• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project: Generation 6 for Pokémon Essentials (Pokémon sprites and PBS files)

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2024
    I put the battles sprites of Gen 6 with the Elite Battle system but the sprites of the pokémon of the player being too big. How I can fix this?

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2016
    how do I add the ability messages??
    or this feature does not belong to the proyect anymor??

Years
  • how do I add the ability messages??
    Edit the following scripts, looking for .hasWorkingAbility:
    PokeBattle_Battler
    PokeBattle_BattlerEffects
    Pokebattle_Move
    Pokebattle_MoveEffects
    PokeBattle_Battle
    Pokemon_ShadowPokemon

You have to look through the ENTIRE scripts, figuring out which instances need to have the cut-in.

or this feature does not belong to the proyect anymor??
    see above.

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2016
    Edit the following scripts, looking for .hasWorkingAbility:
    PokeBattle_Battler
    PokeBattle_BattlerEffects
    Pokebattle_Move
    Pokebattle_MoveEffects
    PokeBattle_Battle
    Pokemon_ShadowPokemon

You have to look through the ENTIRE scripts, figuring out which instances need to have the cut-in.

see above.

Alright I got the Idea but I'm just way too noob with this I tried to put this in the places I want the ability to show up but i comes up with an error:

pbDrawOutlineText(textbitmap.bitmap,battleEffect.x-6,battleEffect.y-9,192,48,battler.name+"'s",Color.new(255,255,255,255),Color.new(150,150,150,150),2)
    pbDrawOutlineText(textbitmap.bitmap,battleEffect.x-6,battleEffect.y+9,192,48,effect,Color.new(255,255,255,255),Color.new(150,150,150,150),2)

Error:
    ---------------------------
    Pokemon Essentials
    Exception: NameError

Message: undefined local variable or method `textbitmap' for #<PokeBattle_Battle:0x7313830>

PokeBattle_Battle:3009:in `__clauses__pbEndOfRoundPhase'

PokeBattle_Battle:3005:in `each'

PokeBattle_Battle:3005:in `__clauses__pbEndOfRoundPhase'

PokeBattle_Clauses:42:in `pbEndOfRoundPhase_old'

Battle:318:in `pbEndOfRoundPhase'

Battle:249:in `pbStartBattleCore'

Battle:248:in `logonerr'

Battle:248:in `pbStartBattleCore'

Battle:232:in `loop'

Battle:253:in `pbStartBattleCore'

This exception was logged in

C:\Users\Hp\Saved Games/Pokemon Essentials/errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    OK

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    I add fairy-type and ...

Exception: NameError
    Compiler:1680:in 'pbCompilePokemonData'
    Compiler:4098:in 'pbCompileAllData'
    Compiler:4212

This xception was logged in
    C:\Users\Administrator\Sved Games/Pokemon Essentials/errorlog.txt
    Press Ctrl+C to ...

HELP ME !!! :( :( :(

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2018
    Hello this is my first time using Essentials and I don't know what the heck I am doing but I'm trying to understand. I downloaded the file that had updated TMs, Pokemon, Abilities, etc and I replaced the txt files in the PBS folder with the new ones. When I go into Essentials nothing works... Can somebody help me?

Years
    • Seen today
    Hello this is my first time using Essentials and I don't know what the heck I am doing but I'm trying to understand. I downloaded the file that had updated TMs, Pokemon, Abilities, etc and I replaced the txt files in the PBS folder with the new ones. When I go into Essentials nothing works... Can somebody help me?

Have you tried a forced data compile?
    Open the Debug menu or Editor.exe and select "Compile Data".

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2018
    I was wrong I think, I just got an error message when I changed a pokemon into a gen 6 one. I think it's because I don't a sprite and icon for gen 6 pokemon. Also where can i find types.png but with fairy type. One last question: Are the pokemon/moves that are supposed to be fairy type shown as normal because I don't have a fairy type icon or something else?

Years
    • Seen today
    I was wrong I think, I just got an error message when I changed a pokemon into a gen 6 one. I think it's because I don't a sprite and icon for gen 6 pokemon. Also where can i find View attachment 79755 but with fairy type. One last question: Are the pokemon/moves that are supposed to be fairy type shown as normal because I don't have a fairy type icon or something else?

I can give you my types.png, but it doesn't have Shadow. (But at least you have Fairy now.)
    types.png

Pokébook1

Marene
    Years
  • sorry I didn't read all those 32 pages but I have got a problem when catching Pokémon with the new 6gen Gain Exp after battle experience (In the settings) when I have it turn on and I catch a Pokémon an error pops up, after the error no Pokédex catch-scene is shown and I either have no Pokémon caught! Also why can't I see my Pokédex after receiving it from the professor? just when I catch one it appears, but just when I turn the GainExp to false then I can catch Pokémon and they are shown in the Pokédex and I get the Pokédex in the Pause Menu after catching a Pokémon, doesn't seem natural for me, for some reason.

This is the error which pops up, when I have the 6 gen "Gain EXP after catching" turned into "true". This error pops up the game doesn't crash but the catched Pokémon doesn't appear in the Party screen and in the Pokédex... =
    Spoiler:

rigbycwts

Hmm, hmm.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2019
    I'm back. Recently updated to 16.2 and when a Pokemon Mega Evolves, it doesn't revert back after a battle.

Years
  • is it possible to have the battlers be downloaded in to two separate chunks? My internet keeps screwing up before I can download the entire file. My network loves the 100 kbps download speed. >.>

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I just updated my "Essentials" to Gen6 and imported the "connections.dat" and all "map.rpgxp" from my older version back into the new folder I created so nothing gets accadently deleted. I started the game and I got the following Error when I tried to move:
    Spoiler:

Diverscope

Pardon me
    Years
  • Like the error message says: The game can't find the Item "CUT". I suppose you accidentally deleted your custom items.txt during the update.

Back