• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Prepare for trouble~!! [Team Rocket Fan Club]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
Years
I have another random question for you! Looks like I can only come up with those these days. Whatever, the thread lacks of liveliness :3!

Do you think James is gay? Why, why not?
No, I don't think so -obviously- hehe. One of my arguments is that he declared in The Treasure is All Mine that his first love was Jessiebelle. Since several studies suggested that homo/heterosexuality shows in early childhood I don't think he is.

hahaiamchris

Ultimate Dragon Taimer
Years
  • Seen Jul 4, 2013
Please may i join (grunts) (they are so clueless, i will just steal the pokemon for myself, gaar)<joking just joking, (or am I... MWAHAHAHAHAAHA) I will take Sandile and Zurugu(???). (thinks out loud) "I will overrule Giovvani" "What was that?" Giovvani asks "nothing sir" He lies. Ya I like to joke around, but really, I am a nice guy (no im not im evil no i am a lemon (EVIL= Every Villain Is Lemons) get it MWAHAHAHA, NWEHEHEHEHEHEHE)

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Oh, this. Regardless of if Jessiebelle was his first love or not, he was quickly put off by her dominating personality. This may have actually left a big impression on his young mind, and he became locked into the notion that all girls were similar to Jessiebelle. His experiences as a child steered him away from the idea of a romantic relationship with a woman. When he met Jessie, he found a good, reliable friend in her and never saw anything more. He never wanted any more than that with her.

Evidence that James is not gay crops up in the episode "Ghost at Maiden's Peak", where a Gastly lured James and Brock away from their groups using the form of a young woman. However, many will notice that James is hella more wary than Brock is, even while under the spell, and that the Gastly is actually male.
Another point- guess who James is happily hugging that episode? It's Brock...

And Episode 154- "The Fortune Hunters".
fortune.jpg

James said:
"I AM THE FLAME THAT BURNS BRIGHTEST!"

"A FLAME THAT LIGHTS THE NIGHT! A FLAME THAT SHATTERS THE DARKNESS! I AM A FLAMING MOLTRES!"

Ahahahaha I love James.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
No, I don't think so, I think of him having more of a, how should a put this? A 'unique and interesting' personality. I am a bit of a Rocket Shipper and as such I believe that James is attracted to Jessie, as seen at several points. Just because he has cross-dressed many, many times that doesn't necessarily mean anything. Ash has cross-dressed a few times and... (I don't want to finish that because something tells me I will start a war with a certain CafeMocha Shipper.

I guess I'll post my topic later.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
Years
Oh gosh someone made this topic? I've been waiting for this topic actually.

Now this is a very tough question I do say myself. I say he can be gay and maybe not. The way he stands and does his pose in the motto makes most think he is gay or maybe he is just flamer. I believe he has a crush on Jessie which will go straight into Rocketshipping. There might be some signs that indicates that he is gay but I don't really think he is truly gay.

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
Years
Oh, this. Regardless of if Jessiebelle was his first love or not, he was quickly put off by her dominating personality. This may have actually left a big impression on his young mind, and he became locked into the notion that all girls were similar to Jessiebelle. His experiences as a child steered him away from the idea of a romantic relationship with a woman. When he met Jessie, he found a good, reliable friend in her and never saw anything more. He never wanted any more than that with her.

Evidence that James is not gay crops up in the episode "Ghost at Maiden's Peak", where a Gastly lured James and Brock away from their groups using the form of a young woman. However, many will notice that James is hella more wary than Brock is, even while under the spell, and that the Gastly is actually male.
Another point- guess who James is happily hugging that episode? It's Brock...

And Episode 154- "The Fortune Hunters".
fortune.jpg

Ahahahaha I love James.
I know you didn't imply the following, but I don't think getting traumatized by a woman (or by a girl) in your young age can make you become gay. Simply because I doubt becoming gay is even possible (let science do its thing and we'll know). I think James is indeed scared of women because of Jessiebelle, but I believe he'll get over it someday (actually I don't, because the anime producers don't care about it, but that could happen in a more developed anime).

