• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Potential Number of PKMN in the Dex...

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Potential Number of PKMN in the Dex...

...is around 400? That's around half the total number of Pokémon unless GF added 100+ more in USM nah I'm just kidding they wouldn't do that or would they dun dun duuun.

In my opinion, that's a nice number. The SM 'dex only has around 300 'mons. :3

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    Holy shit that's a lot. I personally don't care, I think 300 is enough already. I just hope USUM has a National dex...

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Interesting considering how there were already a lot of Pokémon available in Alola to begin with. In USUM, Rockruff's dex number has been changed from 103 to 126 which means we should probably expect a handful of different Pokémon available right from the start.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • So 19 pokemon have been addeded before Rockruff's number. We had 300 in the last Dex, so at least 100 pokemon have been added.

That supports the theory that we will be getting more Alolans. And probably a few more ultra beasts. I am going to assume there will be a few new islands, which is why so many pokemon have been added.

I got to wonder what they will add at the start. Melemele already has a ton of low level pokemon. A good variety between generations as well. Oddish line is the only one I can think of atm, but I'd think that would be more for Akala,

Last edited:

pkmin3033

So depending on version exclusives, we *might* have almost every Pokemon available in Gen VII, sans the Legendaries they're too anal to include in the games and keep to time-restricted Wifi events.

I can live with this, if so. Having Pokebank pushed on me as the only means of getting older Pokemon really rubs me the wrong way as a concept, and it seems unlikely we'll get more Gen VII titles, so this would be nice.

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    It would be nice, better than 300, but still ridiculously easy to complete and get the Shiny Charm. I wonder why they're making it that much more accessible

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I wonder why they're making it that much more accessible

I think VC Gold & Silver has an influence on that number since they're compatible with Bank. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot more Johto Pokémon were available in USUM and even possibly have new Alolan forms.

Spyro

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    I think VC Gold & Silver has an influence on that number since they're compatible with Bank. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot more Johto Pokémon were available in USUM and even possibly have new Alolan forms.

New Alolan formes would be sooooooo great. This is like, my only hopes for USUM. I'm not the most hyped person about this game but Johto Alola formes would be enough for me, since Johto was my first region <3

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    Adding another 100 to the pokedex would be a slightly better challenge than just the 300 in Su/Mo to complete the pokedex, but considering I just finished completing the pokedex last Monday and I started trying to complete the pokedex about a week and a half ago... I would say adding another 100 would require maybe 1 more week of effort(?).

My biggest hope is what others have already mentioned is providing the National Pokedex, if I have to collect 800 instead of just 400 that would probably keep me busy for at least a few months. (There are still some really cool older Legendary pokemon I haven't gotten my hands on yet so that would end up being a continuous challenge.)

Years
  • So, if there's now several other Pokemon taking up slots before Rockruff's number in the new Alola Dex it seems to confirm that like B2/W2 there will be several older Pokemon added to the Dex, along with the recent confirmation of new Ultra Beasts.

The new slots could also mean possible new Alola Forms, since there was a lot of Pokemon that I feel could have had a missed opportunity for an Alola Form and the fact the original batch were 1st Gen Pokemon was probably nothing more than fanservice for the 20th anniversary.

Spyro

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    The new slots could also mean possible new Alola Forms, since there was a lot of Pokemon that I feel could have had a missed opportunity for an Alola Form and the fact the original batch were 1st Gen Pokemon was probably nothing more than fanservice for the 20th anniversary.
    I sincerly hope they will bring more Alola formes, just like ORAS brought more Mega Evolutions. They seem to abandon a lot of their new mechanics as time goes by so I hope Alola formes won't fall into oblivion; it's a way to fall in love with older Pokémon all over again.
    Looks like more work for a Shiny Charm.

Still better than 721 in X/Y and ORAS :P It was doable, but long. In SuMo I just spammed the GTS for a week and completed the dex. 3 times. :/

-Nonsense-

Luck = 0
    Years
  • I sincerly hope they will bring more Alola formes, just like ORAS brought more Mega Evolutions. They seem to abandon a lot of their new mechanics as time goes by so I hope Alola formes won't fall into oblivion; it's a way to fall in love with older Pokémon all over again.

Still better than 721 in X/Y and ORAS :P It was doable, but long. In SuMo I just spammed the GTS for a week and completed the dex. 3 times. :/

You're definitely right about Gen 6 pokedex's. I haven't even gotten back to it because there's still so much left. : ( You must have been trading the absolute best cause even with the Gts it took me awhile. I'm still in pain from trying to catch Corsola and Mareanie as well.

Last edited:

Spyro

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    You're definitely right about Gen 6 pokedex's. I haven't even gotten back to it because there's still so much left. : ( You must have been trading the absolute best cause even with the Gts it took me awhile. I'm still in pain from trying to catch Corsola and Mareanie as well.

Well, here's my trick, not sure how lucky I was but that's how I do it: I catch Pokémon at stage one, train them to fully evolve them. Then, I put them in the GTS where the demand is higher for a fully evolved Pokémon, and I ask for a stage 1 Pokémon. They grow up faster because I'm not the OT. Rince and repeat. While I'm training I check the GTS from time to time, usually I get my Pokémon quickly enough. Also, Wonder Trade all my breedjects or unpopular GTS Pokémon, to get rareball Pokémon. Those also are very popular in the GTS, so I never had to catch Corsola or Castform myself.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    So depending on version exclusives, we *might* have almost every Pokemon available in Gen VII

Keep in mind there will probably be new Pokemon catchable via the QR/Island Scan feature as well, and those weren't included in the regional pokedex.

So it's possible that they could throw in any leftover regular mons into that feature or another post-game area.

-Nonsense-

Luck = 0
    Years
  • Well, here's my trick, not sure how lucky I was but that's how I do it: I catch Pokémon at stage one, train them to fully evolve them. Then, I put them in the GTS where the demand is higher for a fully evolved Pokémon, and I ask for a stage 1 Pokémon. They grow up faster because I'm not the OT. Rince and repeat. While I'm training I check the GTS from time to time, usually I get my Pokémon quickly enough. Also, Wonder Trade all my breedjects or unpopular GTS Pokémon, to get rareball Pokémon. Those also are very popular in the GTS, so I never had to catch Corsola or Castform myself.

Sounds way easier then how I went about it. I'll try this from now on. And yeah wondertrading was a huge help (wasn't to happy when someone wondertraded me a Mareanie after I had finally found it) overall.

Spyro

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    Keep in mind there will probably be new Pokemon catchable via the QR/Island Scan feature as well, and those weren't included in the regional pokedex.

So it's possible that they could throw in any leftover regular mons into that feature or another post-game area.

Ooh, I didn't think about that! That means more possible Apricorn Ball Pokémon. Maybe every Pokémon will be catchable in Apricorn Ball with the possible upcoming Island Scan! ...if they don't remove it

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    This pretty cool. I wonder if they'll just fit the new ultra beasts in with the old ones, or just add them afterwards. I'll be pretty disappointed 400 pokemon are just the original Alolan dex of 300 + the island scan pokemon + new/extra pokemon. I want the dex to be at least slight different ala the difference between BW and BW2.

Back