I guess. ^^

Cherrim

Years
    Yeah, I never ask to become friends; it's really awkward. XD;

But if you just talk to people, you make friends pretty easily and high school is a lot easier when you make friends.

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2007
    Yeah, I never ask to become friends; it's really awkward. XD;

But if you just talk to people, you make friends pretty easily and high school is a lot easier when you make friends.

Exacly! I agree with you at 100%. ^^

Fuwante~

~Floating in the wind...
    Years
    Another school time blues sob story~

I'm going into a new school, and It's a lot bigger than what I'm used to. The teachers are now split up by subject, and all in different wings.

I'm a little worried that my teachers will be a too far apart for me to get to them in time and get lost on my way to the classes.

Any advice?

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2007
    Another school time blues sob story~

I'm going into a new school, and It's a lot bigger than what I'm used to. The teachers are now split up by subject, and all in different wings.

I'm a little worried that my teachers will be a too far apart for me to get to them in time and get lost on my way to the classes.

Any advice?

XD... After 2 days, you'll know your classes' locations. Trust me... But for now, look a your schedule. It may have the location of their classes. ^^

Cherrim

Years
    Yeah, for the first few days, the teachers will be extra lenient on class start times, I'm sure. They'll know that everyone has trouble adjusting. :P It seems big, but soon enough you'll know the way to each class off by heart. ^^;

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2007
    Yeah, for the first few days, the teachers will be extra lenient on class start times, I'm sure. They'll know that everyone has trouble adjusting. :P It seems big, but soon enough you'll know the way to each class off by heart. ^^;

And if after 2 days, you're still having problem, then memorize the classes' numbers. ^^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back