I like the way you're referring to the maiden episode as I read the Pokemopolis anti-rocketshipping arguments about it yesterday. The fact that a hypnotised James hugs Brock doesn't make him gay. Why? First, Brock is hugging him as much, and no way this guy's gay. Second, James hugs Jessie all the time, so does that make him bisexual? Ridiculous if you ask me! I believe James was more scared than Brock because he's a fearful guy and not as... promiscuous.

Now, the cross-dressing arguments... To me, James has been doing that for ages only to bring humorous moments into the show. I somewhat feel the cross-dressing is apart from his character, or if not, that he's just enjoying it because it's quite funny after all. Finally, I don't like the fact that Pokemopolis refers to James' gay sounding statements in the dub to prove his homosexuality since the real James is the Japanese one!

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I know you didn't imply the following, but I don't think getting traumatized by a woman (or by a girl) in your young age can make you become gay. Simply because I doubt becoming gay is even possible (let science do its thing and we'll know). I think James is indeed scared of women because of Jessiebelle, but I believe he'll get over it someday (actually I don't, because the anime producers don't care about it, but that could happen in a more developed anime).
In fact, science has proven that all animals, including humans, are naturally bisexual- it is simply a preference of one sex over another in an individual's personality that becomes prominent over time.

I like the fact you're referring to the maiden episode as I read the Pokemopolis anti-rocketshipping arguments referring to it yesterday. The fact that a hypnotised James hugs Brock doesn't make him gay. Why? First, Brock is hugging him as much, and no way this guy's gay. Second, James hugs Jessie all the time, so does that make him bisexual? Ridiculous if you ask me! I believe James was more scared than Brock because he's a fearful guy and not as... promiscuous.
Pokemopolis has good points, if rather exaggerated. I'm not saying him hugging Brock makes him gay, but really, it's a fact that the two are huggin and looking quite happy about it. What to make of that is anyone's choice; it is proof of nothing.

Now, the cross-dressing arguments... To me, James has been doing that for ages only to bring humorous moments into the show. I somewhat feel the cross-dressing is apart of his character, or if not, that he's just enjoying it because it's quite funny after all. Finally, I don't like the fact that Pokemopolis refers to James' gay sounding statements in the dub to prove his homosexuality since the real James is the Japanese one!
First off, I'm not referring to the crossdressing. Unless Moltres is female, James was not crossdressing. My point is that he as dressing up as a big, elegant, flaming bird. Doing a lot of flamboyant things, too. And he's such a drag queen. He enjoys crossdressing and being ridiculously flamboyant about it. Holiday At Aopulco, anyone? He had a ton of fun with that.

Second, dub characters are not the same as the original characters. Most of the time they are vastly different. But that does not make either any less "real"- it makes them different. And James is quite gay. Kojiro may not be (though probably is), but James is. Even Eric Stuart admitted to playing him as very camp. And what comes out of James's mouth half the time... well, the quotes I presented earlier speak quite loudly. And the infamous "It's times like these that make me want to go straight." (Water Flowers of Cerulean City)

In addition, for all you RocketShippers- James sees Jessie as a best friend. They hug like schoolgirls, neither gets jealous when a sort-of love interest appears, they're like family. For god's sake, if Jessie were interested in him, would she have tried to marry him off for the money? (Holy Matrimony) If James were interested in Jessie, wouldn't he be rather irritated that she carries a photo of her ex-boyfriend around? (Ditto's Mysterious Mansion) Would he call her old? (The Ultimate Test)

And:
Jessie: "There was something that prevented me from having friends when I was a little girl"
James: "It must've been your personality." (Friend and Foe Alike)

So romantic.

Oh and who can forget what personal belongings James has with him at all times? (Bad To The Bone) Tabs off soda cans, nail polish, lipstick and mascara, and photos of himself.

Now the tabs off of soda cans...
The tabs off the soda cans holds a special significance. Young girls will often attempt to remove the tab from a soda can completely. If they fail, they can give it to a boy and get a kiss, but if they succeed they give it to a boy and get sex.
*cough* James has many soda can tabs.

