• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Prism League Discussion (Previously "Our own Pokemon X/Y League")

Leaders/E4 using Pokemon whose Megas change to a different type, yes or no?

• Yes

Votes: 25 75.8%
  • No

Votes: 8 24.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AdamEternal

Vanished, poof, gone!
Years
  • This was from the Challenge thread, moving the discussion here because this is the discussion thread. :)

I'M BACK! My sincerest apologies for the long wait as I did gain internet about a month ago but due to work I had to extend the hiatus for my mental health... For I work at Wal-mart, and the Holiday season for us is ungodly busy due to us being a small store, the higher up saying we have to have all registers open between 12-6 weekends, and the whole week of Christmas, we don't have enough Cashiers to fill the roles so they had to take people off the floors leading to Bad Customer and Associate experiences.

But enough about that, I did obtain a copy of Alpha sapphire but i have not progressed far due to what starter i want to use, team build ups, that AMAZING dex nav and all the egg choice and Abilities and worrying about Contests and who i want were... stuff like that... Anyway have no clue if i have been replaced or not, did message Polar seeing if he wanted his team back (so worried if i was gone for much longer he would think i stole them or something) so thats all up to you guys.

Well, now that you're here, have you heard of the new icons?

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
  • I have received challenges here and there and would like to actually set times and dates for people that want the Oblivion Badge. I'm not away from the forums, just that the thread became inactive for a while. Would like to battle people here and there.

I'm off from school and work tomorrow, so we can set challenges so on and so forth. Looking forward to battle you!

(I transferred my Pokes to my Omega Ruby, does it matter?)

It's cool, activity goes up and down. If you have a skype name, or number you don't think it'd be creepy for me to text you at, or some other means outside the forum I could contact you at and let you know you have a challenger pending - I could use that to give you a heads up?

And no, transferring your pokes to OR/AS will still allow you to play people both in ORAS as well as X/Y. The only thing is new additions (such as new megas) can't be used against X/Y players.

Polar Spectrum

Years
  • Hey y'all - one of the less active gym leaders in the 3DS division has been replaced with a more active combatant! Xairmo will be taking the place of Megaseeker in the 3DS division, and keeping the typing Dragon/Steel. (But changing the badge name from 'all-out' to something else.)

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
  • Wow, last message on January 17th and only one request from a challenger. :x

seems like I haven't missed much.
    Still would be nice to have gotten a response to my challenge...

Edit: I haven't heard back from Charizard_Man either, do Krystia and Polar sub for them as well?

Last edited:

Polar Spectrum

Years
  • So we have a conundrum in the 3DS league - Xairmo has reached champion position, but he could also replace Megaseeker for the dragon / steel spot in the league. :I

We'd had similar situations where Krystia and I reached the champ spot, but left it open in lieu of both of us being part of the league. Should we just finally have a champ, or should we continue leaving it open in wait for someone who's not actually replacing an inactive leader?

OR - since Krystia, me, and Xairmo all reached the same point in the league, we could all round robin for the spot in a few matches. :I

Suggestions?

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
  • I already told Polar in a PM but I should publicly post that I'm down for a round robin with Polar and Krystia!

Polar Spectrum

Years
  • I'm game for it - anybody object...? Let's give this like at least a day or two since people aren't always on here every day.

Also;

Wait a minute. We had a Champion before. Was that given up when the Champion took on a Leader role?

Does this also mean this new Champion will be the final challenge for anyone else collecting all symbols, like was discussed before? :)

This belongs here not in the challenge thread :P And yes; it was discussed above - as it is being currently.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I'm fine with the 3 of you duking it out for the Champ spot. Regardless of who wins though, we're gonna have an empty slot in the 3DS division. Should we just leave that open and see if anyone comes forward to fill it, or should we go and ask if people wanna fill it?

Years
  • I wouldn't mind doing the challenge. It sounds kind of entertaining. However, I believe we still have one or two spot to be filled. We kind of need a little more challengers in this occasion. Skyburies is possible the new and staple champion unless he gets an offer to be part of the league. Also, we can pull Xirmons to the Elite four to fill Charizard spot. We should definitely start cleaning our list of challengers who haven't show up for a while, and hiring new leaders :P

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I would love to see both Champions with their original teams duke it out for the title, but the entire question of whether the leader spot is vacated is really the dilemma here. Nonetheless, having people able to go all the way through and then take on an E4 position (as they ought to be a "final frontier" of sorts) makes sure we have strong battlers in the positions for the symbols.

Polar Spectrum

Years
  • I was gonna bring up Xairmo being Elite 4 instead of Gym leader, because frankly he's pretttttty good, and got Dragon / Steel as a typing. :I That might block a lot of people moving on to the elites hahah. We could have him keep the type, and replace Charizard Man as an Elite like Krystia said, and move the Ground / Dragon position to a gym leader spot, and have either Sky or someone else take it or a new typing.... Where the hell did that list of types by Division go... I may have to reorganize it. :I Anybody see it on a past page?

Anyways, if Sky knocks off the new champion whichever one of us gets it anyways - we shouldn't have as many issues since we'd all keep our spots, and just have to find a replacement for Charizard Man if he's really MIA. Which he seems to be.

But yeah, alright, Krystia and Xairmo - let us battle for the champ spot. :D

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years
  • How's about we create a demotion process to keep Leader spots filled? I could assume championship and take on challenges, but were I to lose to, say, Zekrom on a later challenge, I think that there should be some kind of evaluation/qualification battle amongst current elites so that I'd take an Elite 4 position, resulting in one of the Elites taking a Leader spot.

This seems fair to me. Also, I think that in order to assume the title of standing champion, the challenger should have to win 2/3 matches with the current champ using the same mons (option of different builds). This would eliminate fluke victories in favor of true strategic merit.

I'm a newcomer to this stuff, but just thought I'd make a suggestion since the vacancies are a bit of an issue at the mo.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back