• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Primal Reversion Discussion & Speculation Thread

~Platina's Jason~

Platina Fan to the 9th Degree~
Years
  • Unless he is the sole developer of the game or in charge of the story, A. Developerman's blogs are not the greatest source, especially for an upcoming game. The games are the only reliable source for game cannon.

No. What people working behind the scenes says also effects what is and isn't canon. If someone working on the games says something is canon then it is canon.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • The Leviathan is said to be a whale sized dragon so Kyogre could be dragon type, and Ground looks like one. However I'll rather they don't go that path. Coincidentally Ground/Dragon is Zygarde's type and Water/Dragon is Palkia's...don't think we need more (as those type combos are shared with other Pokemon too).

Years
  • I don't get your point. Pokemon reuses legendary typing all the time. For Kyogre, Suicune already existed as a legendary pure-water type. If they really cared so much about keeping every legendary type unique, then we might be running out of games soon.

And how 'bout Deoxys, Mew, Mewtwo, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, and Cresselia?

Years
  • I don't get your point. Pokemon reuses legendary typing all the time. For Kyogre, Suicune already existed as a legendary pure-water type. If they really cared so much about keeping every legendary type unique, then we might be running out of games soon.

And how 'bout Deoxys, Mew, Mewtwo, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, and Cresselia?

I'm just saying I think they should limit the number of Water/Dragon types and Ground/Dragon types for the time being, not that those are meant to be legendary typings when quite clearly they were first owned by non legendary Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2014
    Does almost everyone think that Groudon and Kyogres cover are are new formes or mega Evolutions?

I know many people that have jumped the gun and assumed that they are mega evolutions. However I think this is unlikely--while mega-evolution is not a traditional, permanent evolution, it is non-the-less an evolution, which I think would be strange for a legendary. There are certain things that legendary Pokemon can't do: they don't breed (except Manaphy I suppose) and they certainly don't evolve.

If anything I think that it is more likely that these are new forms, akin to Giratina's Origin form or one of Deoxy's many alternate forms.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    They definitely are megas, they put to much emphasize on their new look. Plus there are trademarks for megas for them and a few other pokemon.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2022
    I know many people that have jumped the gun and assumed that they are mega evolutions. However I think this is unlikely--while mega-evolution is not a traditional, permanent evolution, it is non-the-less an evolution, which I think would be strange for a legendary. There are certain things that legendary Pokemon can't do: they don't breed (except Manaphy I suppose) and they certainly don't evolve.
    Mewtwo has two Mega Evolutions, and Mega Evolutions for Latias and Latios has been found in the code of the game.

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2014
    Mewtwo has two Mega Evolutions, and Mega Evolutions for Latias and Latios has been found in the code of the game.

Yea you're right, I completely forgot about Mewtwo. I was going to mention Latios and Latias, but they're not the same kind of legendary that Groudon and Kyogre are, given that they have genders and there are more of them.

Of course Mewtwo is sort of special, a man-made Pokemon, so it's easier to see how it could have a mega-evolution, if it was made by scientists. It's harder for me to understand Pokemon like Groudon and Kyogre having mega-stones. I suppose this would depend on if the mega stones were man-made by researchers or were found naturally (or both).

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    They however censored something after the legends activated their abilities. I assume that they don't want to show us the process of the transformation just yet but it was hinted at.

They might be saving it for later, then. Perhaps they don't want to show off another part of KyoGro's abilities or something, especially since Politoed/Ninetales now share their power.

Years
  • I don't think Jiranchi will play a part. However, it wouldn't be the first time an event Pokemon had something to do with the other legends. Arceus created the Creation and Lake trios, while Keldeo's story involved the rest of the Musketeers.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    I don't think Jiranchi will play a part. However, it wouldn't be the first time an event Pokemon had something to do with the other legends. Arceus created the Creation and Lake trios, while Keldeo's story involved the rest of the Musketeers.