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
Years
In fact, science has proven that all animals, including humans, are naturally bisexual- it is simply a preference of one sex over another in an individual's personality that becomes prominent over time.

Where have you read that?! The cause of homo/heterosexuality is still a very controversial topic. Some theories imply genes would be the main factor, thus it wouldn't be influenced by the animal's environment. Of course, if you meant bisexual as having both sexes, it's true one can't tell the sex of a child in its early development, but that has nothing to do with attraction.

Pokemopolis has good points, if rather exaggerated. I'm not saying him hugging Brock makes him gay, but really, it's a fact that the two are huggin and looking quite happy about it. What to make of that is anyone's choice; it is proof of nothing.
I agree it doesn't prove anything. However, the argument makes less sense than it does since Brock hugs James as happily.

First off, I'm not referring to the crossdressing. Unless Moltres is female, James was not crossdressing. My point is that he as dressing up as a big, elegant, flaming bird. Doing a lot of flamboyant things, too. And he's such a drag queen. He enjoys crossdressing and being ridiculously flamboyant about it. Holiday At Aopulco, anyone? He had a ton of fun with that.

Second, dub characters are not the same as the original characters. Most of the time they are vastly different. But that does not make either any less "real"- it makes them different. And James is quite gay. Kojiro may not be (though probably is), but James is. Even Eric Stuart admitted to playing him as very camp. And what comes out of James's mouth half the time... well, the quotes I presented earlier speak quite loudly. And the infamous "It's times like these that make me want to go straight." (Water Flowers of Cerulean City)
I decided to write about crossdressing since James' gayness is mostly represented through that. Still I seriously feel it's done for fun, plus people who crossdress aren't necessarily gay. I've even heard of transvestites who weren't gay!

We both agree on the fact that the dub isn't the same as the original. Still, there is only one real James, which is Kojiro. If the Japanese producers decided marry Kojiro and Musashi (random and quite cheesy example), then no way James could still look gay. The power belongs to the Japanese staff and not 4Kids or whoever does the subs. The latters love implementing nonsense in the anime. It is thus an absolutely non reliable source in my opinion.

In addition, for all you RocketShippers- James sees Jessie as a best friend. They hug like schoolgirls, neither gets jealous when a sort-of love interest appears, they're like family. For god's sake, if Jessie were interested in him, would she have tried to marry him off for the money? (Holy Matrimony) If James were interested in Jessie, wouldn't he be rather irritated that she carries a photo of her ex-boyfriend around? (Ditto's Mysterious Mansion) Would he call her old? (The Ultimate Test)

And:
Jessie: "There was something that prevented me from having friends when I was a little girl"
James: "It must've been your personality." (Friend and Foe Alike)

So romantic.
I don't consider Jessie and James to be a couple in the anime like some seem to believe; I also see them as best friends or family.Regarding love, it's rather complicated. I don't think James is in love or realises it since he's so scared of women. I feel like Jessie tries to get over that fact, she does looks sexually frustrated :P (that's just the way I decided to see it). They would thus share a conflictual and strange relationship.

Oh and who can forget what personal belongings James has with him at all times? (Bad To The Bone) Tabs off soda cans, nail polish, lipstick and mascara, and photos of himself.

Now the tabs off of soda cans...

*cough* James has many soda can tabs.
It makes sense that James carries makeup for his disguises. Petrel the Rocket executive does too. Having pictures of yourself doesn't imply anything in my opinion, most of us have a collection of ourselves on Facebook. I bet making James carry pictures of himself was just intended to look funny.

Alright, the tabs off soda cans. Honestly, I had never heard of that one ever before lmao! I only knew the spinning bottle game. Anyhow, I also believe these tabs don't imply a single thing. I've known a few people carrying tabs around because they wanted to recycle them!!! Even if James had played the game, couldn't it be souvenirs of the girls that opened the bottles? Don't get me wrong, I don't think he did that, but I just want to show how trying to prove James is gay with such details is futile. Yes, I got mad at Pokemopolis' nonsense hahaha. Even though it was quite funny.

