• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Primal Reversion Discussion & Speculation Thread

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • So true, that. Maybe they should have done something like what they did with Victini, make it #0 and forget about it, because it isn't there in the dex. They really should make Deoxys #0 that being heard.
    Professor Juniper (young Juniper) says after one captures Victini that the reason it's number 0 is to give luck to those who hold the Pokedex or something like that, not that they are necessary ignoring the poor thing.

I do wonder what the story beind Mewtwo and Mew is...I know the creator in real life added Mew at the last moment...yet the other developers didn't find it odd that Mewtwo's name was Mewtwo...they should've wonder why 'two'?

Ontopic: It's possible that Mega stone exist but those in Kalos didn't know about them.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Yeah, they'll proably go there if they need a cover-up xD.

It would be nice if they also added some more backstory to our speculated KyoGro mega formes, because they seem to be the main legendaries in the old games and it would be something cool to see how their 'rage formes' were calmed into their current formes by Rayquaza or something, that would be cool.

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2015
    Wrong again. Professor Sycamore explicitly says that Mega Evolutions are only in Kalos. To quote:

Origins is irrelevant as what is canon to other parts of the franchise is not canon to the games.

I should think it would be obvious why breaking canon is a bad thing. And no Game Freak hasn't done so before. They've retconned things but I don't think they would retcon something so recent.

"There is still much we do not know"

So, he could not know there's megas outside of Kalos.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    "stating that they're showcasing 'never before seen Pokémon'"
    ...But we have seen Groudon and Kyogre before. New forms =/= completely new Pokémon. Now, I'm not saying that they can't be getting new forms or mega evolutions, but the wording here that TPC is using.....

lol, as if those 2 needed more power (holy crap the stats on those Megas). But they did give Mewtwo 2 mega evos and #GameFreakLogic, so it could happen....
    But I have to agree, more intense story is needed.

This is the same wording that was used not only for Mega Mewtwo Y, but also for Black Kyurem and White Kyurem. I remember this exact wording had caused some people to debate whether or not Black and White Kyurem would be their own Pokémon with their own PokéDex numbers. We all know how that turned out in the end. They could very well be referencing the Kyogre and Groudon we see on the boxart with that statement.

And including the legendaries as Megas would definitely spice up the story, and make Team Aqua and Magma seem more powerful and threatening for being able to awaken and possibly even control them for some moments.

I'd say it will be revealed that the orbs are actually their Mega forms, and the reason they wake up is because the orbs send them Mega.

I agree with this idea. Perhaps the team leaders' have Mega Rings and use the (Mega Stone) Orbs to awaken the Pokémon as Megas, when you fight them. You were unable to capture Kyurem the first time around in B2W2, so a similar thing could very well be done here, where the legendary is under the control of the team leader. This way they can still be Mega even though they are "in the wild."

Actually, RSE has no place in the Timeline yet. People just put it alongside Red and Blue because the Remakes were in Gen 3.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks so! The games have made reference to Hoenn, but nothing that places it in a concrete place in the timeline, the way gen 2 and gen 4 lock themselves together, and gen 1 in relation to gen 2, etc. I usually say it takes place at the same time as gen 1 for simplicity's sake, but some real concrete evidence would be more than welcome.

Groudon should get Solid Rock...oh and become Ground/Fire.

But Solar Power!
    As fitting as I think Ground/Fire would be, I personally do not want Groudon to have such a huge weakness to Kyogre's Water-type.

"There is still much we do not know"

Professor Oak didn't even realize that there was an entire region literally steps away from the Pokémon League in Kanto.

Adding Megas does not mess with the series continuity, because ORAS is going to essentially replace RSE in the continuity. And the only reason why Sycamore says that Megas are only found in Kalos is because up until XY, they were only found in Kalos. Mega Evolution is a major new feature that is used in competitive play. Unless every game from now on is going to be set in Kalos (no, please!) they have to include Mega Evolution outside of Kalos eventually.

