• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Primal Reversion Discussion & Speculation Thread

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    The features I'm referring to are the menu on the bottom screen, the dream world, things like that. The latter especially was played up as being important and was dropped once X and Y came around. So I could definitely see them dropping Mega Evolutions.

The menu is more along the lines of interface/UI rather than features, and games change these all the time.

As for Dream World, they dropped it, but gave us other ways to obtain Hidden Ability Pokémon (via Friend Safari). And Mega Evolutions are definitely made to be (and are) more important than the Dream World connectivity (which was fun, but didn't actually affect gameplay mechanics).

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I don't think that they'll remove an important feature like Megas. Dream World wasn't as important, besides XY is said to take place after BW, so that has nothing to do with the timeline.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I'd like to think that at least Swampert and Sceptile would get mega evolutions. It'd be a bit unfair if they didn't, and those 2 could use some love. Yeah, Charizard got 2, but at least Blastoise and Venusaur got one (and they don't really need another mega evo for those 2 anyway).

Wish we had more info on ORAS. And they're just gonna give us info bit by tiny bit.....

Years
  • I think Sceptile may have two...one Pure Grass and another Grass/Dragon.

Ontopic: If these are Megas I'm assuming they're going go give Groudon some extra special attack to make more use of it's special moves like they did with Absol.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Personally, while the idea of these new 'formes' is...great? unwanted? I well...I just hope they aren't too crazy.

Off Topic: Mega Evolutions being left out just doesn't seem right. It's like leaving out...formes in general. I mean, they're a big part of the gameplay, its kind of an established part as of now, so taking it out would be kind of..backwards. There'll obviously be some explanation for the inclusion. Something Nintendo/Gamefreak-wise...

Years
  • @Shy My thoughts too. They might as well take out the DNA splicers while they're at it considering it was kept secret by Drayden's family for years until B2W2...Also they should remove the 'newly' discovered Therian Formes too as they were discovered by the professor of PokéRadar which takes place around the same time as B2W2...oh and Hidden abilities. Oh and the Fairy type which was uncovered recently...

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • I would prefer Megas than Formes coz we are sick and tired of getting formes. Good thing Mega Mewtwo Y wasnt a forme. But I'm thinking they would get two Mega's each like Mega Groudon Omega and Mega Groudon Alpha, and Mega Kyogre Alpha and Mega Kyogre Omega.

But its possible we instead have Mega Rayquaza Alpha and Omega than the the other two having two megas since its too OP now.

tl;dr Mega Groudon and Mega Kyogre.

Years
  • Yeah Rayquaza is the one that is most likely to have two Megas out of the trio.
    Btw: I just read that one of God's many names is said to consist of the first, middle, and last hebrew letters. While they're Greek and not Hebrew Rayquaza may be give the Mu sign as it's the middle letter irc. Also Mu sounds (and is spell like the romanji) like one of the Japanese words for nothingness. Another Japanese word for nothingness is Sora which can mean Empty, but also Sky.

Years
  • It was sarcasm is respose to those who want Megas removed from these games :p

I see the Mirror in Scorched Slab (as that's based on the cave Amaterasu is said to have emerged from and a mirror was involved in that reappearance).
    As for the DNA splicers Drake can give them to us post game.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
    Years
  • Those images of Groudon and Kyogre... I just kind of wonder if they're actually alternate formes, or they're actually Mega Evolutions. But I had my doubts earlier this year and late last year about new Mega Evolutions being inserted into newer games of Generation VI, 'cause the amount of Mega Stones in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y are very limited.

Of course... every Mega Stones in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y can be obtained with 3DS save editors (such as Datel's PowerSaves), along with the Pokémon capable of Mega Evolution. The ones we know about that haven't been officially provided or shown are Mega Latias and Mega Latios. While Latias and Latios and their Mega Evolutions would be definitely in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, what about inserting new Mega Evolutions? Would it even be possible?