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Point: Brock and James hugging.
As I stated before, multiple times. It. Proves. Nothing. I. Am. Just. Saying.

Point: Kojiro and James are not the same.
They are not the same, and they are both real and true. One is the basis for the other, sure, but that doesn't make him any less real. They are both characters in their own right.
And oh, who had James/Kojiro crossdressing and dressing up as a flaming Moltres and happily having massive inflatable breasts? Oh, that's right. The original.

Point: "but I just want to show how trying to prove James is gay with such details is futile."
Then obviously you're not willing to listen to the logic of the defending side. Such intolerance, and so rude, especially with the effort put into constructing these arguments! You will only disprove what I have to say, and not listen to the reasoning? Not giving it a chance? Then there is no point to an argument, is there now. If you wanted to actually discuss, that would be different. But no, you just want to prove wrong, as evidenced by your cyclical defense.

I'm done; good day to you.

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
Years
Point: Brock and James hugging.
As I stated before, multiple times. It. Proves. Nothing. I. Am. Just. Saying.

Point: Kojiro and James are not the same.
They are not the same, and they are both real and true. One is the basis for the other, sure, but that doesn't make him any less real. They are both characters in their own right.
And oh, who had James/Kojiro crossdressing and dressing up as a flaming Moltres and happily having massive inflatable breasts? Oh, that's right. The original.

Point: "but I just want to show how trying to prove James is gay with such details is futile."
Then obviously you're not willing to listen to the logic of the defending side. Such intolerance, and so rude, especially with the effort put into constructing these arguments! You will only disprove what I have to say, and not listen to the reasoning? Not giving it a chance? Then there is no point to an argument, is there now. If you wanted to actually discuss, that would be different. But no, you just want to prove wrong, as evidenced by your cyclical defense.

I'm done; good day to you.
Oh my, my objective was not to make you angry. First, I read everything you wrote there (several times) and I tried to present my point of view on everything you said. The "futile" referred to the soda tabs only. I was attacking Pokemopolis with this word, because they are the ones who brought it on topic. I used "futile" as I don't think anyone can use bottle tabs to try proving someone is gay.

I really didn't want to start a war, seriously. These are annoying.

Years
The great Giovanni orders an end to this discussion. u_u

I saw what happened here and this was the reason I didn't want to talk about it. That being said, let's discuss something less serious. n_n

Do you think the Rocket Trio should have kept the Magikarp sold to them by the Magikarp Salesman?
If you ask me, they definitely should have! If it evolved into Gyarados, they could finally pose a challenge to Ash and co. in battles. :p

Edit: I'm not talking about the first one they received aboard St. Anne; that one evolved into Gyarados right away iirc. lol

Last edited:

miju-kun

soaring
Years
  • Seen May 28, 2014
Do you think the Rocket Trio should have kept the Magikarp sold to them by the Magikarp Salesman?
Definitely! If Magikarp evolved, Team Rocket would be beast! xD

Last edited:

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years

I assume you mean the one they bought in 'Pearls are a Spoink's Best Friend'.

I think they should have, other then having a super powerful Pokemon (who is 4x weak to electric) they wouldn't have to use the Magikarp Submarine anymore and instead could use Gyarados for transportation.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021

DEFINITELY! MAGIKARPZ THE MOST POWERFUL POKEMON EVER
If they are patient enough, it might evolve to a gyrados and destroy the twerps once and for all!
HAHAHAHAHAHAAH~

Come to think of it, Pikachu's Thunderbolt might just OHKO Gyarados anyway. :x Vaporeon's post reminded me of that. lol
Gyrados can learn earthquake and capture that pesky twerp!

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
Years

Definitely. They need a uber Pokemon in their team!

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Can I switch pokemon?
Scraggy here is cute and is demanding me to release ratata.
sqt6x5.jpg

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
What do you think the mascot of Team Rocket should be?

Meowth, thats right!

miju-kun

soaring
Years
  • Seen May 28, 2014

What do you think the mascot of Team Rocket should be?

Meowth or Mewtwo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back