• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Postgame legendaries

Years
    A common trend in every follow-up game is catchable legendary Pokemon in the postgame, though starting from Platinum there has been a notable trend of various legendary Pokemon being catchable, while OR/AS dropped this big time by having every previous-gen legendary Pokemon being obtainable outside of Mythicals and legendaries that were in X/Y. US/UM is likely to be no exception, with some likely postgame legendary Pokemon that will be waiting for you to catch.

So, which previous generation legendary Pokemon would you want to be catchable in US/UM? And which locations in Alola do you think would be suitable for those legendaries to be found?

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Xerneas and Yveltal. They made the least appearances in the main aeries franchise. They deserve to return especially with Zygarde already in alola.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
    Maybe they could give us some "story" with the Postgame Legendaries, I mean, seeing as how US/UM are meant to be taking place in a different universe.

It could go like this with availability.

Ultra Sun:

Ho-Oh
    Groudon
    Palkia?
    Reshiram
    Xerneas

Ultra Moon:

Lugia
    Kyogre
    Dialga?
    Zekrom
    Yveltal

Some of these Pokémon fit the games, as they sorta have something to do with the Sun and Moon (colour and type wise). Dialga and Palkia have question marks because you know...

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    Like in B2W2/ORAS/etc, I'm assuming all the main legendaries from all previous generations (and then some) will be catchable.

Ida13

Gone For a While
    Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2017
    Xerneas and Yveltal did not get much attention, no third game for XY, were not in the series very much, and Zygarde is in the games. I would like the legendary birds to be in it, also. One for each island, and Lugia on the other one.

Phyrrhic

It's not very effective...
    Years
    The Unova legendaries got very little love in my opinion. Zoroark (pseudo) and the guardian trio got little attention outside of the anime.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Unovan and Kalosan legendaries would be nice. But basically anything extra in the postgame is welcome.

Years
    I feel we might get stuff like Latias/Latios or Lake Guardians, but I would like to see Xerneas and Yveltal be obtainable since they were only in X/Y so far, and the fact Zygarde was present in S/M.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    I think that Xerneas and Yveltal should make an appearance too, they were neglected badly in their gen.

Years
    ORAS certainly gave no fucks and included basically almost every single legendary post-game, although it was strongly hinted this was Hoopa's doing (which is actually a nice touch). USUM should be the same way, but I think it should be done slightly differently in the sense that there would be like... Ultra Space portals or something to fight the legendary Pokemon.

That would be an interesting idea to have every previous-gen legendary in US/UM, especially considering how much the Ultra Wormholes played a role in S/M's postgame quest.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
    I wish we could find Xerneas and Yveltal since they haven't been in any game besides XY. Plus, Zygarde is in Alola so why not? The question is... where should they be? Colours' idea of Ultra Wormholes was brilliant in my opinion! However, the Ultra Wormhole teleports us to the Ultra Beast's world, and even if they could find another UW to go back to our world, I can't see Legendary Pokemon risking their lifes to go into the UB's lair... Unless they were forced in some way...

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Older legendaries and ultra wormholes got nothing to do with each. We already have the whole Hoopa portals thing in ORAS. Besides, Ultra wormholes are meant for ultra beasts.

Years
    I wish we could find Xerneas and Yveltal since they haven't been in any game besides XY. Plus, Zygarde is in Alola so why not? The question is... where should they be? Colours' idea of Ultra Wormholes was brilliant in my opinion! However, the Ultra Wormhole teleports us to the Ultra Beast's world, and even if they could find another UW to go back to our world, I can't see Legendary Pokemon risking their lifes to go into the UB's lair... Unless they were forced in some way...

Older legendaries and ultra wormholes got nothing to do with each. We already have the whole Hoopa portals thing in ORAS. Besides, Ultra wormholes are meant for ultra beasts.

I can understand where Alexander is coming from, but maybe the US/UM plot makes Alola undergo a weird phenomena where legendary Pokemon are getting brought into the region by force.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
    I would really like it if the lake guardian legendaries were in Alola, along with Dialga and Palkia. We have been to different dimensions in Alola... its not farfetched to think that Dialga and Palkia could be associated with that. I also like the idea of Zygarde being in USUM.

Im not a fan of the ultra beasts at all. I think their designs are really ugly and I'm just not motivated to go catch them. I dont mind them being in the game, but I hope there will be some other post-game content aside from catching ultra beasts.

Back