• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Professor Name Candidates

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2023
    Hello, I'm back after over a year. So with Scarlet and Violet announced what do you think the name of the next professor with be? Considering we're looking at Spain for the next region it's flora will likely be used for it, but what do you think the company will reveal? I'm partially making sure my OC professor's name doesn't get taken. Feel free to add your descriptions of what they might look like too.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    We've had some pretty knock out profs in recent games, I hope the trend continues!

I think Professor Clavel makes sense. The red carnation is the national flower of Spain and iirc Clavel = carnation in Spanish. :3

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
    I'm more interested to see what the professor looks like or what his personality is before guessing what his name could be.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I think Eucalyptus and Sequoia are to very big candidates, especially given that 'Redwood' was the hint Masuda gave in a interview. Spain has Giant Sequoia trees, which is only found in two places in the world that I know of.

Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I think Eucalyptus and Sequoia are to very big candidates, especially given that 'Redwood' was the hint Masuda gave in a interview. Spain has Giant Sequoia trees, which is only found in two places in the world that I know of.
    Sequoia would make for an awesome name omg.

Absolutely love this too, beautiful names!! Especially the latter. So very gorgeous and fitting. I wasn't aware of the Redwood hint either!

Years
    Don't know if Spain has Acacia trees, but I just figured that'd be a really cool name for a Professor heh

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    Don't know if Spain has Acacia trees, but I just figured that'd be a really cool name for a Professor heh

Can confirm we do. It's also the name of a neighbourhood in Madrid, near a park known for those.

Back