• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pre-Ordered

BlueShuckle

School Boy
    Years
    I visited Gamestop today and preordered HeartGold. The cashier and I talked for about 10 minutes about it, and how he preordered it too. It's funny because I'm 15 and he looked like he was in his twenties. Anyways, has anyone else preordered HeartGold/SoulSilver?

4-01-10

Rai-chan

DINOSAURSMASH!!
    Years
    I haven't pre-ordered it but I am going to! I'm going to pre-order Heartgold
    Hiiii!! I can't wait! *Spazes*

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2010
    I gotta convince my parents to pre-order SoulSilver.

have they announced a release date for north america? cuz i wanna preorder both

I don't think they announced a specific date but I read on ign.com that it's going to be released in the second quarter of 2010. I could be wrong, though.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    Something about that date (04-01-10) seems a little fishy to me. I'm holding off on my pre-order until I see an official date from Nintendo.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    To clear things up, there is no official release date for HG/SS yet, other than that it's in Spring (March - May) 2010 and all. Shops are giving out dates, but it's just a generic one, really, and none (there are multiple if you look about) have been confirmed by Nintendo yet. In fact this is common practise, and had happened before such as for Platinum, Diamond and Pearl, and so forth, with all of the store-given dates turning out to be wrong. So it's best to wait until there's actual confirmation from Nintendo first on a more specific date.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
    Im not gonna pre-order. Im just gonna buy it from my local store.
    I already got HG. Just need soul silver. and when the English version coming out, Im getting both of them probably not at the same time tho

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I won't preorder. I still dunno which one to get ?(depends on version exclusives other than Kyogre/Groudon and Latias/Latios). Shame my parents aren't the sort of people to let me have both.

Anyways, hardly anyone pre-orders in England except parents hoping it'll go wrong so they can get their 5-year olds away from a franchise that is apparently big in America. The stores won't order too little or anything. they stock around 100, and there'll be 90 left a month later. Seriously, the last PMD games are already impossible to find in anywhere that only stocks its' Top 40 games.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    I will pre-order both remakes, however I haven't done so yet. Like some, I myself am waiting on an official confirmation on the US release dates of the games. By pre-ordering I get the benefit of collecting the three exclusive figures, Ho-Oh, Lugia, and the bonus Arceus. So for now, no I haven't pre-ordered anything, but yes, I do plan on doing so in the near future.

Years
    I am going to pre-order SoulSilver when the official release date is announced. I'll buy HeartGold on my own later on.

Lostworld

cosmic castaway
    Years
    A local guy imports games from America so hopefully I'll get both the games from him for a discounted price. ;D Since I'm in NZ, we won't get it 'till later later. :D

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Is there a special thing added when you preorder it? If so I will preorder it if not I wont as I wont need 2
    Usually when one pre-orders the game, it will include a Pokémon figure. For instance, those who pre-ordered the Japanese version of HG/SS got a bonus Ho-Oh figure if they purchased HeartGold, a Lugia figure if they purchased SoulSilver, or both plus an Arceus figure if they purchased both. So, if the same applies to the English versions, then those who pre-order will get one of these figures or both depending on if they chose to pre-order one game or both. The figures this time around look pretty nifty and so I can collect them, I do plan to pre-order both versions of the GSDS remakes, like mentioned earlier.

Eli

Years
    • WI
    • Seen Oct 19, 2011
    I think I'm waiting to Pre-Order, because I want that special gift they always give you.

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
    Years
    04.01.10 sounds too soon.
    I won't pre-order anyway. I'll buy it in a shop. It's kind of more safe for me when you can actually take a thing from a shelf then to wait until it is delivered..

Back