• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Postgame legendaries

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    DP legendaries would be nice, but assuming DP remakes are coming soon, I don't see it happening, but who knows with GF :p I think Unova legendaries are the most likely as it's been 2 generations since unova, and 2 generations until unova gets remade (assuming they don't skip a gen again)

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
    I think Yveltal and Xerneas would fit well enough, especially with Zygarde already in the region. But I also think that Dialga, Palkia, and maybe even Giratina would fit well as well because of the alternate dimensions.

Years
    I think Yveltal and Xerneas would fit well enough, especially with Zygarde already in the region. But I also think that Dialga, Palkia, and maybe even Giratina would fit well as well because of the alternate dimensions.

Xerneas and Yveltal feel too soon, considering their focus was a generation ago. The creation trio would make sense considering the common theories and connections to Sinnoh.

pkmin3033

I really, reaaaallly want Meloetta to make an appearance. Or Manaphy, perhaps. Something that fits the tropical/tribal theme Alola has going on. But I think it's time Game Freak pulled their fingers out like they did last gen with Deoxys and gave us some more of those unavailable event-only Legendaries we can't even ask for on the GTS. Put Mew in the depths of the jungle to throwback to the first Pokemon movie. Give us Celebi in a forest. Jirachi, to follow on from Deoxys' appearance in the Delta Episode. Victini in a small Team Skull/Aether Foundation event to mirror its acquisition in 5th gen since they're making almost as many throwbacks to that gen as they are the first.

Something new, for crying out loud. I caught all the other Legendaries in ORAS, I don't need them again now.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
    Xerneas and Yveltal feel too soon, considering their focus was a generation ago. The creation trio would make sense considering the common theories and connections to Sinnoh.

Actually that makes a lot of sense. Does that mean no Zygarde or is that alright in your opinion?

Arjay

#GoStags
    Years
    I love Meyneth's idea of having Mew appear deep in Lush Jungle postgame. Others could include Manaphy at Brooklet Hill, Darkrai in the abandoned megamart and Shaymin roaming between the 4 meadows.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    I just want the gen 5 & 6 legendaries so that they can finally be caught in apricorn balls *_* also any blue legendary that would look good in a beast ball ;)

also if all the legends are shiny locked again I'm gonna be upset

Last edited:
    Years
    I just want the gen 5 & 6 legendaries so that they can finally be caught in apricorn balls *_* also any blue legendary that would look good in a beast ball ;)

also if all the legends are shiny locked again I'm gonna be upset

If I recall, all of the postgame legendaries in OR/AS were not shiny-locked. The only legendaries in that game with shiny locks were Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza and Deoxys, likely done not to mess up cutscenes that take place before you battle them.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    If I recall, all of the postgame legendaries in OR/AS were not shiny-locked. The only legendaries in that game with shiny locks were Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza and Deoxys, likely done not to mess up cutscenes that take place before you battle them.

As I've said to you before, the cutscene argument makes no sense when the SM starters can be shiny (and they have a cutscene as well). Also, legends have had cutscenes for generations since gen 1 and only have recently been shiny locked. Soo, not sure why this is still an argument.

The others were not shiny locked, yeah. But shiny Xerneas would be so cool in a Dive ball or something else that's not Cherish @_@

Last edited:
    Years
    As I've said to you before, the cutscene argument makes no sense when the SM starters can be shiny (and they have a cutscene as well). Also, legends have had cutscenes for generations since gen 1 and only have recently been shiny locked. Soo, not sure why this is still an argument.

I think maybe Game Freak is putting shiny locks on legendaries so that people don't get jealous of someone who has a shiny legendary. That's my other theory behind it.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    As long as it is not kanto legendaries then i am cool with what we get post game.

Y'know I wouldn't be too surprised if we got kanto legendaries considering the last time we got them (the birds at least) was X/Y, and they were a pain to catch.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Y'know I wouldn't be too surprised if we got kanto legendaries considering the last time we got them (the birds at least) was X/Y, and they were a pain to catch.

Hopefully not. They already appear in enough games. Let others shine like xerneas and yveltal who had one game each.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Hopefully not. They already appear in enough games. Let others shine like xerneas and yveltal who had one game each.

Yes, they appear in a lot of games, but so do other legendaries. They want you to be able to catch every pokemon with just a few games, so they shove tons of pokemon in.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Yes, they appear in a lot of games, but so do other legendaries. They want you to be able to catch every pokemon with just a few games, so they shove tons of pokemon in.

I just don't want more kanto stuff shoved in my face. That is why i prefer no kanto legends this time. Kalos legends needs it more in my opinion.

But feel free to prefer legendaries you want to see. We have our preferences.

Back