Jirachi would probably stay an event Pokémon, though. It would have been cool if Jirachi interfered with their forms in some way, seeing that Jirachi is part of the 100 stat small legendary Pokémon, and they never receive any attention except for movies and events.

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    Personally, I don't think new Mega Evolutions particularly likely. While they could patch in support for XY, I don't see them doing that. In the past, the only patches have been bugfixes - they've never added in new features.

Plus, there's the fact that ORAS were almost certainly being developed simultaneously alongside XY. If they knew ahead of time that Mega Groudon and Mega Kyogre were going to be important for and used in ORAS, why not include them in XY to begin with, so you don't have to worry about patching everyone's games?

I guess you could argue that they wanted to keep them secret. Okay, why? How would a Mega Kyogre and Mega Groudon spoil the existence of ORAS? Nobody took the Mega Mewtwo twins and the Kanto starters Mega evolutions to mean a new Kanto re-remake was coming, so why would Kyogre and Groudon be different for Hoenn remakes?

Also, if they specifically wanted to keep them secret, why weren't they keeping other things secret, like Hoopa, Diancie, and Volcanion? Or the Megas of the Eon duo? If they were both willing and able to deal with a mid-generation patch to add in Megas from ORAS, there's absolutely no reason they couldn't do the same for the above-mentioned Pokemon.

They definitely are megas, they put to much emphasize on their new look. Plus there are trademarks for megas for them and a few other pokemon.

Many trademarks never amount to anything.

And simply pointing out that they look different in no way points specifically to Mega Evolution. It could be a Mega Evolution, a new form, or, hell, maybe Team Magma / Aqua enlisted the help of Cipher and they're XD002 and XD003. It could literally be anything.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • It'd be rad if the plot did involve Jirachi because it had no role in the original games whatsoever. Maybe that's why Magma/Aqua could want to go to the moon using the Space Station in Mossdeep; to retrieve Jirachi.

Years
  • It'd be rad if the plot did involve Jirachi because it had no role in the original games whatsoever. Maybe that's why Magma/Aqua could want to go to the moon using the Space Station in Mossdeep; to retrieve Jirachi.
    Only Magma was involved in the conflict in the space center. They wanted rocket fuel which they were going to use to blow up the top off Mt. Chimney. There is a reason why people call them eco-terrorists...

@ Sagiri: Well remember that they've developed other games at the same time yet don't put stuff from one to another.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Personally, I don't think new Mega Evolutions particularly likely. While they could patch in support for XY, I don't see them doing that. In the past, the only patches have been bugfixes - they've never added in new features.

Plus, there's the fact that ORAS were almost certainly being developed simultaneously alongside XY. If they knew ahead of time that Mega Groudon and Mega Kyogre were going to be important for and used in ORAS, why not include them in XY to begin with, so you don't have to worry about patching everyone's games?

I guess you could argue that they wanted to keep them secret. Okay, why? How would a Mega Kyogre and Mega Groudon spoil the existence of ORAS? Nobody took the Mega Mewtwo twins and the Kanto starters Mega evolutions to mean a new Kanto re-remake was coming, so why would Kyogre and Groudon be different for Hoenn remakes?

Also, if they specifically wanted to keep them secret, why weren't they keeping other things secret, like Hoopa, Diancie, and Volcanion? Or the Megas of the Eon duo? If they were both willing and able to deal with a mid-generation patch to add in Megas from ORAS, there's absolutely no reason they couldn't do the same for the above-mentioned Pokemon.

Many trademarks never amount to anything.

And simply pointing out that they look different in no way points specifically to Mega Evolution. It could be a Mega Evolution, a new form, or, hell, maybe Team Magma / Aqua enlisted the help of Cipher and they're XD002 and XD003. It could literally be anything.

Well no one would expect another gen 1 remake that's why, and maybe the megas are there just incredibly hidden in the code. And the last trademarks resulted in all the megas we had in x and y with the exception of like 3. So I will still believe they are megas as this seems to be in development much longer.

Back