• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project: Generation 6 for Pokémon Essentials (Pokémon sprites and PBS files)

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2016
    This error was shown after I replaced the PBS files and battlers with that of Gen 6:
    ---------------------------
    Pokemon Essentials
    Exception: NameError

Compiler:1680:in `pbCompilePokemonData'

Compiler:4098:in `pbCompileAllData'

Compiler:4212

This exception was logged in

C:\Users\ninja\Saved Games/Pokemon Essentials/errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.

So, er, help please?

SpartaLazor

Doofus Lunarius
    Years
  • Gee, your only two contributions to this forum have been asking for something and whining about the thread? You think the quality of the people on this forums isn't up to your standards?

That's the sad truth. It's only going to become more common as time goes on. People just jump into making their games without bothering to figure out, or at least get a basic understanding of, how it all works. Then they just expect that everyone else can just bail them out. There are so few developers nowadays that understand that they'll be mostly alone on their project. No one is going to hold their hand all the way on it. Few people actually want to do the hard work that's involved with making a game - they just want to be popular.

This error was shown after I replaced the PBS files and battlers with that of Gen 6:

Spoiler:

So, er, help please?

Believe it or not, the error messages actually tell you what's wrong. They're not just there to say that you've screwed up. All those words have a meaning. It tells you where the error is, and points you to where the error occurred.

In this case, the problem is that the constant PBColors is not initialized. Pretty easy to figure that out. The error occurred in the script section "Compiler" on lines 1680, 4098, and 4212. PBColors is on line 1680, which is in the def for pbCompilePokemonData. Since it was uninitialized, pbCompilePokemonData was erroneous. This in turn caused an error for the def pbCompileAllData on line 4098 when it referred back to the previous def. Which in turn caused an error on line 4212 when the def was referred to again.

I think.

I have little scripting knowledge, but that would be my best assessment of exactly what's wrong and an explanation of the error message. Just so you'll know for the future.

As for fixing it, well, all I can recommend is making sure that you're on the very latest version of Essentials, and that you updated your game correctly, and that you followed all of the installation instructions correctly. That's a huge source of problems - people either aren't fully up to date, or they just don't follow instructions that well.

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2016
    The pokemon PBS file actually takes away pokemon for me and only allows up to scrafty ... what do I do?

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2016
    Hi guys and gals,

Wanted to give a big thanks to everyone who worked on the project, it's an amazing piece of work. Also awesome to see many members still actively contributing and helping us noobs figure out how to fix and lingering bugs. A few members seem to have asked about a bug that occurs when the move Curse is used, where the stat increases don't seem to happen. Doesn't crash the game, but would still be good to see the stat increases! It didn't look like a fix was found, or at least posted, so I thought I would try to ask again. The Error message looks like:
    Pokemon Essentials Gen 6
    Exception: NoMethodError
    Message: undefined method `hasBypassingAbility' for false:FalseClass
    PokeBattle_BattlerEffects:774:in `pbIncreaseStatBasic'
    PokeBattle_BattlerEffects:836:in `pbIncreaseStat'
    PokeBattle_MoveEffects:7177:in `pbEffect'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3462:in `pbUseMove'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3461:in `logonerr'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3461:in `pbUseMove'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3705:in `pbProcessTurn'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3704:in `logonerr'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3704:in `pbProcessTurn'
    PokeBattle_Battle:3087:in `pbAttackPhase'

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2023
    Hi! When my pokemon stoles a item using magician, it shows me this error. It does nothing coz I steal the item anyways and the game keeps going, but its... ugly? This is the error:

Exception: NoMethodError

Message: undefined method `pbDisplayEffect' for #<PokeBattle_Battle:0x8c1e810>

PokeBattle_Battler:1190:in `pbEffectsOnDealingDamage_ebs'

EliteBattle_Battle :619:in `pbEffectsOnDealingDamage'

PokeBattle_Battler:2251:in `pbProcessMoveAgainstTarget_ebs'

PokeBattle_Battler:2195:in `each'

PokeBattle_Battler:2195:in `pbProcessMoveAgainstTarget_ebs'

EliteBattle_Battle :527:in `pbProcessMoveAgainstTarget'

PokeBattle_Battler:2575:in `pbUseMove_ebs'

PokeBattle_Battler:2549:in `loop'

PokeBattle_Battler:2578:in `pbUseMove_ebs'

EliteBattle_Battle :560:in `pbUseMove'

I really need help, please. Thanks.

