• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pro Wrestling Discussion Thread III

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    I usually like Striker's commentating but he annoyed me a lot yesterday for some reason. I don't know. Maybe it was the way he sounded like such a douche.

EstebanOrt77

The only Colombian on PC.
    Years
    Josh Matthew's asked a stupid question
    What did it feel like when you choked out Khali
    Zigger: It felt like this -sleeper hold-
    I know, I saw it. What I meant to ask was: What was the point of Ziggler choking Matthews? And then Matt Striker laughing at it? That was pretty weird and messed up, now wasn't it?

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Smackdown was pretty solid, yes. The Edge vs. Jericho match was good, and it ended good, and I'm guessing a Triple Threat match at ER.... hopefully ladder match.

I want Shad to win if he does face JTG at ER... hopefully Street Fight. Makes sense seeing both are from right here, New York (I think)

Thumbs up to Ziggler for the Sleeper Hold

The McIntyre Hardy match was picture perfect.

Overall, a good Smackdown.

WWE SmackDown Superstar Injured Yesterday in Europe
    By Marc Middleton

- WWE Superstar Ezekiel Jackson was apparently injured at last night's SmackDown live event in Glasgow, Scotland in a match against Kane.

A few minutes into the match, Kane threw Jackson over the top rope. Jackson eventually came back in the ring, laid down and Kane covered him for the quick win. It was said by a fan in attendance that it looked like he blew out his right knee. After Kane made his quick exit, Billy Kidman and others came out to help Ezekiel to the back.

Kurt Angle Taking A Month Off, New TNA Show To Air Monday Nights Before iMPACT!
    By Michael Bluth

- TNA star Kurt Angle will be taking some time off following his cage match with Ken Anderson at the upcoming Lockdown pay-per-view on April 18 t. Angle wrote on Twitter:

"I will be taking some time off for a month to heal up, pursue more movies and promote Anglefoods at foodiesfoodclub.com. I am NOT injured. At Lockdown I plan on kicking Anderson's *ss, then I'm gonna relax for a few weeks. Be back soon."

- TNA sent out the following announcing a new show that will air on Spike TV on Monday nights before iMAPCT!

And on a side note, Jack Swagger recently got married to Catalina White. I have some picture, but there a bit... showy. Google it up, or ask me. =P

Last edited:

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Oh my god, did anyone see TNA? Jeff Hardy got hit with a fireball right in the face. Here's an article:

Jeff Hardy's Face Burned By Fireball
    By Michael Bluth

-- Last night on TNA iMPACT!, Jeff Hardy took a huge fireball to the face at the hands of Beer Money's James Storm. TNA censored the footage that aired on television, stating that it was too graphic and the censors wouldn't let them air it. Jeff Hardy's girlfriend Beth wrote on Twitter that Jeff was "burned badly" during the spot - enough to "blister & peel". She added that Jeff "singed near his eyes, forehead and lips" and hopes he's "never asked to do something like that again."

Here is the video strait from Youtube, totally uncensored. Be warned, as it is graphic and lags to much:

Spoiler:

EstebanOrt77

Years
    Oh my god, did anyone see TNA? Jeff Hardy got hit with a fireball right in the face. Here's an article:

Jeff Hardy's Face Burned By Fireball
    By Michael Bluth

-- Last night on TNA iMPACT!, Jeff Hardy took a huge fireball to the face at the hands of Beer Money's James Storm. TNA censored the footage that aired on television, stating that it was too graphic and the censors wouldn't let them air it. Jeff Hardy's girlfriend Beth wrote on Twitter that Jeff was "burned badly" during the spot - enough to "blister & peel". She added that Jeff "singed near his eyes, forehead and lips" and hopes he's "never asked to do something like that again."

Here is the video strait from Youtube, totally uncensored. Be warned, as it is graphic and lags to much:

Spoiler:
    ..wow...that's crazy.

Well, Raw was somewhat good yesterday but AS ALWAYS those damn guest host had to screw everything up, I mean we already had a divas match, why another one(and with lifeguards, REALLY?)? And then that stupid Santino-Hornswoggle segment afterwards! All that wasted time could have gone to people who OBVIOUSLY deserved it(Christian, William Regal, HELL, EVEN ZACK RYDER).

Oh God, when is WWE ever gonna learn?

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    I liked how Eve won though. She really deserved it. xD

The other Diva match did seem like a bit much. I didn't mind the lifeguards so much. ; )

I agree with the Santino-Hornswoggle part. Totally.

EstebanOrt77

Years
    I liked how Eve won though. She really deserved it. xD

The other Diva match did seem like a bit much. I didn't mind the lifeguards so much. ; )

I agree with the Santino-Hornswoggle part. Totally.
    We could have seen an awesome Regal Vs. Christian or something. And no Legacy either. That sucked.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Orton & Christian to SD. Maybe an Edge & Christian reunion... or maybe Rated-RKO?

Hilarious, I was thinking the same thing last night.

I'm pretty sure RKO is coming to SD either way, due to the Extreme Rules match. As for Chrisitan, I'm less sure, but I have my fingers crossed. xD

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Taker is gonna have to retire sooner or later, dude's been in the business for a long time.

Wow, TNA and WWE are having many people on the injured list as of late:

Jeff Hardy: The burnt face (video is a few posts above)
    John Cena: Back and knee problems
    HHH: Neck and repaid Quad issues.