Now is as good a time as ever to start. Lots of gen 3 Pokémon got Mega Evolutions and I'm sure we'll see at least a few more (starters, please). I have nothing against formes, but why make the "new" Kyogre and Groudon formes when Megas are fresh off the press? It already works very well with the fact that they're awakened by orbs (the orbs that "awaken their true power," similar to Mega Stones already, so hopefully their new abilities would be actual permanent weather, exclusive only to them).

Reactions: Nah

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Yeah, that could be possible as well. Or perhaps it could also be a simple form change like how Giratina reacts to the Griseous Orb. It could make things a lot less complicated.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Yep, especially since 'Key' Items are supposed to 'Unlock' things. Besides, there isn't any Oak saying - "This isn't the time to use that!"
    We can just hope Professor Birch is that lenient.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Omega Groudon and Alpha Kyogre is a neat idea! I'm pretty sure there is some sort of mystery behind these boxarts which I'm sure will be divulged into when playing the games, perhaps this will be the additional storyline?

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
  • What if they take the DNA splicer route and combine all three legendaries into a huge weather Pokemon?

~Platina's Jason~

Platina Fan to the 9th Degree~
    Years
  • "There is still much we do not know"

Sounds like you're grasping at straws to me. He explicitly said they were only found in Kalos so saying that there are things they don't know doesn't mean Mega Evolutions are elsewhere. Especially when the canon timeline says otherwise.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
  • If Megas are only found in Kalos region, then perhaps they could use X and Y to transfer over Mega stones?

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2015
    Sounds like you're grasping at straws to me. He explicitly said they were only found in Kalos so saying that there are things they don't know doesn't mean Mega Evolutions are elsewhere. Especially when the canon timeline says otherwise.

But you don't know this.

Just because one professor says it.
    People can be wrong, professor Oak believed he had discovered all 151 Pokémon.
    But then found out there's 100 more.

~Platina's Jason~

Platina Fan to the 9th Degree~
    Years
  • Professor Oak not knowing about other Pokemon is different because there weren't any other games at the time. There are other games now and if there were Mega Evolutions outside of Kalos you would expect Professor Sycamore to know about it since the Professors do tend to exchange information as evidenced by Professor Oak visiting Professor Elm and Rowan.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    To me, it looks like they're getting the Rayquaza treatment. I'm not sure if this has been stated anywhere before, but if you look at their designs; they resemble that of Raquaza's lovely golden tattoos.
    250px-384Rayquaza.png

I imagine this has something to do with how they're going to tie in Rayquaza to the story (since they're undoubtedly not making an Emerald remake). The way the Pokémon were announced suggests that it something similar to that of how Kyurem worked in BW2. So we could easily be seeing the reincarnation of the DNA Splicers (god I hope not), or there could be some sort of form that Kyogre/Groudon take when they interact with Rayquaza in some way. However, based on the designs, I'm convinced that this is how OR&AS are integrating Rayquaza, and the elements of Emerald's story into the games. As well as bringing these new forms in to spice up the original storyline.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I doubt its a fusion.Its been done already so the impact wouldn't be as great as it was in Black2/White2. Besides, Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza are complete Pokemon already. Kyurem is an incomplete Pokemon and the fusion is to make it more whole (and the Tao Trio did start off as one Pokemon, and I'm pretty sure thats not the case with the Weather Trio).

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I think Rayquaza if it has a Mega or a forme will gain Groudon and Kyogre's red and blue lines (with it transitioning like the lights in the Pokeathalon.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Professor Oak not knowing about other Pokemon is different because there weren't any other games at the time. There are other games now and if there were Mega Evolutions outside of Kalos you would expect Professor Sycamore to know about it since the Professors do tend to exchange information as evidenced by Professor Oak visiting Professor Elm and Rowan.

They can always bend the Professor-related canon around whatever they decide to include in the new games; that's how it's always been, and the fact that Pokémon is a thing that's being actively "researched" only helps make it easier for Professors to come back later and be all like "ooohhh look at this thing we didn't notice before!!!"

Back