• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Primal Reversion Discussion & Speculation Thread

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    That doesn't work when the remakes take place before X and Y. From a logical perspective alone they cannot include Mega Evolution.

These could be remakes and still not take place at the exact same time as their originals. I can't possibly imagine them not including Mega Evolutions in a gen 6 game; they'll come up with some excuse.

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
    Years
  • That doesn't work when the remakes take place before X and Y. From a logical perspective alone they cannot include Mega Evolution.

They could always say the Hoenn region has a deep-seated hatred of Kalos and as a result made sure Sycamore was kept in the dark (until he found out himself) to spite Kalosians :P

~Platina's Jason~

Platina Fan to the 9th Degree~
    Years
  • These could be remakes and still not take place at the exact same time as their originals. I can't possibly imagine them not including Mega Evolutions in a gen 6 game; they'll come up with some excuse.

No. That is literally a contradiction and just because X and Y had Mega Evolutions does not mean all generation six games must have them. Diamond and Pearl introduced various pre-evos but those were absent from HeartGold and SoulSilver for the most part and even then those games took place at the same time. OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire on the other hand do not take place at the same time as X and Y so there's no reason to include Mega Evolutions.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • I hope that if they are megas then Kyogre gets Dry Skin and Groudon gets Solar power, it'd be cool to set up the weather and then mega evolve for a strangth boost.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire on the other hand do not take place at the same time as X and Y so there's no reason to include Mega Evolutions.

Yes there is, and that reason being kids still want to play with mega evolutions. It would make zero sense to remove a feature from a generation just because it doesn't appear to make sense with some sort of arbitrary timeline we're placing on videogames.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • That doesn't work when the remakes take place before X and Y. From a logical perspective alone they cannot include Mega Evolution.

Mega Stones have existed since Red and Blue. Remember when Mr. Fuji gave Red Charizardite-X in Pokemon Origins?

Pokemon retcons its entire history with each addition of new pokemon.

Proff. Oak thought he had discovered all 150 Pokemon... because he never consulted Elm, who lives on the SAME land mass, Who owned at least 3 other pokemon - the starters.

Mega Stones will be in Hoenn. Every one will pretend they always existed.

BONUS POINTS if they find Mega Stone while HM DIVE.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    No. That is literally a contradiction and just because X and Y had Mega Evolutions does not mean all generation six games must have them. Diamond and Pearl introduced various pre-evos but those were absent from HeartGold and SoulSilver for the most part and even then those games took place at the same time. OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire on the other hand do not take place at the same time as X and Y so there's no reason to include Mega Evolutions.

Regardless of any timeline based issues, they will most likely put Mega Evolutions in the game because of compatibilty with X/Y (which I have stated before) and the fact that Mega Evolution is a fairly popular feature.

Besides, we don't really know when X/Y and Ruby/Sapphire take place in the timeline. Same gen =/= same time. All we know for certain about the timeline is that G/S/C/HG/SS takes place 2 or 3 years after R/B/Y and that Black 2/White2 takes place 2 years after Black/White.

Also, those pre-evolutions you mentioned were not in the initial Johto Pokedex because the Pokemon they are related to were not in G/S/C. But their were still other ones like Mamoswine and Yanmega.

~Platina's Jason~

Years
  • Yes there is, and that reason being kids still want to play with mega evolutions. It would make zero sense to remove a feature from a generation just because it doesn't appear to make sense with some sort of arbitrary timeline we're placing on videogames.

Kids will be perfectly fine without Mega Evolutions. They dealt without them before, they can deal without them now. Removing them makes perfect sense when trying to stick to canon.

Mega Stones have existed since Red and Blue. Remember when Mr. Fuji gave Red Charizardite-X in Pokemon Origins?

Pokemon retcons its entire history with each addition of new pokemon.

Proff. Oak thought he had discovered all 150 Pokemon... because he never consulted Elm, who lives on the SAME land mass, Who owned at least 3 other pokemon - the starters.

Mega Stones will be in Hoenn. Every one will pretend they always existed.

BONUS POINTS if they find Mega Stone while HM DIVE.

Incorrect. Pokemon Origins has no bearing on the games which explicitly state that Mega Evolution only happens in Kalos.

Adding new Pokemon does not retcon the history of the games. It adds onto the games and is always explained.

Regardless of any timeline based issues, they will most likely put Mega Evolutions in the game because of compatibilty with X/Y (which I have stated before) and the fact that Mega Evolution is a fairly popular feature.

