• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Professor vs Professor

Which professor do you prefer?

• Professor Elm

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Professor Rowan

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • Both

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • None

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
  • Between the two series -- HG and DPpt, which series' Professor did you like better? A pretty simple question, but an interesting question I'd like to hear answers for! Was it Sinnoh's Professor Rowan, and his white moustache? Or perhaps Johto's wacky Professor Elm? The choice is up to you! Which do you choose?

I prefer Professor Elm over Professor Rowan, simply because I love Professor Elm's wacky character. I found Professor Rowan a bit too serious, and his character in the anime I didn't think was as likable as Professor Elm's.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I liked Professor Rowan better, because I liked how he was serious and stern. He was different to the other professors. And i liked his moustache ;)

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
    Years
  • Rowan, mainly because he was just so... prophetic. He knew that the main character of DPPt would turn out to be great, long before the end of his journey. I thought that was pretty amazing.

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • Prof. Elm <3 Not only because I prefer the 2nd gen over the 4th, I also prefer Elm's wacky personnality.
    Professor Rowan isn't as interesting, he's in some ways a cliché professor, with his white moustache, serious personnality and so on.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I like Professor Rowan because of his serious and kind personality. It's also hilarious that he has a sweet tooth too.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I prefer Rowan over Elm. Rowan is more helpful and takes the time to travel around a bit. I totally forgot about Elm whilst playing HG/SS you meet him at the beginning, have a conversation after you win the Pokemon League and then that's it. ;;

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Rowan; he seemed far more like a professor should be to me, and I preferred his personality. Elm was just too...well, dumb for my liking. Consider this; he has a wife and child and yet had no idea where Pokemon came from and was astounded by the idea of an egg. Sure, part of that is to do with the Pokemon way of avoiding the whole existence of sex ('I have no idea where this egg came from!') but nonetheless...

Years
  • I went with Rowan, he's more professional and I like Sinnoh better than Johto. He knew the DPPt protagonist would turn out be a good Trainer.

Years
  • Prof. Rowan looks like one of my professors haha. And I didn't like him. Rowan's ok though. I can't really choose between a professor because I really just ignored them both. Ignored the Pokedex, the Togepi Egg, everything they said lol.

diab_low

All men live, only few exist.
    Years
  • I Picked Elm as he was my first Professor and my favourite fire type is from him lol

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Rowan looks more like a professor, plus he's not scatterbrained and actually steps out of the lab sometime (like in the Canalave library). It struck me odd as to how Elm even became a professor and certainly he's not one of the more memorable ones.

So Rowan for me.

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
    Years
  • I liked Elm because I can relate, judging from his concept art he's a pretty disorganized guy, and like you said he's wacky which is kinda like me from time to time to time

Affliction

Booted out - don't be like me!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2016
    Elm cause he's better, and helped me get my favourite Pokemon (Typhlosion).

Elm also cause he's cooler.

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2012
    Well since I never played the Diamond/Pearl games, imma gonna have to go with Elm. Besides, Typhlosion is my favourite Pokemon.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Heh, Elm is so unmemorable that I honestly thought Oak was still the main professor during Johto! :P So I'd have to go for Rowan in this scenario. He seemed quite professional and professor-y, and I can actually remember his name, which is a definite benefit.

Affliction

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2016
    Basically, the only Professors I never saw were Professor Birch and Professor Juniper.

Affliction

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2016
    Heh, Elm is so unmemorable that I honestly thought Oak was still the main professor during Johto! :P So I'd have to go for Rowan in this scenario. He seemed quite professional and professor-y, and I can actually remember his name, which is a definite benefit.

If I remember correctly, Elm was once one of Professor Oak's assistants. Then he became a Professor of Johto. Although I'd say Professor Oak and Elm are pretty much a tie.

Back