• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Prism League Discussion (Previously "Our own Pokemon X/Y League")

Leaders/E4 using Pokemon whose Megas change to a different type, yes or no?

• Yes

Votes: 25 75.8%
  • No

Votes: 8 24.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
    Whew... Mondays really are rough for me. : c But I am le back, and am going to begin a new practice of seeking challengers instead of waiting for challengers to seek me. See if poking that end of the league helps more than bugging the leaders. WHO KNOWS. If the challengers are active, maybe the leaders will follow. Ironic.

AdamEternal

Vanished, poof, gone!
    Years
    ...So I'm back after a school week, and this is what I come back to. Not even a page more, on either thread. Well, weekend here, prepare for activity once again! ^^

But they didn't say you can't touch your iPad!

...what?
    Wish I had an iPad... Closest I got is a 3DS. :P

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    ...So I'm back after a school week, and this is what I come back to. Not even a page more, on either thread. Well, weekend here, prepare for activity once again! ^^
    Well, I'm not the one in charge, so...I can't do anything. :P

Wish I had an iPad... Closest I got is a 3DS. :P
    You have not crossed to the Dark Side. Don't go to the light...!

JustJeff

Striving for Rank #1
    Years
    Challenger here form the Prism League~ I have 1 question? or perhaps need clarification~

So is the Prism League still in Beta? because I would really like to see the league itself grow and become a success! :D
    and considering ORAS is coming near~ ayyyy~~~~ pretty sure new players are going to pop up~

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Challenger here form the Prism League~ I have 1 question? or perhaps need clarification~

So is the Prism League still in Beta? because I would really like to see the league itself grow and become a success! :D
    and considering ORAS is coming near~ ayyyy~~~~ pretty sure new players are going to pop up~
    Yeah....the beta stage thing is lasting longer than I thought it would. Mainly because we're still waiting on the rest of the badges and banners to be made and trying to sort out some of the inactive members.

And I do hope that ORAS brings in some more challengers.....

JustJeff

Striving for Rank #1
    Years
    Yeah....the beta stage thing is lasting longer than I thought it would. Mainly because we're still waiting on the rest of the badges and banners to be made and trying to sort out some of the inactive members.

And I do hope that ORAS brings in some more challengers.....

Ahh.... I see I see.... I really do~
    Well, thanx for the update~

Polar Spectrum

Years
    I think we can safely assume indefinite hiatus from Cakesu on the badges, the ones we do have from her are really beautiful though, so we have thooooose. But anybody who wants to follow Srinator's steps in finding your own, or Blue's for making your own, go ahead. :3

On the 'beta' label, hey we could carry that all the way to ORAS and kick it into "official" mode then - but we're already giving out the emblems for beating it, and having moderate if not consistently busy success - so meh. It's working for where it is now and that's that. :P Could be better could be worse, but the beta thing makes sense while we're still cycling leaders so often and stuff.

Cakesu

Hyrule's Saviour
    Years
    I think we can safely assume indefinite hiatus from Cakesu on the badges, the ones we do have from her are really beautiful though, so we have thooooose. But anybody who wants to follow Srinator's steps in finding your own, or Blue's for making your own, go ahead.

I'm not on hiatus at all. I just wanted to design them all at once and then work on them one by one.

But you guys are free to do as you wish, just let me know.

AdamEternal

Vanished, poof, gone!
    Years
    I just thought of something. When all the badges are done, will people still be able to choose their types when becoming a GL/E4? For example, if Cyclone (sorry, dude) was kicked for, say, turning out to be a mass hacker, and, say, xsillyboy86372629lol replaces him, and he wants the types.... Yes, 'say' again. Say he wants the types Bug/Poison, will he be aloud to have those types and Caksu will have to make a 'Venomous' badge (couldn't think of anything better)? Or will he have to stick with the Fairy/Dark Solitary badge? (I think that's what it's called.)