Also, rumor has it that the TNA locker room is in chaos, as no one has a clue who's in charge.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    No Guest Host for the WWE Draft on RAW, Matt Hardy Injury Update, More
    By Marc Middleton

- John Cena vs. Sheamus vs. Randy Orton is being advertised for WWE's return to Greensboro, North Carolina on Saturday, June 13th.

- Matt Hardy wrote the following on Twitter regarding his injury from the European tour: "Thx 4 the well wishes on my arm injury, all are much appreciated! My bicep & shoulder muscles are deeply bruised & strained, but not torn. Haven't missed any of my matches or appearances, nor will I on this tour. I'm working in pain, but attempting to work as smart as possible."

- Apparently WWE won't be having a celebrity guest host on the April 26th RAW, which features the 2010 Draft. WWE is wanting to have the show focus on the draft. This will be the first episode of RAW to not have a guest host since the angle began in June of last year. WWE will likely continue working with movie studios throughout the Summer to land more guest hosts looking to promote their Summer movies.

Ouch, for Hardy, hope he gets better

That main event sounds sweet.

AND THANK GOD THAT THERE ISNT GONNA BE A HOST.

EstebanOrt77

Years
    No Guest Host for the WWE Draft on RAW, Matt Hardy Injury Update, More
    By Marc Middleton

- John Cena vs. Sheamus vs. Randy Orton is being advertised for WWE's return to Greensboro, North Carolina on Saturday, June 13th.

- Matt Hardy wrote the following on Twitter regarding his injury from the European tour: "Thx 4 the well wishes on my arm injury, all are much appreciated! My bicep & shoulder muscles are deeply bruised & strained, but not torn. Haven't missed any of my matches or appearances, nor will I on this tour. I'm working in pain, but attempting to work as smart as possible."

- Apparently WWE won't be having a celebrity guest host on the April 26th RAW, which features the 2010 Draft. WWE is wanting to have the show focus on the draft. This will be the first episode of RAW to not have a guest host since the angle began in June of last year. WWE will likely continue working with movie studios throughout the Summer to land more guest hosts looking to promote their Summer movies.

Ouch, for Hardy, hope he gets better

That main event sounds sweet.

AND THANK GOD THAT THERE ISNT GONNA BE A HOST.
    I don't see why Matt doesn't take time off, either way he's still gonna end up as a jobber, unfortunately.

I hope Orton wins.

Finally no guest hosts, maybe if were extra lucky there will be no Santino or Hornswoggle either.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    EstebanOrt77 said:
    Finally no guest hosts, maybe if were extra lucky there will be no Santino or Hornswoggle either.

I doubt we could ever get that lucky. You just know they're going to sneak at least one of them in there for a quick promo or something.

Living Desert

Lock up your daughters...
    Years
    When Turner gets back into the game.

That's Ted Turner for the slower ones. If you didn't know anyway.

Considering that Turner built the WCW in order to compete with and offer the same entertainment that the WWE model Vince built with Hogan in the 80s did, I'm not really sure how that would change anything. I mean when Turner started WCW, who was the big star?...Hogan was, so there was really nothing new there. In fact, the concept was similar to that of TNA: Lets take everyone who defects from WWE/ECW and repackage out the wazzooo.

Minus the NWO and maybe a better developed cruiserweight division, it was essentially the same product as 80s WWE, with a lot less development.

I don't see how Turner changes anything on return, there were never any good ideas generated by his wrestling team. I mean what was the big idea for direction after the "finger poke of doom" went over so poorly? Sign Vince Russo? XD Look how that turned out.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Living Desert said:
    Considering that Turner built the WCW in order to compete with and offer the same entertainment that the WWE model Vince built with Hogan in the 80s did, I'm not really sure how that would change anything. I mean when Turner started WCW, who was the big star?...Hogan was, so there was really nothing new there. In fact, the concept was similar to that of TNA: Lets take everyone who defects from WWE/ECW and repackage out the wazzooo.

Minus the NWO and maybe a better developed cruiserweight division, it was essentially the same product as 80s WWE, with a lot less development.

I don't see how Turner changes anything on return, there were never any good ideas generated by his wrestling team. I mean what was the big idea for direction after the "finger poke of doom" went over so poorly? Sign Vince Russo? XD Look how that turned out.

That post was really just wit as I remembered the good old days while I was reading an article on TVTropes.

Vince Russo is great. I think. Well, that's what he's let on. It's probably false though.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    WWE NXT Leaving SyFy, Jack Swagger Works Double Duty
    Story By: Steve Carrier

- WWE World Heavyweight champion pulled double duty on Monday, wrestling on a SmackDown brand houseshow in Nottingham, England and then driving two and a half hours to London so he could appear in the final segment of WWE RAW, which was taped from London.

- WWE SmackDown moving to the SyFy Channel this fall will spell the end of the company's new NXT show on the cable network. While there was talk that the series was "canceled," WWE is reportedly not ready to pull the plug yet and is currently seeking a new home for the NXT show.

According to PWInsider, WWE has had preliminary discussions with the Bravo cable network, which is also part of the NBC Universal family (along with USA Network & SyFy.) There's also the possibility of airing the NXT show on WWE.com.

All I have to say about this is I'm really pissed there moving Smackdown... I don't have cable anymore. =(

Back