Besides, we don't really know when X/Y and Ruby/Sapphire take place in the timeline. Same gen =/= same time. All we know for certain about the timeline is that G/S/C/HG/SS takes place 2 or 3 years after R/B/Y and that Black 2/White2 takes place 2 years after Black/White.

Also, those pre-evolutions you mentioned were not in the initial Johto Pokedex because the Pokemon they are related to were not in G/S/C. But their were still other ones like Mamoswine and Yanmega.

Except the only reason they need to be compatible with X and Y is for trading purposes which means they don't have to include Mega Evolution no matter how popular.

Also we do when every game takes place. I straight up linked you to the statement telling us this information and you chose to ignore it.

My point is that Diamond and Pearl added new Pokemon which weren't in HeartGold and SoulSilver for the most part and that those that were only got in because the fourth generation and second generation happen at the same time.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • They will have Mega Evolutions point blank.

Why? Because every game in the same generation can be played against one another. Do you honestly think they are going to have 2 different games that are not compatible with one another over WiFi?

HG, SS, DPPt, were all together and you could trade among the games. If they didn't put Megas in OR and AS, then they wouldn't be able to include those people in online tournaments.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Kids will be perfectly fine without Mega Evolutions. They dealt without them before, they can deal without them now. Removing them makes perfect sense when trying to stick to canon.

Incorrect. Pokemon Origins has no bearing on the games which explicitly state that Mega Evolution only happens in Kalos.

Adding new Pokemon does not retcon the history of the games. It adds onto the games and is always explained.

Who said Origins has no bearing on the games?? Its sole purpose was to pay homage to the very core of the games without deviating too much from the spirit of the originals like the anime series does.

I don't think Game Freak really thinks in terms of sacrificing features just to please the small subset of fans who's willing to look closely enough to try and find any loopholes in a "timeline." I don't recall witnessing the games explicitly stating that Mega Evolution can only happen in Kalos due to some geographical limitation.

Besides, if these games are to connect against each other, like Iceman said, then it's pretty much guaranteed.

~Platina's Jason~

Years
  • Who said Origins has no bearing on the games?? Its sole purpose was to pay homage to the very core of the games without deviating too much from the spirit of the originals like the anime series does.

I don't think Game Freak really thinks in terms of sacrificing features just to please the small subset of fans who's willing to look closely enough to try and find any loopholes in a "timeline." I don't recall witnessing the games explicitly stating that Mega Evolution can only happen in Kalos due to some geographical limitation.

Besides, if these games are to connect against each other, like Iceman said, then it's pretty much guaranteed.

The anime never has any bearing on the games. The only exception is Yellow which isn't even canon.

Then you ignored the games because Professor Sycamore outright says that Mega Evolution only happens in Kalos.

Not really. They don't need to include Mega Evolutions in order to connect and trade with X and Y.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Except the only reason they need to be compatible with X and Y is for trading purposes which means they don't have to include Mega Evolution no matter how popular.
    They also need to be compatibile for battling purposes. HG/SS and D/P/Pt are battle compatible with each other. It stands to reason that ORAS will be able to battle with X/Y as well. What's suppossed to happen when the X/Y player tries to mega evolve one of their Pokemon in a battle with an ORAS player?

Also we do when every game takes place. I straight up linked you to the statement telling us this information and you chose to ignore it.
    That tweet is hardly a reliable and definitive source. You need to provide better evidence that that.

Who said Origins has no bearing on the games?? Its sole purpose was to pay homage to the very core of the games without deviating too much from the spirit of the originals like the anime series does.
    Actually, Platina's right on that bit. The canons of the animes, mangas, and games are completely seperate and can't be used to support ideas about each other.

LiquidForce

The Upper Downer
    Years
  • To me, it looks like they're getting the Rayquaza treatment. I'm not sure if this has been stated anywhere before, but if you look at their designs; they resemble that of Raquaza's lovely golden tattoos.
    250px-384Rayquaza.png

I imagine this has something to do with how they're going to tie in Rayquaza to the story (since they're undoubtedly not making an Emerald remake). The way the Pokémon were announced suggests that it something similar to that of how Kyurem worked in BW2. So we could easily be seeing the reincarnation of the DNA Splicers (god I hope not), or there could be some sort of form that Kyogre/Groudon take when they interact with Rayquaza in some way. However, based on the designs, I'm convinced that this is how OR&AS are integrating Rayquaza, and the elements of Emerald's story into the games. As well as bringing these new forms in to spice up the original storyline.

You sir, you said something very smart. Seriously I'd never thought of this whahaha.