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I just thought of something. When all the badges are done, will people still be able to choose their types when becoming a GL/E4? For example, if Cyclone (sorry, dude) was kicked for, say, turning out to be a mass hacker, and, say, xsillyboy86372629lol replaces him, and he wants the types.... Yes, 'say' again. Say he wants the types Bug/Poison, will he be aloud to have those types and Caksu will have to make a 'Venomous' badge (couldn't think of anything better)? Or will he have to stick with the Fairy/Dark Solitary badge? (I think that's what it's called.)
    I don't think that we'd want to have people be locked into the types of their predecessor. People will enjoy being a leader if they get to pick their own types. Besides, if someone replaces me, they'd have to go with Fire/Rock, and I don't think that too many people would be excited to be forced into those types.

So, we either have Cakesu just make more badges, or the newcomers make their own. Or both.

Ideally though, we wouldn't have to worry about this much if we had a full roster of active leaders who aren't likely to be replaced.

Polar Spectrum

Years
    I don't think that we'd want to have people be locked into the types of their predecessor. People will enjoy being a leader if they get to pick their own types. Besides, if someone replaces me, they'd have to go with Fire/Rock, and I don't think that too many people would be excited to be forced into those types.

So, we either have Cakesu just make more badges, or the newcomers make their own. Or both.

Ideally though, we wouldn't have to worry about this much if we had a full roster of active leaders who aren't likely to be replaced.

Prism League Discussion (Previously "Our own Pokemon X/Y League")

But yeah, we'll manage. :P And Cakesu, sorry for the assumptions, it's just confusing is all. ^^ I think I may have something for the contrast symbol soon matter'a'fact

Reactions: Nah

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I see our discussion has died. I was holding off on a challenge to see the status of the league. What's going on?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I see our discussion has died. I was holding off on a challenge to see the status of the league. What's going on?
    Well, as you can see, not much unfortunately. Do you happen to have ideas on how to boost activity?

And I need to get back to doing my own challenge

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Well, as you can see, not much unfortunately. Do you happen to have ideas on how to boost activity?

And I need to get back to doing my own challenge
    Other than having leaders who do not have all sorts of other commitments?

Not really. :P

I think school resuming destroyed the great amount of activity that we had. And I'mm be starting Smash Bros. tomorrow, so while I will still do Pokémon stuff (I'm also a cloner now), I'm going to work on my Dex today and try to finish the bulk of it.

Polar Spectrum

Years
    Hahah just don't panic and we'll be fine. If you take into account how many things at once are taking people's attention from everything right now, it makes sense.

Yes, school started again, and that's huge. Super Smash Bros, is the biggest thing on any handheld right now, and that's a direct diversion of would be X/Y activity, as well as anyone on Showdown who actually owns a 3DS, so that as well. And, remember we're bracing for an imminent new title in the pokemon franchise too.

So just, yeah. Things, it's not like it's done - it's just in a lull. We've had the opposite situation before where too much was going on to keep up with, so savor the other end of the cycle too eh? :P I'd bet stunfisks to darkrais once ORAS drops we're stuck with not even being able to keep up again.

ALSO. I think I'm going to restart my challenge. With a mix of losing momentum on my current one, and kinda wanting to change that team in more ways than just builds, it seems like a good idea.

AdamEternal

Vanished, poof, gone!
    Years
    So in other words, we just wait? At the time of this message, I'm waiting for a sandwich. (I told them I could make my own Jam Sandwich. Did they listen? They're tired. Of course they didn't.) Too much waiting.

Quick Edit: And when it does come, it doesn't have butter. What do they think I brought it out for?

Polar Spectrum

Years
    I'd say more of wait and play. :3 I've seen a lot of entire Super Smash Bros websites that got 2 - 10 hits a day a year or so ago suddenly come back to life with the new one being out. We can pass this lull by just chillin'. And yeah, playing. Anyone wanna help me test a few new challenge teams? I'mma start over again I think.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Oh, btw, Ingo told me that the reason he hasn't been around for a while is because he's been incredibly busy with university and moving or something, and he apologizes for his absence. And I take it that he'll still be busy with that for a while. So yeah.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back