If there were Mega Stones such as the Sceptilite and Swampertite in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, which are not in X and Y, how would it be possible for online battling? Wouldn't it cause the game to crash if Mega Evolutions were used in a game where their models are not even available? How would it be possible to add in new regular items into a Generation VI game?

That's what I was thinking back earlier this year, having my doubts about it. It was only a few days ago I just remembered something... it was that I remembered that items in X and Y couldn't be traded with Pokémon, unlike in previous generations. I also realized that Mega Evolutions are just an alternate forme of that Pokémon, no wonder why the leaker of Mega Mewtwo X and Mega Mewtwo Y had called them "formes" instead of "mega evolutions", therefore meaning that Pokémon can be seen in the game with the Mega Evolution animation, but remaining with a regular model of the Pokémon instead of showing something completely invisible.

But then I came back to yet another question... "how would the items in the game be shown in X or Y during a battle with someone playing Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire?"

But then I realized, "oh hey, they never show the items during battle".

So now it makes sense as to why Game Freak programmed Pokémon X and Y to not be allowed to trade Pokémon with items anymore, and I know it never states messages like "Blaziken reacted to Xavier's Blazikenite" to the other player in an online battle, it just simply says something like "Groudon mega evolved into Mega Groudon!". It was done so that Game Freak could change the regular items in newer games in the same generation, and not just the Key Items unlike in previous generations.

But I highly doubt those images on the boxarts are actually Mega Groudon and Mega Kyogre. It just looks like regular Groudon and Kyogre. It's very likely that they will change the boxarts in the future to the actual Mega Evolutions of Groudon and Kyogre, once they are revealed.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Those images of Groudon and Kyogre... I just kind of wonder if they're actually alternate formes, or they're actually Mega Evolutions. But I had my doubts earlier this year and late last year about new Mega Evolutions being inserted into newer games of Generation VI, 'cause the amount of Mega Stones in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y are very limited.

Of course... every Mega Stones in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y can be obtained with 3DS save editors (such as Datel's PowerSaves), along with the Pokémon capable of Mega Evolution. The ones we know about that haven't been officially provided or shown are Mega Latias and Mega Latios. While Latias and Latios and their Mega Evolutions would be definitely in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, what about inserting new Mega Evolutions? Would it even be possible?

If there were Mega Stones such as the Sceptilite and Swampertite in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, which are not in X and Y, how would it be possible for online battling? Wouldn't it cause the game to crash if Mega Evolutions were used in a game where their models are not even available? How would it be possible to add in new regular items into a Generation VI game?

That's what I was thinking back earlier this year, having my doubts about it. It was only a few days ago I just remembered something... it was that I remembered that items in X and Y couldn't be traded with Pokémon, unlike in previous generations. I also realized that Mega Evolutions are just an alternate forme of that Pokémon, no wonder why the leaker of Mega Mewtwo X and Mega Mewtwo Y had called them "formes" instead of "mega evolutions", therefore meaning that Pokémon can be seen in the game with the Mega Evolution animation, but remaining with a regular model of the Pokémon instead of showing something completely invisible.

But then I came back to yet another question... "how would the items in the game be shown in X or Y during a battle with someone playing Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire?"

So now it makes sense as to why Game Freak programmed Pokémon X and Y to not be allowed to trade Pokémon with items anymore, and I know it never states messages like "Blaziken reacted to Xavier's Blazikenite" to the other player in an online battle, it just simply says something like "Groudon mega evolved into Mega Groudon!". It was done so that Game Freak could change the regular items in newer games in the same generation, and not just the Key Items unlike in previous generations.

But I highly doubt those images on the boxarts are actually Mega Groudon and Mega Kyogre. It just looks like regular Groudon and Kyogre. It's very likely that they will change the boxarts in the future to the actual Mega Evolutions of Groudon and Kyogre, once they are revealed.

