• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Primal Reversion Discussion & Speculation Thread

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
    Devolution, does this mean they will be weaker?

No, they're devolving into their previous formes which have more power than their current formes because they haven't used up the energy to make land or sea or whatever tbh idk I just know that they're becoming stronger because they're in their original formes

Years
    No, they're devolving into their previous formes which have more power than their current formes because they haven't used up the energy to make land or sea or whatever tbh idk I just know that they're becoming stronger because they're in their original formes

A STRONGER Kyogre? I am scared lol. Lets hope it requires q held item like a Mega stone(Perhaps orb) or loses drizzle. Tho I doubt it will be better competitively. As Kyogre is one if the best (The best imo) Pokemon in the game. Making it stronger is just.....Awesome. Kyogre will be Dragon Water, and Groudon will be fire ground. Idk, just guessing.

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
    A STRONGER Kyogre? I am scared lol. Lets hope it requires q held item like a Mega stone(Perhaps orb) or loses drizzle. Tho I doubt it will be better competitively. As Kyogre is one if the best (The best imo) Pokemon in the game. Making it stronger is just.....Awesome. Kyogre will be Dragon Water, and Groudon will be fire ground. Idk, just guessing.

I'm 99% sure they will require hold items because in the corocoro scans where it shows them off in battle next to kyogres name there is a blue circle and groudon has a red circle kinda like the mega evolution symbol thing, but it's different.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    I know it's also VERYY beta, but I believe it was said they would function like Mega Evos, so that could possibly indicate a temporary and item-induced form.

Years
    I think it would be neat if they used this chance to power up weaker or ancient pokemon like Dunsparce, Unkown, and Relicanth. And if Groudon's and Kyogre's new forms get a new type, I'm hoping for Ground/Grass and Water/Ice.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    You're right, it isn't a fair fight, Kyogre would win every time. Will they do anything about it with these prehistoric forms? Maybe. I just don't feel it's necessary, especially if you consider Rayquaza as the peacemaker of the trio, equalizing both of them, as is represented in various fan art pieces of the three together, haha.

Not just in fan art but in Emerald and even in official art too.

Imagine if Prehistoric Kyogre were Water/Ice...and Prehistoric Groudon were Ground/Fire and Prehistoric Rayquaza stayed Dragon/Flying. Prehistoric Kyogre will hurt both of them with her Hydro Pumps and Blizzards/Ice Beams.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    What if they were introduced with new abilities that cancel out their typings? Or atleast make them inverted. I mean we see Inverse Battles possible in XY, maybe this is the time to really expand this?

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    I kinda agree that Rayquaza should receive an ancient devolution as well. Seems fitting that the 3rd one should get it.

As for the other Pokemon, I think the fossils should also get them since we are at the topic of ancient devolution right?

Years
    I don't think they should mess with Groudon being weaker in typing to Kyogre. It really not meant to be even. It's strange though that sea and land explain their dynamic, but Xerneas should've been weaker than Yvetal considering all living things die in due time. Though I guess it's more of an idealist "in the end life/light always wins".

Years
    I don't know that they would revert current Mega evolutions to devolutions. It will be interesting to see if they add any more Pokemon to the devolution list, but for now I think it wouldn't be surprising if that list only contained Groudon and Kyogre for ORAS. Seems like something special to the legendary mascots, but I could be wrong.

Years
    Their animation didn't look too different from Mega Evolution after all. I'm assuming we'll get some more info today or this weekend on them and what we have yet to see at E3

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    I mean that doesn't really confirm they're Megas, but it does look more than just a form. But it could be just how they activate their new form.

Years
    I mean that doesn't really confirm they're Megas, but it does look more than just a form. But it could be just how they activate their new form.

I think they'll have a similar mechanic to mega evolution. Technically it's devolution so it's not a forme in the traditional sense.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
    I always thought it was weird that Groudon is weak to Kyogre, but they battles to exhaustion. Now double that weakness. His ability could be Solid Rock, or a new ability to neutralize water. Or, a Freeze-Dry attack but for Fire Types "Steam Boiler"

What will be their new Ability in Primal Mode? The Same? Or NEW!OMG!!!

I say Groudon needs an ability to neutralize water. or just Solid Rock. Although the could go the T-Tar route and have bouth abilities summon weather.

Last edited:

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    Primal Groudon being Fire/Ground just makes Groudon even weaker to Kyogre. A.k.a. Kyogre is still the best legendary, Kyogre master race forever.

Y2A_Alkis

Been there since day 1.
    Years
    Imo, Ground/Fire makes more sense flavor-wise. With the whole magma thing and all. I always wondered why Groudon got Eruption as the strongest move back in the day, even it wasn't a Fire type.
    Furthermore, Primal Groudon gains 2 resistances and loses 2 weaknesses trading a critical weakness in return. That's pretty nice in my book, too.

But likewise they could've made Primal Kyogre Water/Ice or something to better portray the cold depths of the deep ocean. (It learns sheer cold after all)

And I'm curios if Rayquaza also gets a Primal forme.

Years
    They should've done that with Mewtwo Y...alas they didn't call it Awakened Mewtwo. Apparently Megas are close to "Awakened" states, so in a way it could be seeing how Ancient devolution is similar to Mega Evolution.
    Personally I wished they didnt tamper with mewtwo, neither or his formes look visually appealing nor do they really make sense with him. Its not unexplainable but I would have prefered if they gave mewtwo that robot suit from the anime to be his super form. That would have been unique.

Years
    Imo, Ground/Fire makes more sense flavor-wise. With the whole magma thing and all. I always wondered why Groudon got Eruption as the strongest move back in the day, even it wasn't a Fire type.
    Furthermore, Primal Groudon gains 2 resistances and loses 2 weaknesses trading a critical weakness in return. That's pretty nice in my book, too.

But likewise they could've made Primal Kyogre Water/Ice or something to better portray the cold depths of the deep ocean. (It learns sheer cold after all)

And I'm curios if Rayquaza also gets a Primal forme.
    I think it will.

Yes, now Mega Swampert is the Ultimate counter to Ancient Groudon...if it weren't for Groudon knowing Solar Beam...

Years
    Primal Reversion Discussion & Speculation Thread
    Primal Reversion Discussion & Speculation Thread

Based on these screenshots, I think it's safe to assume that the only Pokemon getting a devolution form will be Groudon, Kyogre, and possibly Rayquaza. Instead of being a general symbol like Mega evolutions had in their status box, the sphere is customized and has Kyogre/Groudon's main colors. That's an indicator of this being an exclusive form, at least to me.

Back