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2017
    My back sprites are the wrong size. I can't just change BACKSPRITESCALE because the Pokemon have inconsistent sizes. For example, Pikachu is too big, while Gyarados is too small. How do I fix this? I even tried resizing the battlers, but that resulted in glitched animations.

Years
  • Hey I just saw that the Battler Sprites do not follow the EBS Naming Convention and don't get sorted into folders when game is run in debug mode... so do we have to sort them ourselves (I'm Kinda Lazy :3c )

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2017
    I Need Help Do Any Of You Have The Complete Files Of The Game With Elite Battle? I Keep Getting Errors

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2017
    I Need Help. Does Anyone Have Full Set With Elite Battle Because I Keep Getting Errors

It Have Many When I Test

IDK What To Do Im New. I Learn The Basic But Pokemon Gen 6 Files Are Hard To Use

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Age 21
    • Seen Nov 28, 2022
    IDK What To Do Im New. I Learn The Basic But Pokemon Gen 6 Files Are Hard To Use

So you decide to post three messages at the same time? You can edit messages.
    The gen 6 files are without a doubt the easiest thing to use.
    I offered help, but you ignored me.

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2017
    I Would Like To Get The Download With The Thing It Need With Elite Battle And I Can See What I Did Wrong

The Error Is Item Repel And More And Sorry For Ignoring You

Years
    • Age 21
    • Seen Nov 28, 2022
    The Error Is Item Repel And More And Sorry For Ignoring You

..........As I said, you can edit your posts. Do that in the future, there's no need for multiple messages right after one another. The issue with your repel is likely because you haven't updated "items.txt". I assume you started at v15. v16 Essentials brought a new field to "items.txt", the plural items field. If you're using version 15 of Essentials, there should not be a plural item field. If you are using version 16 of Essentials, there should be a plural item field. Double check which version of Essentials you have and if your items.txt file has plural fields for items.

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2017
    I Use Version 16v
    And How Should I Change BC I Am Following The Gen 6 Thing
    I Started As 16v
    And Found Gen 6 Is Better
    Umm... What Should I Do? I Just Need The Right Files. I Search How To Do It But None. IDK What Post Is Newest And How To Install

..........As I said, you can edit your posts. Do that in the future, there's no need for multiple messages right after one another. The issue with your repel is likely because you haven't updated "items.txt". I assume you started at v15. v16 Essentials brought a new field to "items.txt", the plural items field. If you're using version 15 of Essentials, there should not be a plural item field. If you are using version 16 of Essentials, there should be a plural item field. Double check which version of Essentials you have and if your items.txt file has plural fields for items.

Do You Have The File?
    With Elite Battle

Soccersam

Hilbert is Badass
    Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    When I imported the pokemon PBS and sprites, I was happy as a goose in a picnic. I had also already downloaded the icons and the audio files. But then imagine my heartbreak when I saw there was no pokemon from Gen 6 in the Add Pokemon menu in Debug mode! Then I started a new game with the gen 6 starters, but everytime I chose a pokemon from the lab, I got the following error.

Pokemon Essentials
    Exception: RuntimeError

Exception: ArgumentError

Message: Section122:891:in `__mf_initialize'The species number (no. 0 of 649) is invalid.

***Full script:

pbAddPokemon(:FROAKIE,5)

Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'

Pokemon_MultipleForms:133:in `initialize'

PSystem_Utilities:1757:in `new'

PSystem_Utilities:1757:in `pbAddPokemon'

(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:1606:in `eval'

Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:1606:in `command_355'

Interpreter:494:in `execute_command'

Interpreter:193:in `update'

Interpreter:276:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:1606:in `command_355'

Interpreter:494:in `execute_command'

Interpreter:193:in `update'

Interpreter:106:in `loop'

Interpreter:198:in `update'

Scene_Map:103:in `follow_update'

Scene_Map:101:in `loop'

Scene_Map:114:in `follow_update'

Pokemon Follow:1551:in `update'

C:\Users\wickedsoham\Saved Games/Pokemon Essentials/errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    OK

Am I missing something? do I have to install some new scripts or something?If anybody can help me with this, I am going to be so, SO grateful to that person!

Back