~Platina's Jason~

Years
  • They also need to be compatibile for battling purposes. HG/SS and D/P/Pt are battle compatible with each other. It stands to reason that ORAS will be able to battle with X/Y as well. What's suppossed to happen when the X/Y player tries to mega evolve one of their Pokemon in a battle with an ORAS player?

That tweet is hardly a reliable and definitive source. You need to provide better evidence that that.

Actually, Platina's right on that bit. The canons of the animes, mangas, and games are completely seperate and can't be used to support ideas about each other.

That's a fair point though that does bring up something else I overlooked: the question of how they're going to explaining trading between X and Y and OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire since they take place in different times.

That tweet is by Toshinobu Matsumiya who is one of the people who helps make the games. How is that not a reliable source?

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    That's a fair point though that does bring up something else I overlooked: the question of how they're going to explaining trading between X and Y and OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire since they take place in different times.

That tweet is by Toshinobu Matsumiya who is one of the people who helps make the games. How is that not a reliable source?

Call the trade station the "Time Capsule" and leave it at that. As important as the timeline is to the overarching plot (and trust me, I do care about the timeline) there is no reason for Game Freak to remove key new features for the sake of the timeline. In the video game industry, story is important, no doubt, but gameplay comes first.

And just a question, how are you certain that tweet was from the real Matsumiya? I only ask because it seems like TPC, Junichi Masuda, and other key figures who are all following each other don't seem to be following him (unless I overlooked them, but I don't think I did).

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • <this is a joke> ORAS will Remove the Physical/ Special Split to be more similar to the originals. Because that is more important than having fun in a video game.

There is to timeline, there never was. Only fan theories that GF is not beholden to.

~Platina's Jason~

Years
  • Call the trade station the "Time Capsule" and leave it at that. As important as the timeline is to the overarching plot (and trust me, I do care about the timeline) there is no reason for Game Freak to remove key new features for the sake of the timeline. In the video game industry, story is important, no doubt, but gameplay comes first.

And just a question, how are you certain that tweet was from the real Matsumiya? I only ask because it seems like TPC, Junichi Masuda, and other key figures who are all following each other don't seem to be following him (unless I overlooked them, but I don't think I did).

Honestly I'd argue that removing key new features for the sake of the timeline is fine. They've removed them before so I don't see why they wouldn't again.

To be honest, I don't. But if you trust Bulbapedia they link it as a source here.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Honestly I'd argue that removing key new features for the sake of the timeline is fine. They've removed them before so I don't see why they wouldn't again.

To be honest, I don't. But if you trust Bulbapedia they link it as a source here.

The only reason why I would believe it is because Pokémon that were transferred from gen 3 all say they came from "a long travel through time," but I still don't think that's a good reasoning to exclude Mega Evolutions.

I'm not quite sure what features you are referring to that were dropped; the only thing I can think of are the battle facilities, and while yes, they were dropped and brought back for only certain titles, those are facilities and not features. Dark-type and Steel-type have been retconned into gen 1...and I'm sure Fairy-type will be included in these games, despite having not been discovered until XY (Dexio and Sina made a big show of how Fairies were newly-discovered, despite most of the Fairy-type Pokémon already existing).

I just really can't imagine Megas being completely gone from these games. After creating so many gen 3 Megas, no less!

On another note regarding the topic that has come up about the DNA Splicers, I read another post here that sums it up pretty nicely: Groudon and Kyogre (and Rayquaza) are complete beings and do not need to have their DNA get all tangled up the way Kyurem absorbs Reshiram and Zekrom. It's an interesting idea but I don't think much will come of it. Maybe Rayquaza plays a larger role in these supposed "formes," but nothing along the lines of merging with them. There really is no need for that unless they throw a huge curveball our way and really alter the story and the lore of the Pokémon.

~Platina's Jason~

Years
  • The only reason why I would believe it is because Pokémon that were transferred from gen 3 all say they came from "a long travel through time," but I still don't think that's a good reasoning to exclude Mega Evolutions.

I'm not quite sure what features you are referring to that were dropped; the only thing I can think of are the battle facilities, and while yes, they were dropped and brought back for only certain titles, those are facilities and not features. Dark-type and Steel-type have been retconned into gen 1...and I'm sure Fairy-type will be included in these games, despite having not been discovered until XY (Dexio and Sina made a big show of how Fairies were newly-discovered, despite most of the Fairy-type Pokémon already existing).

I just really can't imagine Megas being completely gone from these games. After creating so many gen 3 Megas, no less!

The features I'm referring to are the menu on the bottom screen, the dream world, things like that. The latter especially was played up as being important and was dropped once X and Y came around. So I could definitely see them dropping Mega Evolutions.

Back