Hmm, I never thought of online battles. And Swampertite and Sceptilite aren't in X&Y's coding, so I'm guessing that Blazikenite won't be transferable to ORAS. Either this or they would probably connect the two games through something else, like a Pokémon Stadium version or something.

Groudon and Kyogre could be made in such a way that their formes only activate in the Hoenn region, and while online battling they can't be toggled, maybe?

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • I believe that Omega Groudon and Alpha Kyogre are Mega formse, but perhaps they require orbs to transform rather than stones--and besides, I think the idea of Mega Legendaries is cool c: (except Mewtwo X and Y, those things were lame xD).

I don't believe that Game Freak will be adding an entirely new forme, but even if they do, it's still exciting to see how things turn out when more news of the games is leaked. :D

Last edited:

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • Those images of Groudon and Kyogre... I just kind of wonder if they're actually alternate formes, or they're actually Mega Evolutions. But I had my doubts earlier this year and late last year about new Mega Evolutions being inserted into newer games of Generation VI, 'cause the amount of Mega Stones in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y are very limited.

Simple: They could easily patch it into the X/Y games, whether in the form of an update or DLC.

Platinum Lucario

Years
  • Simple: They could easily patch it into the X/Y games, whether in the form of an update or DLC.

Yep, or they could just simply leave it as it is, 'cause even without the patch... the models of the original Pokémon would appear instead of the mega evolutions. After all, every mega evolution in X and Y is actually coded as an alternate "forme" rather something separate from formes.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • Groudon and Kyogre could be made in such a way that their formes only activate in the Hoenn region, and while online battling they can't be toggled, maybe?
    What would the fun in that be? There's not a point in having Mega formes only accessible/relevant to the game's story. It adds nothing if they aren't useful after the fact. :(

Platinum Lucario

Years
  • Ah! I just realized something, take a look at the coloured orbs from the anime!
    Primal Reversion Discussion & Speculation Thread

Now look at the orbs on the Japanese logos:

Notice anything... Omega and... Alpha?

This really tells me that these are the Red and Blue Orbs, however I do think they may get a name change though. They might be renamed to something like Omega Orb and Alpha Orb. And who knows, maybe the Jade Orb might return as well under the name 'Beta Orb'?

I'm kind of doubting as to whenever new mega evolutions are going to be introduced now, I'm actually thinking of new formes of Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza will be introduced instead. I'm sure it would make things more easier for Game Freak too. These could be used as regular hold items, but having the same kind of effect as the Griseous Orb on Giratina, but they'll have to make them non-tradeable though (and mind you, the Griseous Orb cannot be traded out of Platinum Version, so that it doesn't get transferred to Diamond Version/Pearl Version, since they don't exist in the coding).

Years
  • Ah! I just realized something, take a look at the coloured orbs from the anime!

Now look at the orbs on the Japanese logos:

Notice anything... Omega and... Alpha?

This really tells me that these are the Red and Blue Orbs, however I do think they may get a name change though. They might be renamed to something like Omega Orb and Alpha Orb. And who knows, maybe the Jade Orb might return as well under the name 'Beta Orb'?

I'm kind of doubting as to whenever new mega evolutions are going to be introduced now, I'm actually thinking of new formes of Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza will be introduced instead. I'm sure it would make things more easier for Game Freak too. These could be used as regular hold items, but having the same kind of effect as the Griseous Orb on Giratina, but they'll have to make them non-tradeable though (and mind you, the Griseous Orb cannot be traded out of Platinum Version, so that it doesn't get transferred to Diamond Version/Pearl Version, since they don't exist in the coding).

Actually those may simply be a Ruby with an Omega sign and a Sapphire with a Alpha sign as you'll notice their gems by their cut while the orbs are smooth spheres. Of course the orbs could've turned into Ruby and Sapphire looking gems... They could still be Mega evolution inducing items though. Korrina's grandfather mentioned that there are items other than Mega stones and the Mega Ring out there. These could be the first example of hold item. We already got an example of a human held item, the Mega Charm Diantha has.

Back